Windows 10: Hp drive encryption on boot up

Discus and support Hp drive encryption on boot up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, This is my first post. I am seeing help with a Windows 10 Pro EliteBook Folio with a HP Security Drive Encryption on Boot Up. It is asking for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NevisAce, Jan 29, 2021.

1. NevisAce Win User

Hp drive encryption on boot up

Hi All, This is my first post. I am seeing help with a Windows 10 Pro EliteBook Folio with a HP Security Drive Encryption on Boot Up. It is asking for a Password that we do not have, or no one remembers. How to I disable this . I would wish to uninstall it once I could get into the system.

:)

NevisAce, Jan 29, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

HP Drive Encryption - request to uninstall

Hi Michael,

That can be hard to remove . . .

Check in the list of Applications for Security Manager 8.3

That also needs to be removed in order to fully remove HP Drive Encryption

If you still canot remove HP Drive Encryption, click the link to download the installer for HP Drive Encryption, run that, it may have a better uninstaller than the one provided in Windows

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp7...

DaveM121, Jan 29, 2021
  3. HP Drive Encryption - request to uninstall

Hi Dave - Can't find Security Manager 8.3 and tried to install the installer from your link, but it came back with a message to install HP Client Security Manager first! So guess no client security manager present. So now trying the Control Panel trouble
    shooting... need to reboot.

SO thanks for the tips to date!

MichaelRush1, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Hp drive encryption on boot up

HP Drive Encryption - request to uninstall

Hi DaveM121 - Thanks muchly for that tip - I am trying it right now. Amongst the stuff I do remember seeing was a reference to a missing Security Manager 8.3 application - and I have just searched Apps and it was "not found".

Just down loading the uninstaller from the link you gave - will let you know how it goes!

Great response and very helpful - Thanks!

MichaelRush1, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Hp drive encryption on boot up

1. Hp drive encryption on boot up - Similar Threads - drive encryption boot

2. After booting to encrypted drive cannot boot to unencrypted drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After booting to encrypted drive cannot boot to unencrypted drive: I booted to an encrypted drive with my bitlocker Key, to recover a deleted file using recovery software. But, now I can't boot to my unencrypted drive. I tried turning off secure boot, no go. I just get a black screen and a white cursor. I tried removing the encrypted drive,...
  3. After booting to encrypted drive cannot boot to unencrypted drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After booting to encrypted drive cannot boot to unencrypted drive: I booted to an encrypted drive with my bitlocker Key, to recover a deleted file using recovery software. But, now I can't boot to my unencrypted drive. I tried turning off secure boot, no go. I just get a black screen and a white cursor. I tried removing the encrypted drive,...
  4. After booting to encrypted drive cannot boot to unencrypted drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Booting to non encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting to non encrypted drive: I copied my system to a 2TB SSD drive 2 years ago and it worked fine. All my games and Office software is on the 2TB drive. Yesterday, I had to recover deleted files from the old SSD 1TB drive. It asked for the Bitlocker Security Code and once I entered it, the system booted...
  6. Booting to non encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting to non encrypted drive: I copied my system to a 2TB SSD drive 2 years ago and it worked fine. All my games and Office software is on the 2TB drive. Yesterday, I had to recover deleted files from the old SSD 1TB drive. It asked for the Bitlocker Security Code and once I entered it, the system booted...
  7. Booting to non encrypted drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. HP Drive Encryption won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Drive Encryption won't uninstall: I have a HP Pro Desk 400 that I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 but prompted to uninstall HP Drive Encryption. The installer runs and the green progress bar moves all the way to the right then moves back to the left and Status says "rolling back action". I ran a repair and...
  9. Encrypted drive wont boot

Encrypted drive wont boot: So i have hade my main ssd encrypted for a while now using veracrypt but now suddenly it boots me un to windows repair and becose of that the windows repair cant fix the problem becose i cant unecrypt my drive and i dont know how to open the log file ether so plz help me i...
  10. HP Drive Encryption

HP Drive Encryption: I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. When I go through the upgrade process, I am stopped and told I need to uninstall HP Drive Encryption. I have never used this software and my drive is not encrypted. I tried to remove it the traditional way, by...