Windows 10: HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Discus and support HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I think I must have lost the disc that came with my printer. Wish I had it! Yes, I have downloaded the software from the link you provided earlier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristineL, Dec 7, 2015.

1. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

I think I must have lost the disc that came with my printer. Wish I had it!

Yes, I have downloaded the software from the link you provided earlier today. As I've been trying to get my printer problem fixed, I finally got the printer icon to show up on my computer again, but nothing will print. When I was using the set up Wizard for my Printer, it asked to print a test page. I clicked on "print test page" and nothing happened and I got an error message.

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015

2. Run Scan and print Doctor again and see if that will fix the problem.

Let me know how you get on again

hTconeM9user, Dec 8, 2015
  3. ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  4. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Using Print and Scan Doctor didn't help. I asked an employee at Staples and he asked me what type of virus protection I had. When I told him that I had Avast, he told me to turn off Avast or completely uninstall Avast when I try to connect my printer. My concern is that after I uninstall Avast, how do I get it back on my computer. I just renewed my subscription with them a couple months ago and now I wish I would have gotten a different virus protection program. The man at Staples told me that Avast does not like Windows 10.

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    You can always reinstall Avast and re-register. Can you ?
    Avast | Download Free Antivirus for PC, Mac & Android

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  6. Yes he can but there might be a problem.
    It may work with avast uninstalled but once it goes back on he may hit the same problem again of not being able to print,
    Also hope he updated his drivers from HP Forum and not using Microsoft ones.
    He can use 8.1 drivers if he cant find 10 ones from the HP site

7. davidhk Win User
    1. Just uninstall Avast and see if everything turns out ok as the Staples man said.
    2. Then reinstall Avast and again see if there is any ill effect.
    Worse comes to worst, you can always select another security program. There are other free programs available. But one step at a time.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  8. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

I am a "she" not a "he." *Smile

Yikes! It sounds like I may have to ditch Avast entirely and I renewed my subscription in August.

Do you know of a virus program that works well with Windows 10? The man at Staples mentioned Kasperksy as one of the good anti-virus programs.

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    You can try AVG, if you must look for a replacement.
    AVG Free Antivirus Download | Virus Protection Software

Just for your information.
    Since I had Windows 8, then 8.1, then Windows 10 Insider Previews, then Windows 10 RTM, I never use a 3rd party AV program.
    All I am using is the Windows own Windows Defender as my Real-time Protection, and Malwarebytes free edtion as my On-demand Protection.
    I never have security issues. And that's about 3 years now.

Whether you want to employ a 3rd party AV is entirely your choice. I am just telling what I use for reference purpose only.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  10. The lady has just repaid for it again so got to try and sort it otherwise he has wasted his money

11. davidhk Win User
    How do you know the OP has to pay for it ?
    All avast , free or paid versions need to register.

By the way, I do not care to correspond to you.
    You have anything to say, say it to the OP.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  12. Sorry I did not mean any offence on calling you a he.
    Did you update your drivers as well from the HP Site
    Also use Windows Defender if you have to change and then notify Avast that you are having a problem if it turn out to be them

13. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Just what she put
    renewed my subscription in August.

Also just putting you right on a question

14. davidhk Win User
    Register = subscription.

User have to register every year.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  15. davidhk Win User
    ChristinL,
    Would you please tell us whether you use the pay-for Avast edition, or the free edition ?

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

1. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install - Similar Threads - Envy 5530 Printer

2. Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES: When i try to print I get "drivers not installed" but when I look at printer status it say "idle". Under Windows 10 all worked OK, I cannot find how to download drivers for the printer within Windows 11, can somebody please give me instructions of how to download such...
  3. Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES: When i try to print I get "drivers not installed" but when I look at printer status it say "idle". Under Windows 10 all worked OK, I cannot find how to download drivers for the printer within Windows 11, can somebody please give me instructions of how to download such...
  4. printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530: all the loops of HP Smart help etc say printer installed and ready but it still will not print printer driver unavailable prints ok from another computer but not from this one...
  5. HP Envy Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy Printer: My HP printer is showing preparing to enter sleep mode and wont respond. How do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/ce691871-1005-45ad-940c-a9016057385e
  6. I want to Troubleshhoot my Printer HP ENVY 5530 seies ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to Troubleshhoot my Printer HP ENVY 5530 seies ?: I am having troubles with my HP ENVY 5530 series Printer. It keeps reporting on it's window that I have a problem Every so often it switches off and I have to turn off and restart again. Some time later, it repeats again. Can I troubleshoot? If so, how?...
  7. Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer: My HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer has been working well and yesterday it stopped printing from my computer and I cannot fix the problem. I had moved and had purchased an Epson printer but had problems with it and reinstalled my HP Envy 5530 a couple of months ago and the...
  8. HP Envy printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy printer: For some reason, suddenly I cannot print in colour from laptop, prints colour from pad but laptop, any suggestions. I have had printer for 2 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/0216a0cd-41e3-4c93-8530-d98865600657
  9. Hp Envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Envy 5530 printer: Hi I had to get a new wireless router from Verizon fios. Today. Now can not get my wireless printer to connect to my windows 10 home 64bit I have tried to unplug the wireless router restart the computer but that does not work. The Blue wireless light keeps flashing. can...
  10. How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online?: How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online? 29581