Windows 10: HP Envy 20 Black Screen On Startup

Discus and support HP Envy 20 Black Screen On Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On Friday, I updated my HP Envy 20 to Windows 10. Once the update was finished my computer started up fine, however, my antivirus software (AVG) said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by murrayme89, Aug 10, 2015.

1. HP Envy 20 Black Screen On Startup

On Friday, I updated my HP Envy 20 to Windows 10. Once the update was finished my computer started up fine, however, my antivirus software (AVG) said there was an update and I needed to restart. I did so and after the restart and HP logo screen I had a black, but luminescent screen. After a maybe ten minutes of the screen staying like this, I held the power button down to turn the computer off and then restarted it with no problems. I turned it off Friday night normally and it ran normally all day Saturday. Sunday when I turned the computer on the power light came on and I could hear the fans turn on, but the screen remained black. Just black, not even a luminescent black like when I did the antivirus restart. I tried a hard restart like before but nothing changed. I left the computer on like that for around an hour and nothing changed. Figuring it was maybe a heat issue, I opened up the case and dusted the fan and the heat sink but the problem remains. I posted this problem on the HP support board a few days ago and have heard nothing. Any suggestions on what's next?

:)

murrayme89, Aug 10, 2015

2. black screen

I have a hp envy 20 touch smart with windows 10 it worked great before an Intel update on 10/12-15. Now I have a black screen. Mouse and key board not working. Please help

willsommers, Aug 10, 2015
  3. vlr2151 Win User
    How do you change the back light in an HP envy 20 touch smart all in one?

Original Title:

i have a HP envy 20 touch smart all in one do10 the screen is black but everything is working check memory that is fine how do you change the back light and where could i get one can anyone help me please

vlr2151, Aug 10, 2015
  4. robgr Win User

HP Envy 20 Black Screen On Startup

I last night saw a similar issue on my son's Lenovo B50-30 which I'd recently upgraded to Win10
    It appears to be a brightness issue (try turning up the brightness) but bizarrely the brightness up & down hot keys were reversed!!
    I've got a gut feeling it'll be related to display drivers but as this was late last night I've not yet given it any time
    I'll look this week (perhaps tonight) and will report back if I resolve it

robgr, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Thanks for the response, robgr, but I think we have seperate issues. My HP is an all in one and there are no buttons to adjust the brightness on the physical unit.

At least I hope we have seperate issue, haha.

murrayme89, Aug 10, 2015
  6. robgr Win User
  7. robgr Win User
    I just ran the torubleshooter but did need to reboot

robgr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

HP Envy 20 Black Screen On Startup

1. HP Envy 20 Black Screen On Startup - Similar Threads - Envy Black Screen

2. HP envy boots to bios on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP envy boots to bios on startup: My laptop HP Envy recently began to boot to Bios on startup. My drivers are up to date and have made no hardware or software changes. I don't see a failed update. When it boots to bios it will not initially let me access the menu only has a box with save changes yes no. It...
  3. HP envy boots to bios on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP envy boots to bios on startup: My laptop HP Envy recently began to boot to Bios on startup. My drivers are up to date and have made no hardware or software changes. I don't see a failed update. When it boots to bios it will not initially let me access the menu only has a box with save changes yes no. It...
  4. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Whenever I login to my pc, things like discord and steam run on start, and then after about 30 seconds, the screen goes black, and the only way I can get it back to normal is by using the record video shortcut with the Radeon program that came with my GPU submitted by...
  5. Black screen on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on startup.: This isn't a major problem, but a minor nuisance. When I restart my laptop not including fast startups or waking from sleep mode there's a black screen that appears after the Windows logo. The only way to bypass it is by closing and reopening my laptop. I think on the black...
  6. Black Screen On Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen On Startup: When I turn on the computer it opens the forst boot-up screen/splash screen but then goes black. I can't see nor access anything. I've tried system restores and resets but still black....
  7. HP ENVY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP ENVY: Camera app is not working error message not attached, ive never had a problem with it until today cannot find under device manager! Also my voice recorder app is not working, I can hear music just fine but when I try to record my voice nothing is going through. I have tried...
  8. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Idk how this happened, but my pc is fucked. Updated it last night. After the update, I didn't bother using it cuz I wanted to sleep. I used the 'update and shutdown' button from start. Then, this morning, my pc decided to remove the update and then after that I tried using...
  9. My HP Envy printer is not printing in black ink.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My HP Envy printer is not printing in black ink.: My HP Envy 5530 printer is not printing in black ink. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-envy-printer-is-not-printing-in-black-ink/aed18bd1-cb10-4fff-bcd5-91a37eac1f99
  10. HP Startup Black Screen - Strange behaviour!

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Startup Black Screen - Strange behaviour!: This morning my laptop stopped working. When loading what appears is just a black screen. Nothing more. The last thing I did on my pc was watching a film and I didn't download or install anything. I tried to make sure that the screen isn't broken by plugging it to a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP ENVY 17.3 BLACK SCREEN AFTER RESTART