Windows 10: HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Discus and support HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I accessed the chat via my HP instant ink account. I couldn't access a chat via the regular HP support link since my warranty expired. They only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristineL, Dec 7, 2015.

1. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

I accessed the chat via my HP instant ink account. I couldn't access a chat via the regular HP support link since my warranty expired. They only provided a phone number where there would be a possible fee to talk with them. I went to see if I could contact support through my Instant Ink account and there it gave me the option to chat with someone. Then the ink technician transferred me to their tech dept.

ChristineL, Dec 8, 2015
  2. davidhk Win User

Wow. No warranty, no support ?
    Very chilling.
    I suppose if you agree to pay to extend or renew the warranty, you will get the support through regular channel.
    What a bunch of vampires.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  3. With an HP Printer and if you order ink they give you support.
    Sorry I totally forgot about that way.
    ChristineL do you use their genuine inks from them, because if you do they do give you support and warranty.
    We use their genuine ink and as soon as it gets low they send us more and they take back the old cartridges.

hTconeM9user, Dec 8, 2015
  4. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Yes, those are the inks that I use with my printer. As soon as my cartridge gets low they will send me a refill. I haven't used my printer that much since I signed up for their instant ink program, so I haven't needed a refill cartridge from them yet. I am glad that I am in their instant ink program. Otherwise I don't know if I couldn't have gotten my printer working again without having to pay for their support.

ChristineL, Dec 9, 2015
  5. Christine that is one reason why it is good to pay then you get all the help we want
    Glad you got it sorted now we both know it was worth buying their printer.
    Mine is used by everyone all over the house being Wi-Fi

hTconeM9user, Dec 9, 2015
  6. Last month I posted about my printer not being able to install after upgrading to Windows 10. I managed to get support from my HP Instant Ink account and my printer was installed via a chat session with HP. However, now each time I am on my computer it says "scan to computer no longer activated" and it says my printer is offline. There is no way to get my printer not be offline. And now HP changed their site and there is no way for me to contact them via chat. Does anyone know how to fix this "offline" printer issue? What I have been doing is typing my printer's IP address in the address bar and going through the set-up wizard to get my printer to work again, but I need to do that every time I want to print something. There has to be a way to use my printer without having to go through the set-up wizard all of the time. The HP Scan and Print Doctor has not been able to fix or diagnose this issue either.

ChristineL, Jan 14, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    What is the exact model of this HP printer?? Do you know how old this printer is??

OldMike65, Jan 15, 2016
  8. snoopy51 Win User

HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Christinel:

I encountered this problem with HP Envy 5530 recently. The printer was working in wifi mode after initial Windows 10 upgrade. Three days later, it would not print.

We figured this is printer upgrade problem. So we downloaded the latest version of printer driver. It recognize the IP address, printer model but on install the printer driver software it failed. I plugged in the USB printer cable and changed the port from wireless to USB and it started to print. This worked for two days and failed again.

Run HP diagnostic test and no help. This is how I fix this problem:

1. Start - Run or Win+r - type "printui /s /t2" and open the program
    2. You should be on the "Drivers" tab
    3. Remove all Hp printer drivers from old (and current) installs

You may have a different kind of box appear after running printui /s /t2 but basically it's just a case or removing the old driver.

Print Management can also be found in Control Panel > Administrative tools > PrintManagement in Pro versions of Windows.

Retry the installation and the printer software driver installed without any problem.

This is just a captured for the printer server properties not the HP Envy 5530 model for illustrative purpose only:

HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install [​IMG]

Printer Server Properties

Good luck, ChristineL!

snoopy51, Jan 15, 2016
  9. When you get that problem it is because your internet is dropping and putting you off line, and your computer/laptop cannot communicate with your printer.
    Try and reset your router and make sure your Wi-Fi is stable as I had that problem when router needed a reset

hTconeM9user, Jan 15, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    ChristineL,
    Follow what snoopy51 suggested.

davidhk, Jan 16, 2016
  11. T0mmy1977 Win User
    I was having issues installing drivers for a Canon WiFi printer. The problem was fixed by turning on File and Printer Sharing. For some reason it was turned off. Hope this helps.

T0mmy1977, Jan 16, 2016
  12. Any help like you posted will help others

hTconeM9user, Jan 16, 2016
  13. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Thanks, I will try what you have suggested and see if that fixes this issue.

ChristineL, Jan 18, 2016
  14. It asks if I want to remove the driver only or if I want to remove the driver package? Should I remove only the driver or the driver package?

ChristineL, Jan 22, 2016
  15. snoopy51 Win User
    I did driver removal. The driver package means if there is an drivernamepackage.msi or some similar name, they will remove that too.

snoopy51, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

1. HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install - Similar Threads - Envy 5530 Printer

2. Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES: When i try to print I get "drivers not installed" but when I look at printer status it say "idle". Under Windows 10 all worked OK, I cannot find how to download drivers for the printer within Windows 11, can somebody please give me instructions of how to download such...
  3. Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows s "idle"11 - printer driver for HP ENVY 5530 SERIES: When i try to print I get "drivers not installed" but when I look at printer status it say "idle". Under Windows 10 all worked OK, I cannot find how to download drivers for the printer within Windows 11, can somebody please give me instructions of how to download such...
  4. printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer driver is unavailable for HP ENVY 5530: all the loops of HP Smart help etc say printer installed and ready but it still will not print printer driver unavailable prints ok from another computer but not from this one...
  5. HP Envy Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy Printer: My HP printer is showing preparing to enter sleep mode and wont respond. How do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/ce691871-1005-45ad-940c-a9016057385e
  6. I want to Troubleshhoot my Printer HP ENVY 5530 seies ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to Troubleshhoot my Printer HP ENVY 5530 seies ?: I am having troubles with my HP ENVY 5530 series Printer. It keeps reporting on it's window that I have a problem Every so often it switches off and I have to turn off and restart again. Some time later, it repeats again. Can I troubleshoot? If so, how?...
  7. Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print using HP Envy 5530 printer: My HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer has been working well and yesterday it stopped printing from my computer and I cannot fix the problem. I had moved and had purchased an Epson printer but had problems with it and reinstalled my HP Envy 5530 a couple of months ago and the...
  8. HP Envy printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy printer: For some reason, suddenly I cannot print in colour from laptop, prints colour from pad but laptop, any suggestions. I have had printer for 2 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/0216a0cd-41e3-4c93-8530-d98865600657
  9. Hp Envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Envy 5530 printer: Hi I had to get a new wireless router from Verizon fios. Today. Now can not get my wireless printer to connect to my windows 10 home 64bit I have tried to unplug the wireless router restart the computer but that does not work. The Blue wireless light keeps flashing. can...
  10. How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online?: How do I get HP ENVY 5530 printer online? 29581