Windows 10: HP CoolSense Stopped From Working After Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support HP CoolSense Stopped From Working After Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I recently upgraded my laptop to the current RTM build version of the new Windows 10 Operating System (OS). However, upon the final... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MKeezy, Jul 16, 2015.

1. MKeezy Win User

HP CoolSense Stopped From Working After Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello Everyone,

I recently upgraded my laptop to the current RTM build version of the new Windows 10 Operating System (OS). However, upon the final reboot into the new version of Windows 10, I noticed much more fan noise than usual from my system. I was able to perform an in place upgrade, so I kept most all of my applications from my previous version of Windows, Windows 8.1.

The only thing I was informed of being unable to keep prior to upgrading was the Windows Media Center, which was uninstalled during the upgrade process. Now, when I try to enable the HP CoolSense system fan control app, I get the following error message.

I won't even bother trying to bother HP support with this as they didn't even want to support my model laptop beyond it's original OS installation of Windows 7, which I have successively migrated up from to both Windows 8 and 8.1 since 2012.

I have a 15.6 inch screen HP DV6t - 6100 Entertainment laptop w/ AMD/Intel switchable graphics. The HP CoolSense is pretty much a necessity for when maintaining and optimal operating temperature while using either the dedicated (AMD) or integrated (Intel) graphics. Otherwise, This upgrade was all for nothing. I cannot sit here listening to my laptop burn up just to run Windows 10, when everything worked fine under the other previous three Windows OS platforms.

Does anyone know of any compatible system fan software that might work to replace the HP Cool Sense Software which Windows 10 has blocked from running for some reason?

By the way, even though I cannot access my HP CoolSense Thermal Control Utility, I've noticed that the Recommended HP Power Saving Plan is still available in my power settings list of power plan. After having selected that particular plan, I also notice that the fan has quieted down somewhat, but is no where near as quiet as it would be if the CoolSense application was still controlling its operation.

Please, tell me that someone has found a solution to this issues!

:)

MKeezy, Jul 16, 2015

2. HP CoolSense Feature

What is the HP CoolSense Feature? I have windows 10

Lonely Petunia, Jul 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade PC Won't Wake from Sleep Mode OR Shut Down Properly (Most of the time)

I could solve the error updating the bios to F.53 Rev.A, installing the HP Coolsense and the 3d driveguard from the official HP website

LuisBonilla99, Jul 16, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

5. MKeezy Win User
    No, I actually hadn't tried that, since I've been through this before when I upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 and then 8.1. That HP CoolSense version is incompatible with my hardware configuration. I'm running version 1 and that most recent update version 2 pertains to the 3rd Gen Core i5/7 and nVidia/Intel video processor setup.

I really wish those HP engineers had thought that far ahead when they were building my system. I assure you that HP never intended to see my particular model laptop run anything other than what they installed on it from the factory, because they as much as told me so.

It was the prototype for all the recent entertainment pcs with switchable graphics and Intel chip sets that would come later. I really thought I had some special tech until I told them I wanted to upgrade it to Windows 8 which was released only a couple of months after I bought it custom made for $1200.00 USD.

So just to make sure they poured enough salt in that already festering wound they created for me, they released to next generation of the same entertainment laptops as mine with nVidia hardware and 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processors just a couple of months later after I purchased this one and for less money.

I appreciate your suggestion, but I've been there... done that ...so, I know it won't resolve this compatibility issue.

Thanks for trying!

MKeezy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HP CoolSense Stopped From Working After Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - CoolSense Stopped Working

2. HP Laptop touchscreen stopped working after update from win 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop touchscreen stopped working after update from win 10 to 11: HP Laptop 15-dy2132wm touchscreen stopped working after update from win 10 to 11. device manager missing HID compliant touchscreen driver. I have no system restore or backup. can someone tell me where to download the HID compliant touchscreen driver. or how to fix?Device name...
  3. The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello ! I'm using the Sony computer, model VPCEH2DFX with the built-in Sony Visual Communication Camera and built-in microphone. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my camera and microphone no longer works. I reinstalled the drivers, check if anything is using...
  4. HP Truevision HD not working after Windows 10 upgrade

HP Truevision HD not working after Windows 10 upgrade: Please help as there is no webcam information available in device manager nor the HP Truevision HD is working. I have found many forums with similar question, but no fix or mentioned the drivers are sent through private chat. Could you please support. Thanks...
  5. Speakers stopped working after I upgraded to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speakers stopped working after I upgraded to windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 but the speakers I've been using stopped working and it's confusing me to no end. I use a hdmi splitter and I thought that might be the problem but when I switched it out for my playstation the audio worked fine... I've deleted,...
  6. Windows 10 Printer continues to stop working after each upgrade from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Printer continues to stop working after each upgrade from Microsoft: Each time my computer receives a software update from Microsoft, my HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer no longer works. It doesn't print anything even after I get it back on line with my wireless network. I just get printer error messages that don't mean anything to me. I...
  7. The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade

in Cortana
    The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade, the microphone stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-installed-microphone-stopped-working-after-the/28c90aed-13e7-46df-b6b0-9630eba97052"
  8. dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade: dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade I have found a fix finally after pulling all my hair out lol woooo. I tried every thing uninstalled drivers after drivers and messed with reg folder and got no where. will be back when I find the sight I was on and let you...
  9. HP Coolsense doesn't show in tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Coolsense doesn't show in tray: Hi, I want to install HP coolsense cause my laptop get's a little too hot sometimes, but when I download from hp website and run it. Well it doesn't show up and I cannot find it on system, I would like to know if anyone has had this problem or if anyone has it installed...
  10. After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working: Hello! I did my upgrade quite shortly ago. Basically before that upgrade I had 2 connections at the same time: Local Area Connection with Ethernet and my PPPOE connection as advised by my provider. I've been using my PPPOE connection for years to sidestep some connection...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp cools sense after 1903 upgrade

2. coolsense doenst show in tray

3. hp coolsense not working on windows 10

4. hp coolsense does not work with windows 10 1809