Windows 10: HP Envy 17-ch0xxx doesn't wake up from sleep mode

Discus and support HP Envy 17-ch0xxx doesn't wake up from sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,I bought my new laptop a couple days ago and right from Day 1 I've had issues with it not waking up after going into sleep and also when just the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CinnamonRollJava, May 10, 2021.

1. HP Envy 17-ch0xxx doesn't wake up from sleep mode

Hi,I bought my new laptop a couple days ago and right from Day 1 I've had issues with it not waking up after going into sleep and also when just the screen turns off. I've tried everything I could find and the only thing that actually "wakes it up" is hard resetting my computer, which I know isn't good for it. When its in sleep mode, I shake my mouse, tap the power button a few times, press keys on the keyboard... I even tried resetting the graphics card as one thing suggested. Please, I just got this computer. When it works, its waaaay better than my old laptop. I don't want to have to r

:)

CinnamonRollJava, May 10, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If the computer does not wake from sleep or hibernate mode, restarting the computer, changing settings, or updating the software and drivers will resolve the issue.

Method 1: Hybrid sleep.

If your system has a lag or delay before sleeping try to
    disable Hybrid Sleep to see the sleep performance is improved.

• Go to Search window and type
      Control Panel > select System and Maintenance option > click on
      Power options to run the applet.
    • Click on Change plan settings under the active selected power plan.
    • On the Change settings for the plan option, click on
      Change advanced power settings. On the Advanced settings tab of Power Options, expand
      Sleep and then expand Allow hybrid sleep option. Select
      Off from the drop down list as the value for the options available.
    • Click on OK option and click on
      Save changes option.

As per the query, I also suggest you to refer the HP article provided below and check if it resolves the issue by following each step:
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 10, 2021
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 10, 2021
  4. itspr2u Win User

HP Envy 17-ch0xxx doesn't wake up from sleep mode

HP Envy goes to sleep & will not wake up requiring hard reboot

How do i view solution for this post???

"Every since upgrading to Windows 10 yesterday, my laptop has been having issues with waking up from sleep mode. I currently have an HP ENVY x360. The power button does absolutely nothing anymore, and
    the screen remains black. The keyboard doesn't wake the laptop up either. This issue occurs with and without being plugged in. The only way to wake the laptop back up is by performing a hard reset every time. PLEASE HELP!"

Rick

itspr2u, May 10, 2021
Thema:

HP Envy 17-ch0xxx doesn't wake up from sleep mode

1. HP Envy 17-ch0xxx doesn't wake up from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Envy ch0xxx doesn't

2. My laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode: I am facing issue as my laptop go to sleep mode then it freezes. Keyboard and mouse doesn't work to awake it. I have to shut down it and restart it. All YouTube tips and tricks are tried and failed. Also installed window several time but all in vain. Does any one has the...
  3. My laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode: I am facing issue as my laptop go to sleep mode then it freezes. Keyboard and mouse doesn't work to awake it. I have to shut down it and restart it. All YouTube tips and tricks are tried and failed. Also installed window several time but all in vain. Does any one has the...
  4. My laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode

My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode: This has been going on for a few days where I'll use the start menu to put my computer into sleep mode, but I then can't wake it up. I press the power button to wake it up, nothing happens. I try to use my mouse and keyboard, they don't respond despite having them set to be...
  6. My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode: This has been going on for a few days where I'll use the start menu to put my computer into sleep mode, but I then can't wake it up. I press the power button to wake it up, nothing happens. I try to use my mouse and keyboard, they don't respond despite having them set to be...
  7. My computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. HP Probook doesn't wake up from sleep

HP Probook doesn't wake up from sleep: I have to keep rebooting it to open again. What's wrong with sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-probook-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep/f27345ca-48b0-4278-b0ff-e462a4f426d7
  9. my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode: I use windows 10 and my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/e0dc48ea-e7df-4ef1-b66d-d94b10cd7d67
  10. HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues

HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues: I recently re-installed this laptop with a fresh copy of Windows 10, and ever since, it is having sleep issues. (It worked fine prior) Right after boot up, it will go to sleep fine (power light starts flashing on/off, and I can wake with keyboard and trackpad) However after...