Windows 10: HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues

Discus and support HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently re-installed this laptop with a fresh copy of Windows 10, and ever since, it is having sleep issues. (It worked fine prior) Right after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jeroen van der Maat, Nov 23, 2018.

1. HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues

I recently re-installed this laptop with a fresh copy of Windows 10, and ever since, it is having sleep issues. (It worked fine prior)

Right after boot up, it will go to sleep fine (power light starts flashing on/off, and I can wake with keyboard and trackpad)

However after working on it for a while (hours), when I close the lid or select sleep from the start menu, the display will go black, but the power light stays on, and even after an extended period of time (24 hours), the laptop is still warm to the touch as if the CPU is being used. Only way to recover from that is holding the power button for 5 seconds. Event log shows no entry for going to sleep or anything. Just an entry for unexpected shut down.

All the official drivers from HP are from 2015, but I pulled the latest Intel wireless network driver (18.33.12.2), and latest Graphics drivers (Intel 20.19.15.5058 and NVIDIA 24.21.13.9836 (398.36))

The issue is both with and CsEnbled set to 0 and 1 (in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power)

Laptop:

System SKU G0U27AV

BIOS: F.56 Rev.A

Windows Home

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Any help pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.

:)

Jeroen van der Maat, Nov 23, 2018

2. HP envy 17-k206na NO INTERNET

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

I suggest you to download Wifi drivers from the below link:

HP ENVY Notebook - 17-k206na (ENERGY STAR) - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Also follow the below link to troubleshoot with the issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-get-online

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Advise for HP envy 17 30 3090NR

I've just bought HP envy 17 30 3090NR.

suggest me best app for this laptop..

1. best codec

2. best movie player for 3d as well as 2d pictures

3. best antivirus (norton is installed by default rightnow - shd i keep it or uninstall and buy new one)

4. any other suggestions.. ms office 2007/10/other??

5. shd i keep power plugged in always or use only on battery? when i'm using laptop, if i keep plugged in all the time, will it harm/overcharging? i just wanna ask how to maintain battery life..

6. shd i keep windows update on and update regularly?

7. any accesory i must buy? like cover or any other thing?

plz answer above questions..

thx..

freebird_9924, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues

1. HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues - Similar Threads - ENVY k000 sleep

2. New HP Envy 17 Display Has Yellow Tint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New HP Envy 17 Display Has Yellow Tint: My new laptop has a yellow tint. I've tried adjusting every possible display option, but nothing changes. The night light isn't on so I know that's not the issue....
  3. HP Envy 17-ch0xxx doesn't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Envy 17-ch0xxx doesn't wake up from sleep mode: Hi,I bought my new laptop a couple days ago and right from Day 1 I've had issues with it not waking up after going into sleep and also when just the screen turns off. I've tried everything I could find and the only thing that actually "wakes it up" is hard resetting my...
  4. No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch: I have an hp envy 17" touch, bought in 2017. I also have a much older beat up hp laptop, that I needed files from. I turned it on. It fired right up, but wouldn't respond to anythingtouchpad, keys, etc., no matter how long I waited, or several restarts. I needed the files,...
  5. Function keys are inverted on HP Envy 17 j177nr

in Windows 10 Support
    Function keys are inverted on HP Envy 17 j177nr: I am having an issue with my HP Envy 17 j177nr laptop where when I try to use F1 - F12, it only toggles the action rather than the F key itself. For example, F3 adjusts the brightness rather than doing the intended thing that F3 is supposed to trigger. In order for me to use...
  6. Camera Issues HP Envy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Issues HP Envy: My device cant locate the camera. it has been working fine for the past 2 months, and now the camera stopped working and isn't listed under devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-issues-hp-envy/705b78dd-9b2c-4a76-8766-5d94d514fc68
  7. HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem

HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem: I have Windows 10 home on my laptop and my cd/dvd burner cant update or work and HP are not helpful and I have unistlled it and reinstalled it with the same problem every time [ATTACH]...
  8. Sound issue HP Envy

Sound issue HP Envy: I am experiencing a rather inconvenient and annoying problem with my HP Envy machine. Almost every time it goes to sleep, when I wake it up, the sound doesn't work. When I restart, it works just fine. But it's inconvenient to have to restart my computer every time. This used...
  9. Issues HP Envy 4500

Issues HP Envy 4500: Issues HP Envy 4500 with my pc Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-hp-envy-4500/043c58b3-2f87-4134-ac72-18a3d82dc9a9
  10. Windows 10 Updates failing on HP ENVY-17

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates failing on HP ENVY-17: Hi, ALL attempts to install up-to-date windows 10 on a Laptop HP ENVY-17 have failed! The original windows have been working till Version 1709 Build 16299.611. From then each time the updates were applied automatically after download it failed to restart properly and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy 17 sleep problems

2. hp envy 17-k206na not charging