Windows 10: HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Discus and support HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; That's okay. No offense, I just wanted to clarify that I was a she. I downloaded the drivers today when I downloaded the HP printer software, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristineL, Dec 7, 2015.

1. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

That's okay. No offense, I just wanted to clarify that I was a she.

I downloaded the drivers today when I downloaded the HP printer software, but I don't know if they are updated. Do I need to first get the printer software installed before installing the drivers? I am not tech savvy at all.

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015

2. It is a paid version of Avast.

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  3. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    In that case, after following The Staples man's advice, see if the printer works out ok. And as I said in reply #20, try Avast again and see if there is any problem with the printer again.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  4. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Hi know if you have downloaded the drivers with the software then should not have to do it again.
    If you right click the start button and then scroll to Device Manager.
    Once there scroll down to printer and then click on that.
    It should show your printer
    Click on that and it should tell you if the latest drivers are installed.
    If there are no red or yellow marks against it then they installed correctly.
    Have you also rerun the Scan and printer Doctor again.
    Await your reply

hTconeM9user, Dec 8, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Yup, that should work.....wifi can be a pain....I have everything hardwired for my computers.

OldMike65, Dec 8, 2015
  6. I uninstalled Avast and rebooted my computer and tried to install the printer software and it still won't install on my computer. I don't know what to do.

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  7. I thought in one of your posts you put you had installed the software.
    If you have that is why it wont install again.
    If not then clear all traces of it from everywhere
    Then restart and try installing it again

hTconeM9user, Dec 8, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Like Don, said, remove any traces of your HP printer software. Before trying to re-install. BUT you asked a while back if connecting the printer via a USB cable would work, did you try this method yet??? If you did, even windows should find and install a driver for it. Sounds like your still trying by using WiFi ..???

OldMike65, Dec 8, 2015
  9. I meant to say that my printer won't connect/install over to my computer. There is an HP Envy icon on my computer, but when I try to use my printer, I need to add my printer and select what type of connection my printer will have. I click on "wireless connection" and then after awhile I get an error message saying "printer was unable to connect over the network."

I have tried powering off my printer and my router and rebooting my computer and I continue to get the message "printer was unable to connect over the network." It gave me the same exact message after I uninstalled Avast.

Something is not letting my computer and printer connect and I have no clue what to do.

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    CAN you hook up your printer using a USB cable?? and not use wireless at all???

OldMike65, Dec 8, 2015
  11. I can't find my USB cord, so I will need to order one. I will try it using a USB connection once I can get my hands on a USB cord.

The man at Staples told me that if I had my printer connected with a wire that it wouldn't work, but his suggestion for uninstalling Avast did not fix my problem, so who knows if he is correct?

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    Most printers ALL have a USB port to connect to your computer, use it!!! Then do not choose wireless connection. Most sales people at places like staples, are clueless......as you are finding out. *Smile

OldMike65, Dec 8, 2015
  13. OldMike65 Win User

You can buy the USB cable at Staples.....their cheap.....even Walmart has them I believe

OldMike65, Dec 8, 2015
  14. I am pleased to say that after finding a way to chat with HP support today that my printer is now working. They got my printer to work by remotely accessing my computer. Such a relief!

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  15. davidhk Win User
    For my personal reference only.
    Did you use my link to HP support or you have another link that I should know about ?
    Thank you.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

1. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install - Similar Threads - Envy 5530 Printer

2. Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES: When i try to print I get "drivers not installed" but when I look at printer status it say "idle". Under Windows 10 all worked OK, I cannot find how to download drivers for the printer within Windows 11, can somebody please give me instructions of how to download such...
  3. Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES: When i try to print I get "drivers not installed" but when I look at printer status it say "idle". Under Windows 10 all worked OK, I cannot find how to download drivers for the printer within Windows 11, can somebody please give me instructions of how to download such...
  4. printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530: all the loops of HP Smart help etc say printer installed and ready but it still will not print printer driver unavailable prints ok from another computer but not from this one...
  5. HP Envy Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy Printer: My HP printer is showing preparing to enter sleep mode and wont respond. How do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/ce691871-1005-45ad-940c-a9016057385e
  6. I want to Troubleshhoot my Printer HP ENVY 5530 seies ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to Troubleshhoot my Printer HP ENVY 5530 seies ?: I am having troubles with my HP ENVY 5530 series Printer. It keeps reporting on it's window that I have a problem Every so often it switches off and I have to turn off and restart again. Some time later, it repeats again. Can I troubleshoot? If so, how?...
  7. Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer: My HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer has been working well and yesterday it stopped printing from my computer and I cannot fix the problem. I had moved and had purchased an Epson printer but had problems with it and reinstalled my HP Envy 5530 a couple of months ago and the...
  8. HP Envy printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy printer: For some reason, suddenly I cannot print in colour from laptop, prints colour from pad but laptop, any suggestions. I have had printer for 2 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/0216a0cd-41e3-4c93-8530-d98865600657
  9. Hp Envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Envy 5530 printer: Hi I had to get a new wireless router from Verizon fios. Today. Now can not get my wireless printer to connect to my windows 10 home 64bit I have tried to unplug the wireless router restart the computer but that does not work. The Blue wireless light keeps flashing. can...
  10. How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online?: How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online? 29581