Windows 10: HP Elitebook 8460p display problems

Discus and support HP Elitebook 8460p display problems in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, I am in need of some advice. I am trying to get my HP EliteBook 8460p into a state ready to go to a new home (fresh Windows install, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by madmart12, Apr 27, 2020.

1. madmart12 Win User

HP Elitebook 8460p display problems

Hi all, I am in need of some advice.

I am trying to get my HP EliteBook 8460p into a state ready to go to a new home (fresh Windows install, the works) but I have run into a strange issue; every time I reboot, the display does not display the welcome screen for login until I press the power button twice. A similar issue has arisen during attempts to install updated display drivers for the Radeon HD 6470M adapter, in which the screen does the flicker while the display adapter is reinitialised, but when the screen comes back on, it is incredibly dark and barely visible until I do the aforementioned power button double-tap.

I have never had this issue before on this laptop (there is a similar but less annoying issue on my current laptop, a HP Pavilion DV7 that I *think* has been solved) and I have had to reinstall Windows in the past - the only thing different between now and then is that I now have a 512GB SSD installed as opposed to a traditional HDD. If anyone can give me some idea of what the bloody blue hell is going on, it would be greatly appreciated.

Mart

For the record, the EliteBook is running Windows 10 Ver 1909, build 18363.778

:)

madmart12, Apr 27, 2020

2. Hp elitebook 8460p not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the PC crashes and the programs are not working smoothly.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

We were checking the Elite Book 8460P
    model on the HP website and seems that the hardware drivers are tested to run on Windows 8.1 operating systems and lower version.

If you are running Windows 10 on the HP Elite Book 8460P, then it requires updated Hardware drivers (BIOS, display, chipset, network device) to run on Windows 10. In this case, we would suggest you to
    contact HP support team for the updated driver.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Also, put the PC in software clean boot and check, refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 27, 2020
  3. HP Elitebook webcam problem

Hp Elitebook 8460p installed webcam does not work with Skype. It does work with youcam and camera apps. I have windows 10 1607 installed on this PC. Skype detects the webcam but shows a circling blank screen, not video of me or the room I am in. Do you
    have a suggestion/solution?

SylviaHanneken, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Tellis41 Win User

Hp 8460p Elitebook and windows 10 compatibility fix

I would prefer to keep windows 10 on my Hp 8460p. Can someone post a list of drivers or other items ( preferably free ) to resolve the Hp 8460p + windows 10 compatibility issue. The RealTek IDT audio with low enternal speak volume is the main issue.
    Thanks KB

Tellis41, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Elitebook 8460p display problems - Similar Threads - Elitebook 8460p display

2. Hp Elitebook Glitching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp Elitebook Glitching: My Hp Elitebook keep glitching for no reason. I got it fixed but it happens again and again. Is there anything I can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-elitebook-glitching/8eeb4752-c45c-4a88-9642-25e3c91e9820
  3. Hp Elitebook Glitching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp Elitebook Glitching: My Hp Elitebook keep glitching for no reason. I got it fixed but it happens again and again. Is there anything I can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-elitebook-glitching/8eeb4752-c45c-4a88-9642-25e3c91e9820
  4. I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no...: I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no beeps when i turn it on!!!what might be the problem and the solution?...
  5. I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no...: I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no beeps when i turn it on!!!what might be the problem and the solution?...
  6. I woke up this morning and my hp elitebook 8460p laptop won't turn on ,no noise fan and no...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Bluetooth Issue on Elitebook 8460p

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Issue on Elitebook 8460p: Hello MC Forum, Please be informed that I have an issue with bluetooth on my laptop Elitebook 8460p Windows 10. I tried to Show Hidden Devices on Device Manager and I Searched for the Bluetooth device but invain. I will be grateful for your support. Thanks in...
  8. Hp elitebook 8460p not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp elitebook 8460p not working: Hello. I have a hp elitebook 8460p, secondhand rebuilt i5 processor. I bought it 1 year ago in October. The performance has amazing for about 9 months then it started to become slow, I reset windows and it's been perfectly fine since then. About 2 weeks ago, I loaded it up...
  9. Just updated my HP elitebook 8460P to Windows 10 pro build 1703

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Just updated my HP elitebook 8460P to Windows 10 pro build 1703: I just upgraded my HP Elitebook 8460p to Windows 10 pro build 1703 on Friday night. It has a 7200 rpm 320GB hdd and 6gb of ram and is a 2.30 GHZ i5 processor. Wondering now if I should change out the hdd to a 160gb ssd drive and wondering if it will make much improvements to...
  10. Horrible problems with Win10 on HP EliteBook 2570p

in Windows 10 Support
    Horrible problems with Win10 on HP EliteBook 2570p: I made a thorough description of my case in "freezes randomly" thread, as the freezing is the leading problem in my laptop. Just not to get lost in that very long thread, I am opening "my" thread *Wink Maybe someone has some hints (thank you JW0914 for the ones already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hp elite book 8460p coming on but no display what wrong