Windows 10: HP Desktop model 750-177c x64 based will not read/write from/to CD-Rom DVD - HP CDDVDW...

Discus and support HP Desktop model 750-177c x64 based will not read/write from/to CD-Rom DVD - HP CDDVDW... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem: HP Desktop model 750-177c x64 based will not read/write from/to CD-Rom Unclear when the problem first occurred. I had not used or tested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KW115, Jul 31, 2020.

1. KW115 Win User

HP Desktop model 750-177c x64 based will not read/write from/to CD-Rom DVD - HP CDDVDW...

Problem: HP Desktop model 750-177c x64 based will not read/write from/to CD-Rom

Unclear when the problem first occurred. I had not used or tested CD-Rom drive for months.

Drive F:

Description CD-ROM Drive internal

Media Loaded No

Media Type DVD Writer

Name hp CDDVDW SU-208GB

Manufacturer Standard CD-ROM drives

Status OK

Transfer Rate -1.00 kbytes/sec

SCSI Target ID 0

PNP Device ID SCSI\CDROM&VEN_HP&PROD_CDDVDW_SU-208GB\4&3B8E2786&1&010000

Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\CDROM.SYS 10.0.20180.1000, 192.00 KB 196,608 bytes, 07/26/20 7:26 AM

Attempts to diagnose/ correct / repair:

• Tested with multiple CDs and DVDs, both with and without data. Failed on the HP desktop Build 20180, all media worked on HP laptop running standard Windows GA
    • Delete device driver. Reboot – no impact. Still failing in exact same way.
    • No error codes on device. Device status always say “This device is working properly”
    • Driver Details: Microsoft, 06/21/06, V 10.0.20180.1000. signer MS
    • Events log:
      • Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_hp&Prod_CDDVDW_SU-208GB\4&3b8e2786&1&010000 was migrated.
      • Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\CdRom&Ven_hp&Prod_CDDVDW_SU-208GB\4&3b8e2786&1&010000
      • Class Guid: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
      • Location Path:
      • Migration Rank: 0x0
      • Present: false
    • Deleted SATA control device, rebooted, installed default SATA device. Rebooted, no impact. Still failing.
    • Tried to re-assign CD-rom driver to F: Rebooted, no impact. Still failing.
    • Downloaded from Windows Catalog most current version of SATA control device. Rebooted, no impact. Still failing.
    • Ran HP hardware diagnostics. Test always fails at 1% saying no media in reader
    • When you view My Computer and with a cd or dvd loaded, you can see the CR-Rom device, and if you click on properties with any cd or dvd loaded, it says Used Space 0 bytes, Free space zero bytes, Capacity 0 bytes. If you double click on device, with any cd or dvd loaded, it says “Please insert a disc into drive F:”
    • Boot into Safe Mode... no impact... still fails as described above
    • Ran following diagnostics, and all came back clean:
      • SFC /Scannow
      • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.20180.1000]

c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.20180.1000

Image Version: 10.0.20180.1000

No component store corruption detected.

The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /scanhealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.20180.1000

Image Version: 10.0.20180.1000

[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.

The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Kevin

:)

KW115, Jul 31, 2020

2. HP DVD ROM not reading/writing CD

I have HP 430 Notebook, my DVD writer was working properly with windows 10 however after updation to windows 10 version 1511, DVD drive stop reading and writing and shows message "Kindly insert disk".

I reinstalled the driver but it does not work. Kindly advice any solution.

UbairUsmani, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Cannot write to DVD/CD-Rom

Running the latest version of Windows 10. Not sure when this occurred as I don't write to the DVD-CD-Rom drive often.

I created the DVD as read/write data to be used similar to a flash drive back in 2017..

I can read the files on the drive, but I cannot copy files from the C: drive to the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

Any help on fixing this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

An update:

I can write to the DVD-CDROM file by using the CMD: copy

But I cannot drag & drop files from c: drive to the DVD/CD-ROM drive via Windows.

Johnny V-588, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

HP Desktop model 750-177c x64 based will not read/write from/to CD-Rom DVD - HP CDDVDW...

how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Desktop model 750-177c x64 based will not read/write from/to CD-Rom DVD - HP CDDVDW... - Similar Threads - Desktop model 750

2. how to open cd/dvd rom on HP desktop tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to open cd/dvd rom on HP desktop tower: How to open the CD/DVD Rom on the Desktop Tower https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-cddvd-rom-on-hp-desktop-tower/9c7f04b7-6118-4612-9d90-5c246ec7b12e
  3. how to open cd/dvd rom on HP desktop tower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open cd/dvd rom on HP desktop tower: How to open the CD/DVD Rom on the Desktop Tower https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-cddvd-rom-on-hp-desktop-tower/9c7f04b7-6118-4612-9d90-5c246ec7b12e
  4. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  5. dvd/CD rom not reading

dvd/CD rom not reading: operating system : win 10 64 bit dvd/cd rom drives: matshita dvd-ram uj8b0 device status: This device is working properly i uninstalled all antivirus programs still not reading discs i uninstalled and reinstalled still not reading any DVD OR CD I DID SEARCH FOR...
  6. Cannot write to DVD/CD-Rom

Cannot write to DVD/CD-Rom: Running the latest version of Windows 10. Not sure when this occurred as I don't write to the DVD-CD-Rom drive often. I created the DVD as read/write data to be used similar to a flash drive back in 2017.. I can read the files on the drive, but I cannot copy files from the...
  7. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  8. cd/dvd not reading/writing

cd/dvd not reading/writing: I have a hp notebook series 2000 laptop and my computer recognizes drive E as the cd/dvd drive and opens tray and says please insert disc. but when a disc is inserted it still tells me to insert disc. I've tried a few different brands and none of them are registering and...
  9. DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems

DVD/CD-ROM Read Problems: Hi: I have just come across a funny one. I have a program that I wanted to install into my Win 10 Pro Machine (64 Bit) and have found that the disk can not be read by the DVD/CD-ROM Drive. I also tried it in another Windows 10 Computer (64 Bit) and it also can't read...
  10. SuperMulti DVD Burner Plays CD ROM only, HP system

SuperMulti DVD Burner Plays CD ROM only, HP system: Product Name: HP Pavilion p2-1110 PC Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) My Super Multi DVD Burner will only play CDs, now that I upgraded to windows 10. Every time I insert a DVD I get the Windows DVD player, which says "To play something, insert a DVD", &...