Windows 10: HP Elite Desk BSOD prevents using Safe Mode

Discus and support HP Elite Desk BSOD prevents using Safe Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am unable to get my 800 G1 Tower- Intel Quad Core i7 4770 3.4GHz to do a new Windows install from a USB drive I created following MS instructions. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeanarnold2, Jul 8, 2018.

1. HP Elite Desk BSOD prevents using Safe Mode

I am unable to get my 800 G1 Tower- Intel Quad Core i7 4770 3.4GHz to do a new Windows install from a USB drive I created following MS instructions. It does a BSOD or becomes unresponsive when I attempt to do a winre function. I'm unable to get to any SAFE Mode or get it to perform any resets. How can I enable SAFE Mode or get to a command prompt that will function? Most of the BSOD are Kernel Secure Mode Trap or Driver Verification Failure. Have tried several keys - F1, F2, F11, Delete, and space bar at power up with no success. Also attempted several hard shutdowns and bootups but could not force safe mode.

:)

jeanarnold2, Jul 8, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

HP Elite Desk BSOD prevents using Safe Mode

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

HP Elite Desk BSOD prevents using Safe Mode

1. HP Elite Desk BSOD prevents using Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Elite Desk BSOD

2. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  3. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  4. Bsod and safe mode issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod and safe mode issue: I am no longer able to boot normally due to BSOD showing System_Service_Exception. I have read this is a driver issue so I have booted into safe mode with networking. However there is no internet access even in this mode. I have run multiple sfc with admin command prompt. It...
  5. BSOD + Blue Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD + Blue Safe Mode: I have been having problems with my computer for the last few months, but only recently had enough time to try and fix it.So far, I have had the following messages on my BSODs:-Memory Management-Kernel Security Check Failure-Store ? Data Structure Corruption-IRQ Not Less Or...
  6. Safe Mode as a remedy for BSOD ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode as a remedy for BSOD ?: On half a dozen occasions when my PC booted to a BSOD, if I was given the chance to boot to Safe Mode, the fault would autocorrect. I'd like a better understanding of what might have happened. Can anyone explain ?...
  7. BSOD but ok in safe mode

BSOD but ok in safe mode: why dose my pc crash to bsod with no error code but in safe mode its ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-but-ok-in-safe-mode/959f6313-9d8e-4578-b45e-2b281a664991
  8. HP Desk top

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Desk top: Hello, The sound on my pc was working fine a week ago and all of the sudden it stopped. Can you please help me fix this problem? Thank you so much for your time. This is making me crazy I checked all my wires and all good. Checked the volumes everything seems to be...
  9. Preventing Access to Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preventing Access to Safe Mode: Problem: K9 Web Protection software is disabled when loading in Safe Mode, allowing unfettered access to the internet in Safe Mode. Tried: Installing K9 both normally, and in Safe Mode (appeared that future loading in Safe Mode removed the k9 installation). Manually added...
  10. Hp elite book

Hp elite book: my hp elite book keeps shutting down since i updated it last week it goes to a blue screen with a box on it that you could scan with your phone if you have the right app. no error codes does any one know what app to use or know of a fix. ive all so had sound problems were ive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to start in safe mode elite desk 800 g2