Windows 10: hp desktop

Discus and support hp desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can get to login screen then I don't have mouse cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rondickey, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Rondickey Win User

hp desktop

can get to login screen then I don't have mouse cursor

:)

Rondickey, Feb 21, 2020

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 21, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

hp desktop

HP Reinvents the Desktop to Enable New Experiences

HP Inc. today debuted two new PCs, HP Pavilion Wave and HP Elite Slice, that are revolutionizing traditional designs for the home and workplace. HP is transforming the desktop PC to create unique experiences that deliver the power customers expect in small, creative designs. The HP Pavilion Wave is designed for entertainment and productivity for the home by combining desktop power and great audio experiences.

For customers who want a PC that can fit into small places, the new offering is a beautiful and compact design with the power of a full-sized desktop. This unique desktop is built around a fully integrated, advanced audio system to play music, listen to movies, web chats and Cortana. It features an iconic triangular form with an innovative parabolic reflector with an integrated speaker on top of the PC for superb, 360-degree sound to fill a room with crisp audio.

hp desktop 5a_thm.jpg

hp desktop 5b_thm.jpg

hp desktop 5c_thm.jpg

The HP Elite Slice, HP's smallest desktop is a desktop built for communications and collaboration. It is the first modular commercial desktop with cable-less connectivity and enables customers to build the desktop of their choice. This desktop changes the way office space is designed by creating streamlined work environments that boast productivity. Versatility, performance and enterprise-grade security merge to deliver greater productivity and collaboration between employees while transforming the workplace and workstyles.

"Today's desktop customers want sleek, innovative and powerful designs that enable new experiences," said Mike Nash, vice president, customer experience and portfolio strategy, HP Inc. "The HP Pavilion Wave and Elite Slice are the result of HP engineers and designers reinventing the desktop by rethinking its shape, size and look while adding functionality to enable new use cases."

HP Pavilion Wave Designed with Acoustic Capabilities to Power Entertainment and Productivity
    The HP Pavilion Wave naturally sits on top of the desk featuring a compact, space-efficient 360-degree design and is 85 percent smaller than traditional tower PCs at 6.81" x 6.62" x 10.29". The desktop design is built around the central audio system and finished with premium materials including acoustic fabric engineered for room filling sound. A parabolic reflector on top of the PC reflects the sound coming from the speaker grille in parallel from all directions and acts as an outlet vent for hot air to come out. The 360 Degree Multi-Directional Reflective Audio delivers a crisp audio profile at all frequencies and is tuned by B&O Play for amazing sound whether listening to mid, high or low ranges.

The triangular design houses three main zones for components: the motherboard on one side, the hard drive on the second side and thermals on the third side. The thermal design uses heat pipes to extract heat from the motherboard and the graphics card to push out the top of the PC to keep the device running cool.

Other features include:
    • Up to two 4K displays are supported out-of-the-box to power entertainment and productivity.
    • Peripheral support with three USB 3.0 ports, one USB 3.1 Type-C port for data transfer, one HDMI port, one DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet and a microphone/headphone jack.
    • Cortana support with two dual microphones for customers to talk to their PC for a hands-free experience.
    • High-performing power house with up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 quad-core desktop processors, ample storage up to 2 TB HDD, an optional dual drive with 128 GB SSD and up to 16GB of DDR4 system memory.
    • Optional AMD Radeon R9 M470 discrete graphics for photo and video editing or light gaming.
    HP Elite Slice Designed for Business Productivity and Collaboration
    HP Elite Slice is designed to modernize the workplace to cater to the changing workforce and workstyles with new collaboration capabilities. Its modular design features stunning curves in matte black with polished copper accents to streamline workplaces. It allows customers to pick and choose a factory cover or stackable options to add functionality including the Collaboration Cover or Wireless Charging Cover, or stackable modules such as the Audio Module or ODD (Optical Disk Drive) Module for a beautiful PC that is unique to each business and its employees.

The ultra-small, big power form factor is just 6.5" x 1.38" x 6.5" and weighs 2.31 lbs. The cable-less design allows for a clean work environment because customers do not separate cables plugged into the wall to power each component. This is the first commercial desktop powered from a display via only one USB 3.1 Type-C cable with a Type-C compatible display including the optional new Quad HD HP EliteDisplay S240uj Monitor. The display is equipped with integrated wireless charging and USB Type-C to perfectly complement the desktop.

HP Elite Slice versatility is provided by cover and base expansion options. Customers can choose from different covers when configuring the PC and expand the solution at any time with additional modules to create the desktop that best fits their needs:
    • HP Collaboration Cover: turns the desktop into a Microsoft Skype for Business phone for easy call management with capacitive touch keys.
    • HP Wireless Charging Cover: wireless charging starts automatically upon contact to eliminate charging cables and ensure mobile phones and devices are powered, ready for use. The Wireless Charging Cover is expected to start shipping in the first half of 2017 and requires factory configuration.
    • HP Audio Module: spoken word tuning makes virtual meetings and call experiences crisp and clear with audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen, 360 degree speaker design, dual-microphone array with range of five meters and HP Noise Cancellation software.
    • HP ODD Module: for quick and easy back up or to archive files and access legacy content on CDs or DVDs.
    Other features include:
    • An optional touch fingerprint sensor for improved security and easy authentication.
    • HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection, the industry's first self-healing BIOS-level protection.
    • Up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 35-watt processors for the performance to easily handle productivity and collaboration needs.
    • Unique 360-degree dual fan pipe ring keeps the powerful device running cool.
    • Peripheral support for enhanced productivity including one Ethernet port, built-in Wi-Fi module and antennas, one HDMI and one DisplayPort to power multiple displays.
    HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms Built Uniquely for Conference Room Collaboration
    The HP Elite Slice portfolio also includes the new HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms solution, the first conferencing room PC with one-touch meeting start12. This offering helps users get more out of their meetings by having seamless technology to drive immersive conferencing and collaboration experiences with integrated audio and full desktop functionality. HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms combines HP Elite Slice, the HP Collaboration Cover, HP Audio Module and Intel Unite software to create a unique Microsoft Skype for Business conferencing solution making meeting rooms more intuitive and efficient with crisp, clear sound. For a more immersive conference room experience, this configuration can be combined with the new HP LD5511 55-inch Large Format Display, which features 178-degree viewing angles with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. The high brightness and contrast ratio provide excellent picture quality and readability that is perfect for meeting rooms that seat up to 12 people.

Pricing and Availability
    • HP Pavilion Wave starting price is $549.99 and is expected to be available at select retailers and HP.com on September 23, 2016.
    • HP Elite Slice starting price is $699 and is expected to be available in September 2016.
    • HP Audio Module price is $109.
    • HP ODD Module price is $99.
    • HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms starting price is $949 and is expected to be available in September 2016.
    • HP EliteDisplay S240uj Monitor starting price is $429 and is expected to be available in October 2016.
    • HP LD5511 55-inch Large Format Display starting price is $999 and is expected to be available September 2016.

btarunr, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

hp desktop

1. hp desktop - Similar Threads - desktop

2. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  3. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  4. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  5. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  6. Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!: Had a person give me a little hp slimline desktop for free because it keeps crashing at varies times. It will crash within 5 seconds of turning it on, a couple mins, and the longest is about 5 to 10 mins. It just crashes, no error code, no nothing. It has a 256 m.2 that I...
  7. Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!

Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!: Had a person give me a little hp slimline desktop for free because it keeps crashing at varies times. It will crash within 5 seconds of turning it on, a couple mins, and the longest is about 5 to 10 mins. It just crashes, no error code, no nothing. It has a 256 m.2 that I...
  8. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  9. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  10. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...