Windows 10: HP Elite 8300 W10 Shutdown.

Discus and support HP Elite 8300 W10 Shutdown. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This post is referring to a HP Elite 8300. Different computer than what's in my profile I do not know how to change. I just upgraded the system from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by i386, Jan 30, 2021.

1. i386 Win User

HP Elite 8300 W10 Shutdown.

This post is referring to a HP Elite 8300. Different computer than what's in my profile I do not know how to change. I just upgraded the system from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Professional 20H2 I do not know the exact winver it does not really matter it started before updates. So here is the issue. I click the start button then click shut down it logs out and logs back in. It only shuts down if I hold the power button. In power options I changed the option change what pushing power button does to shut down. But it only shuts down if I hold the power button.

Oh just incase someone saids it does matter.

Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746)

Like I said it started before the updates and I also have the latest updates and latest BIOS update.

<edit>

When I said it started before updates I meant it started before updates in Windows 10. In Windows 7 it shut down fine.

:)

2. TechTable Win User

How to Enable WOL on HP Elite 8300 SFF - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Need help with getting WOL to work on HP Elite 8300 SFF Desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS.

BIOS is updated to latest version 2.90. BIOS appears to be configured correctly. If I go into BIOS, verify settings, do save and exit, after system is down, do a soft power off with power button, THEN I can wake up PC using WOL from the management station.
    WOL Works as expected. WOL Works Well.

Once PC is booted into Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS, and PC is shutdown with Windows 10 Pro Start Menu, Power - Shut Down, THEN WOL does not wake up PC. So, appears to be a settings or settings in Windows 10 Pro.

Does any know the proper settings to enable WOL from OS shutdown for this hardware/software config?

PS. I have used GOOGLE search, read a lot of articles, tried many combinations, but none seem to work for me in this environment. Is very frustrating in having to deal with this..

WOL used to work well with Windows. I have HP Elite 8000 SFF Desktops with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS and WOL works. I am unable to find the difference in Windows Settings between the 8000 and the 8300.

The difference is the 8000 was original running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and were inplace upgraded to Windows 10 using Microsoft's new (at the time) policy. The HP 8300 is a new, fresh, install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on a new large hard drive.

Thanks for your help.

TechTable, Jan 30, 2021
  3. rk3066 Win User
    HP Elite 8300 Ultra-Slim Desktop Plan

Hi,

So this Morning I got to browsing and came upon a HP Elite 8300 Ultra-Slim Desktop with a MXM Slot to Add a Graphics Card! Mainly those slots are meant for Laptops but HP found a way.

I plan to just buy the MB and have my Friend create a case for it and buy a MXM Card later on

rk3066, Jan 30, 2021
  4. HP Elite 8300 W10 Shutdown.

Is Windows-10 is preventing we from using Windows-7 on my PC?

HP Compaq Elite 8300 Convertible Minitower PC

I will try what you suggested and report back.

Mike Lynch, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

HP Elite 8300 W10 Shutdown.

1. HP Elite 8300 W10 Shutdown. - Similar Threads - Elite 8300 W10

2. i factory reset my HP Compaq Elite 8300 touchscreen pc and when it was done my audio didnt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i factory reset my HP Compaq Elite 8300 touchscreen pc and when it was done my audio didnt...: please help me with this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-hp-compaq-elite-8300/4be85e13-1c2e-4c21-98a2-1994585a7188
  3. i factory reset my HP Compaq Elite 8300 touchscreen pc and when it was done my audio didnt...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i factory reset my HP Compaq Elite 8300 touchscreen pc and when it was done my audio didnt...: please help me with this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-hp-compaq-elite-8300/4be85e13-1c2e-4c21-98a2-1994585a7188
  4. i factory reset my HP Compaq Elite 8300 touchscreen pc and when it was done my audio didnt...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Elite hp keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Elite hp keeps restarting: Elitebook 8460p will turn on but will show the windows Logo and just restart over and over .What can be done at this point,can it be fixed ,is it worth fixing, please help and keep in mind I'm computer illiterate so please be patient or speak in layman's turns...
  6. Windows 10 install problems on HP 8300

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install problems on HP 8300: I had a previous post about creating a Windows 10 flash drive for install. That was solved. Possible to install Windows 10 without Windows 10 PC? However on five tries to install, the install screen keeps coming back. I've tried with and without entering the activation key....
  7. Clean virgin install of Win10pro64 on a "clean", Refurbished HP 8300 Elite.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean virgin install of Win10pro64 on a "clean", Refurbished HP 8300 Elite.: Can this be accomplished..?? I ask because I have one I just bought, but I'm stumped at the EULA, which returns "OOBEREGION" for my selected Region of US, also "OOBEKEYBOARD" for my Keyboard selection and finally "OOBEEULA" for the final EULA acceptance, which as these...
  8. hp 8200 elite SFF

hp 8200 elite SFF: ok I really need help I went to owner rights made me owner and when I restarted my board is not recognizing windows or the drive how can this be fixed im feeling very stupid please help...
  9. How to Enable WOL on HP Elite 8300 SFF - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Enable WOL on HP Elite 8300 SFF - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit: Need help with getting WOL to work on HP Elite 8300 SFF Desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS. BIOS is updated to latest version 2.90. BIOS appears to be configured correctly. If I go into BIOS, verify settings, do save and exit, after system is down, do a soft power...
  10. Hp elite book

Hp elite book: my hp elite book keeps shutting down since i updated it last week it goes to a blue screen with a box on it that you could scan with your phone if you have the right app. no error codes does any one know what app to use or know of a fix. ive all so had sound problems were ive...