Windows 10: HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...

Discus and support HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My HP Desktop has been a lot slower than it usually is. I don't know if it has to do with the latest update or patches or what it is. But when I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jesse Williams, Jul 8, 2019.

1. HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...

My HP Desktop has been a lot slower than it usually is. I don't know if it has to do with the latest update or patches or what it is. But when I first wake it up and enter my password to unlock it, it's slow clicking on the lock screen to enter the PIN code. Once I am in, the Start Menu freezes up or hangs. Then, it's okay after that.

Any suggestions?

-Jesse

:)

Jesse Williams, Jul 8, 2019

2. slower than usual

hey guys yesterday i turned off superfetch because i thought itll make my gaming more smoother, though now its slower than usual, i turned it on again but i still need help just in case, if you need stuff like system logs or ect please dont hesitate to
    ask

ItzDemasIlham, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jul 8, 2019
  4. HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...

1. HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual... - Similar Threads - Desktop lot slower

2. Slower downloads with Arris 1602A than 802G only on desktop computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slower downloads with Arris 1602A than 802G only on desktop computer: I cannot explain this weird occurrence and am hoping someone can please help. I am an Optimum customer with 200mps service. I was renting an Arris 802G modem which is an 8x4 channel modem and was getting speeds in the near 200mps range. In order not to rent any more, I...
  3. Cursor slower than mouse/touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor slower than mouse/touchpad: My cursor tends to lag behind my touchpad when I'm using any app other than Settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cursor-slower-than-mousetouchpad/fa312e8d-7246-4a0c-86b3-f0b5f233c32b
  4. Ethernet is slower than wireless....

Ethernet is slower than wireless....: I have a problem that my IP says is my Ethernet adapter... I have updated drivers, and tried just about everything, with no success.. My wireless speed is 117mbps/23mbps consistently.. However my direct to my modem Ethernet cable gets no better than 70mbps/22mbps...
  5. Help router LANports slower than Wifi !!"

Help router LANports slower than Wifi !!": Hi there Is it cables or my devices -- I have decent wifi speed on both 2.4 and 5 GZH band, and WAN Ethernet of 1 Gb but the 2 LAN port I'm using on the router only show 100 mb Any ideas (I have to have LAN for those 2 pieces of kit). [img] Cheers jimbo 62781
  6. slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless

slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless: i have a AC600 wifi adapter and a ASUS rt-ac1200g+ router, we pay for 100mbps down. i can hit 30mbps on the wifi adapter but when i try ethernet it is locked at 10mbps at full duplex which is really weird. i have tried cat5e/6/7 but all does the same. i have tried in cmd...
  7. Windows 10 boots/sleeps way slower than usual.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 boots/sleeps way slower than usual.: So for no reason, about a week ago, my laptop started taking around 5 minutes to go to sleep. When it comes back from sleep it alsos takes another 5 mins or more before I can enter my password. Also when I turn it on, it gets stuck on the windows logo with the spinning thing...
  8. Programs load slower than windows 7

Programs load slower than windows 7: So I upgraded finally after I felt that windows 10 was on the right track. I noticed my programs load 5 to 8 seconds slower than with windows 7. I have 2 ssd drives and sometimes when I am searching for a file it will tell me "WORKING ON IT". This never happened with windows...
  9. User accounts slower than one other

User accounts slower than one other: When I downloaded Microsoft 10, I went back on my account and after a couple of minutes the whole thing worked fine, and I didn't see any problems. But, when another family member went on their account, it was MUCH slower than mine, and they couldn't access things that I...
  10. Windows 10 boots/sleeps way slower than usual.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots/sleeps way slower than usual.: So for no reason, about a week ago, my laptop started taking around 5 minutes to go to sleep. When it comes back from sleep it alsos takes another 5 mins or more before I can enter my password. Also when I turn it on, it gets stuck on the windows logo with the spinning thing...