Windows 10: HP Desktop with Windows 10 won't boot

Discus and support HP Desktop with Windows 10 won't boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have not been able to boot up my Windows 10 HP desktop and have tried the different recovery methods. I ran the diagnostics and everything passed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimD1965, Jul 22, 2019.

1. TimD1965 Win User

HP Desktop with Windows 10 won't boot

I have not been able to boot up my Windows 10 HP desktop and have tried the different recovery methods. I ran the diagnostics and everything passed. I also did System Recovery and was not able to find any restore points. At one point it asked me if I wanted to do a backup. I plugged in an external hard drive and did the backup. There are about 250 files on the external hard drive and I can open most. Each one appears to be a different folder with most of them being pictures. I can not open them all when I click on them when plugged into another computer. The only option left on the screen is to take Windows 10 back to the factory settings. I am worried that this back up will not be enough as I have not seen this before. If anyone has seen this before, please advise if I should go back to factory settings and then try to get the back up on or if this will not work with the specific way that the Windows Recovery did the backup. I have a full backup but it is older and I want to make sure I am totally up to date. Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

TimD1965, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

I have windows 10 and my printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610. My laptop says it is offline What do I do?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanni...ort-for-Windows-10-won-t-come-up/td-p/5323205

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

HP Desktop with Windows 10 won't boot [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Jul 22, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows

Hi, I searched for
    "how to access bios HP laptop"

HP Notebook PCs - BIOS Setup Information and Menu Options | HP® Customer Support

suggests
    F1 or F10
    Enter Setup at the red Compaq logo or blue HP logo

So when you see the HP logo (or just before) start pressing one of those.

As you can't boot your PC, your only hope of recovery is if you can boot it not from its internal disk, but from something else.

That way you have a chance of running System Restore, or restoring the registry backup. And at least you can see if you can still access the hard disk inside your PC.

Whatever you need to do will, I think, be well outside your comfort zone, so I would strongly suggest you seek help from a friend or relative.

Do you have a bootable flash drive or DVD for Win 10?
    (Your laptop apparently has a DVD drive)
    HP ProBook 6440b (NN230EA) specifications

Please download and burn a DVD for Kyhi's bootable disk available from the top of the Software and Apps section here. This should give you a Win 10 style desktop.

However, to be able to boot from it you probably need to change the boot priority in your BIOS.

dalchina, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. HP Desktop with Windows 10 won't boot - Similar Threads - Desktop won't boot

2. Windows 10 HP Spectre won't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 HP Spectre won't boot into safe mode: I am trying to boot into safe mode, but when I get the options screen for a restart and after it restarts, it's just a blank screen. I cannot get further than that. My PC starts normally, but I would like to get into safe mode. Please help....
  3. Windows 10 HP Spectre won't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 HP Spectre won't boot into safe mode: I am trying to boot into safe mode, but when I get the options screen for a restart and after it restarts, it's just a blank screen. I cannot get further than that. My PC starts normally, but I would like to get into safe mode. Please help....
  4. Windows 10 HP Spectre won't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 won't boot on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't boot on HP laptop: My HP laptop crashed during a video call and I did a hard restart. Following this, I can get to the login screen but after I log in nothing happens - there is just a black screen with a cursor. I've tried:- Pressing F2 and going into the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI menu...
  6. Windows 11 won't boot on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't boot on HP laptop: My HP laptop crashed during a video call and I did a hard restart. Following this, I can get to the login screen but after I log in nothing happens - there is just a black screen with a cursor. I've tried:- Pressing F2 and going into the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI menu...
  7. HP Pavilion pc won't boot in windows 10

HP Pavilion pc won't boot in windows 10: My HP Pavilion pc won't boot into Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-pc-wont-boot-in-windows-10/85a71c10-5b57-44c9-9560-4fcbf280bac4
  8. Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot

Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot: I can get into Safe Mode to see that "a recently installed bat binary is corrupt." When I tried downloading a fresh clean copy of Windows 10 it fails and I see "uninstall latest LCU failed - Error 0X490." Any thoughts?...
  9. My desktop won't boot up in windows 10

My desktop won't boot up in windows 10: My PC keeps restarting once I try to boot up. I have tried multiple ways to get it to work but to no avail. I can boot up in safe mode and all is well, but if I boot up in safe mode with networking I don't have network access. I have gone as far as reformatting my SDD and...
  10. Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?: Hi all, I've got a desktop running Win10 64-bit that fails to boot. It will boot to the "spinning circles" loading screen, but after that finishes I don't get the login screen, just a black screen with no cursor...? The 3 System Restore Points stored on the machine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp desktop wont boot windows 10