Windows 10: HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Discus and support HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't use my printer after I upgraded to Windows 10. My HP Envy 5530 printer is not shown in the printers and drivers in my control panel. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristineL, Dec 7, 2015.

1. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

I can't use my printer after I upgraded to Windows 10. My HP Envy 5530 printer is not shown in the printers and drivers in my control panel. I tried to add my printer in the control panel. It searched the network for my printer and they found it. I click on my HP printer on the screen so it can be installed, but after I click on my printer I get an error screen. I tried to disable my firewall and I still could not get my printer installed. I downloaded the latest update of the printer software and it won't let me install it. I uninstalled my printer software and it won't let me install the downloaded software. I tried using the HP Print and Scan Dr on my computer and it hasn't offered any help. I've only gotten troubleshooting for trying to fix a printer with a wire connection. My printer is a wireless connection they don't offer any troubleshooting for a wireless printer. I don't know what to do so I can actually use my printer again. I can't find a solution by searching online. How can I get my computer to install the printer software?

:)

ChristineL, Dec 7, 2015
  2. trbogt Win User

Printing from my laptop

Hi....Remove the printer and Un-install all driver and software.

Restart computer re-install/connect Printer.... then see if Windows recognizes it.... if you have to ... Install the driver and software for the printer.

Do you have an installation disk?... if not then download the upgraded software and driver from the

HP Site for Envy 5530.

*john

trbogt, Dec 7, 2015
  3. aakkam22 Win User
    HP Envy 5530 scanner not working

Some tips:

• When trying to scan from a computer, what is displayed on the printer?

• Try making a copy of something from the printer itself. If that doesn't work, then the problem is with the printer itself. Contact HP Support for that. However, if it works, then it is a software issue.

• Does the support guide for your printer have any instructions on resetting the printer, such as unplugging it?

See this thread on the HP Support Forums:

HP Envy 5530 will not scan - HP Support Forum

aakkam22, Dec 7, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Hi ChristineL, welcome to Ten Forums. Try this using this tutorial from the tutorial forum to unblock the file. You should be able to find it again in the downloads folder. Unblock File in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums . Then after the file is unblocked you can run setup.

JohnC, Dec 8, 2015
  5. Where do I find the file to unblock? I found the software download file and clicked on properties. In the tutorial it says to check "unblock" in the general tab. There is no unblock checkbox to check in the general tab/properties screen. Is there a different file that I need to try to unblock instead of the software download?

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  6. I can download the software and I see that is says "extracting files" as it tries to install the printer software, but then after a few minutes of it trying to install I get an error message that says, "The printer was unable to be installed over the network." How else can I install my printer software? Why is this message coming up? Why can't an upgraded version of Windows operate my printer? My printer is supposed to be Windows 10 compatible. I bought my printer last year.

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  7. Right how I did my Envy Printer Wi-Fi was.
    Insert the disc that came with it.
    Just follow the instructions
    When it comes to do you want to use Wi-Fi or cable click Wi-Fi
    Once everything installed then you should find your printer is showing and ready to use
    Let us know if you need any other help

hTconeM9user, Dec 8, 2015
  8. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

I don't remember using a disc to install my printer when I first got it last year.

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  9. No but if it does not do it over the WI-FI, then they recommend using the disc

10. I can't find the disc for my printer. I found the discs for my last 2 printers, but none for the current printer.

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  11. hTconeM9user, Dec 8, 2015
  12. If I get a USB cable for my printer to connect to my computer, would that work?

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  14. Yes but you might still need to install the software

15. davidhk Win User
    I am not sure that will help, because you already said " I uninstalled my printer software and it won't let me install the downloaded software."

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

1. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install - Similar Threads - Envy 5530 Printer

2. Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES: When i try to print I get "drivers not installed" but when I look at printer status it say "idle". Under Windows 10 all worked OK, I cannot find how to download drivers for the printer within Windows 11, can somebody please give me instructions of how to download such...
  3. Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES: When i try to print I get "drivers not installed" but when I look at printer status it say "idle". Under Windows 10 all worked OK, I cannot find how to download drivers for the printer within Windows 11, can somebody please give me instructions of how to download such...
  4. printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530: all the loops of HP Smart help etc say printer installed and ready but it still will not print printer driver unavailable prints ok from another computer but not from this one...
  5. HP Envy Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy Printer: My HP printer is showing preparing to enter sleep mode and wont respond. How do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/ce691871-1005-45ad-940c-a9016057385e
  6. I want to Troubleshhoot my Printer HP ENVY 5530 seies ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to Troubleshhoot my Printer HP ENVY 5530 seies ?: I am having troubles with my HP ENVY 5530 series Printer. It keeps reporting on it's window that I have a problem Every so often it switches off and I have to turn off and restart again. Some time later, it repeats again. Can I troubleshoot? If so, how?...
  7. Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer: My HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer has been working well and yesterday it stopped printing from my computer and I cannot fix the problem. I had moved and had purchased an Epson printer but had problems with it and reinstalled my HP Envy 5530 a couple of months ago and the...
  8. HP Envy printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy printer: For some reason, suddenly I cannot print in colour from laptop, prints colour from pad but laptop, any suggestions. I have had printer for 2 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/0216a0cd-41e3-4c93-8530-d98865600657
  9. Hp Envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Envy 5530 printer: Hi I had to get a new wireless router from Verizon fios. Today. Now can not get my wireless printer to connect to my windows 10 home 64bit I have tried to unplug the wireless router restart the computer but that does not work. The Blue wireless light keeps flashing. can...
  10. How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online?: How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online? 29581