Windows 10: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 will not Netboot but will boot from SDD.

Discus and support HP EliteDesk 800 G4 will not Netboot but will boot from SDD. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am working with a EliteDesk 800 G4. I know this topic could probably be under either the Networking tab, or even the BIOS section. But I wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jc351226, Jun 20, 2019.

1. jc351226 Win User

HP EliteDesk 800 G4 will not Netboot but will boot from SDD.

Hi, I am working with a EliteDesk 800 G4. I know this topic could probably be under either the Networking tab, or even the BIOS section. But I wasn't sure. Please redirect if needed. I am trying to netboot into a clone-deploy server that I have in place so that I can save this image that I have made and redistribute the image to some other machines that are the same model. I have set my image up how I want it. I have sysprepped it and generalized it. BIOS has been updated and all drivers are up to date. NIC seems to be operational as that i can access the internet and I have blinking lights on the port. I have taken an older machine and a laptop using the same cable and everything and can access me clone-deploy server fine. I have gone through the BIOS configuration and tried different variations and still no success. In BIOS, I will go down to the F12 option for PXE and it pops up a screen saying it is trying to use ipv4 for booting. After a minute or so, it reverts back to the BIOS menu. If anyone can help me or point me in the right direction, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you again

:)

jc351226, Jun 20, 2019
  2. nendy Win User

sound works only when screen in sleep mode on new hp elitedesk 800 G3

whatever basic speaker i have is sufficient. i just need to be able to control it, and it should not work just in sleep mode. this is what i see
    HP EliteDesk 800 G4 will not Netboot but will boot from SDD. [​IMG]

HP EliteDesk 800 G4 will not Netboot but will boot from SDD. [​IMG]

there are actually 2 sound possibilities - one from the display (HP N270c Display Audio) and the other i guess from the desktop - speaker (Conextant HD Audio).
    Thanks!

nendy, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1803 HP EliteDesk 800 graphics

is anyone else having problems with screens freezing on HP Elitedesk 800's G1, G2 and G3. We have upgraded a whole site and in particular these device types are having regular issues. freezing and Black screening.

Thanks

RobertNorman2, Jun 20, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

sound works only when screen in sleep mode on new hp elitedesk 800 G3

Open device manager > click view > show hidden devices > manually expand all rows > look for any row displaying a yellow triangle with black exclamation mark or unknown device > post an image into the thread

Look in each:
    Audio inputs and outputs
    Sound, video and game controllers
    for Conexant High Definition Audio Driver.
    If this is not yet installed then download and install:
    Driver - HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Small Form Factor PC | HP® Customer Support

Download and Install HP UEFI diagnostics Windows (right upper area of this link):
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

Launch the application > click component tests > check audio playback > run the test (it may take a few minutes to play) > report the results into the thread

Run the system extensive test overnight.

zbook, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. HP EliteDesk 800 G4 will not Netboot but will boot from SDD. - Similar Threads - EliteDesk 800 Netboot

2. HP elitedesk 800 g3 35w win10x64 sleep mode problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP elitedesk 800 g3 35w win10x64 sleep mode problems: Hello,I have a small annoying issue with my fathers pc . Every third time pc goes to sleep it either reboots or switches off. I've installed all possible updates win10, bios and drivers but still no improvement. I've also tried to disable hybrid mode in power setting, as well...
  3. HP elitedesk 800 g3 35w win10x64 sleep mode problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP elitedesk 800 g3 35w win10x64 sleep mode problems: Hello,I have a small annoying issue with my fathers pc . Every third time pc goes to sleep it either reboots or switches off. I've installed all possible updates win10, bios and drivers but still no improvement. I've also tried to disable hybrid mode in power setting, as well...
  4. HP elitedesk 800 g3 35w win10x64 sleep mode problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound Trouble With Elitedesk 800 G5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Trouble With Elitedesk 800 G5: Hi. We have just bought a HP Eliteone 800 G5 Desktop Mini. When it was first connected up used we had no trouble with it at all. The next day we turned it on there was the sound coming from the desktop. This never happened the first day. With the sound coming from the desktop...
  6. HP elitedesk g3 800 mini got locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP elitedesk g3 800 mini got locked: So my brother bought a mini pc online and gave it to me. After some time it automatically restarts and locks up upon restart with white screen saying: HP Elitedesk g3 800 mini suddenly appearls a popup white window like notepad and having only two lines saying "Your system...
  7. I just bought an HP Elitedesk 800 G2 SFF and the primary harddrive is a Seagate 1TB...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I just bought an HP Elitedesk 800 G2 SFF and the primary harddrive is a Seagate 1TB...: I am trying to get Windows 10 to recognize that my Seagate hard drive has 1TB of space but the C:\ drive says it only has 55.3gb. The driver for the hardrive has a device not migrated error which says: Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_ST1000DM&Prod_003-1CH162\4&9e7ffd&0&010000 was not...
  8. Adjusting Intel video Card settings on my HP EliteDesk 800 G3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjusting Intel video Card settings on my HP EliteDesk 800 G3: When I used to right click on a blank area of my home page, the menu would give me the intel video option, now it doesn't, how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjusting-intel-video-card-settings-on-my-hp/2a8c57d9-38ec-43bd-b85b-3018ee1dc180
  9. sound works only when screen in sleep mode on new hp elitedesk 800 G3

in Windows 10 Support
    sound works only when screen in sleep mode on new hp elitedesk 800 G3: hello, I have a new hp elitedesk 800 g3 and hp n270 monitor, no external speakers. I have no sound and was told that I need to purchase external speakers. but suddenly I hear sound coming from my machine while in sleep mode: a youtube lecture that I had open in a tab...
  10. Windows 10 1803 HP EliteDesk 800 graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1803 HP EliteDesk 800 graphics: is anyone else having problems with screens freezing on HP Elitedesk 800's G1, G2 and G3. We have upgraded a whole site and in particular these device types are having regular issues. freezing and Black screening. Thanks...