Windows 10: HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem

Discus and support HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 home on my laptop and my cd/dvd burner cant update or work and HP are not helpful and I have unistlled it and reinstalled it with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScottPriestley2, Feb 23, 2020.

1. HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem

I have Windows 10 home on my laptop and my cd/dvd burner cant update or work and HP are not helpful and I have unistlled it and reinstalled it with the same problem every time

HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem 4f5929ed-4ce1-4fd2-a84e-ad981dbe6daf?upload=true.jpg

:)

ScottPriestley2, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 23, 2020
  3. HP DVD burner

a got 50 double layer dvd+r, 50 dvd -r, 50 dvd+5 cd+rw. all of them is blacnk disc and my dvd burner can't read one of them. but when i take one of those dics and burn it with a dvd burner on my laptop, then put it back to my desktop, then the hp dvd can read it. i also can erase it and burn dvd-rw, cd-rw too. it just can't read a new blank disc.

mrthanhnguyen, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem

1. HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem - Similar Threads - envy dvd burner

2. cd burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd burner: My windows 10 reads but does not write a cd /dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-burner/bf0d6438-7208-4e57-a0e7-59a356a47a9a
  3. Missing CD/DVD Burner

Missing CD/DVD Burner: I have a Dell Precision Workstation M4800 This Workstation has an internal CD/DVD RW Drive as follow: H.L Data Storage Super Multi DVD Writer Model: GS40N HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS40N Until fairly recently I have been able to Create a System Repair Disc by using this drive and...
  4. CD/DVD Burner

CD/DVD Burner: I am trying to burn audio files to a CD and I get the following response - "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the...
  5. CD Burner

CD Burner: I had Error Message 0xCOAA0301 trying to burn a CD can any one help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-burner/126e36ee-1be9-4da4-96ea-8e6ee8acb713
  6. CD Burner

CD Burner: I Can not get the Media Player to Burn a CD any Ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-burner/ae6b3545-ba95-4993-8ef5-bb0a4c75ebaf
  7. my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks: I was using my cd/dvd burner yesterday and it worked perfectly. I went to use the cd/dvd burner today and all it would do is act like it was only reading the disk and the disk is empty nothing is on it what can I do to solve this problem any help would be greatly appreciated...
  8. CD/DVD burner problems

CD/DVD burner problems: Since downloading Windows 10 the burner on my desktop will not burn MP 4 files from Windows Media Player (there could be others) I have read where files from Windows Media Player will only burn if they are, WMA; MP3; JPEG; & WMV. Why is this, I have not had this problem...
  9. SuperMulti DVD Burner Plays CD ROM only, HP system

SuperMulti DVD Burner Plays CD ROM only, HP system: Product Name: HP Pavilion p2-1110 PC Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) My Super Multi DVD Burner will only play CDs, now that I upgraded to windows 10. Every time I insert a DVD I get the Windows DVD player, which says "To play something, insert a DVD", &...
  10. lost Lite-on CD/DVD burner suddenly

lost Lite-on CD/DVD burner suddenly: My CD/DVD burner disappeared from the File Explorer, Device Manager, and Computer management two days ago. Today I found it in the device manager by looking under "hidden devices". Following instructions from the Microsoft site I uninstalled the driver and restarted the...