Windows 10: HP Envy 7640 printer not working under Windows 10

Discus and support HP Envy 7640 printer not working under Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, About a month ago I am no longer able to print to my HP Envy 7640 wireless printer. I am printing from a Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardLarsen2, Feb 18, 2019.

1. HP Envy 7640 printer not working under Windows 10

Hi,

About a month ago I am no longer able to print to my HP Envy 7640 wireless printer. I am printing from a Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop. The laptop is fully patched and I have reinstalled the HP Envy 7640 software and drivers. Below is the error in the Windows Application Event viewer:

HP Envy 7640 printer not working under Windows 10 2d7f22b7-11d4-4e0a-a2b9-1b6d3825a9aa?upload=true.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RichardLarsen2, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Phrankfb Win User

Windows Update for HP Envy 7640 printer never works!

NO GOOD! This did NOT work. As logical as it sounds, it did not clear my problem I am sorry to say.

This is what I did:

1. Disconnected the printer power chord, then uninstalled it from "Control Panel, Devices & Printers".

2. Went into Programs and features and uninstalled HP Envy 7640 Basic Drivers (it doesn't show a FULL FEATURE package in here)

3. Shut down and restarted computer

4. Went into Windows Updates again and it still showed update available for "HP Enterprise WSD Multi-function printer, other hardware, NULL print, HP Envy 7640 series printer." SAME AS ALWAYS FOUND HERE!

5. I reinstalled what should have been the "Full feature software package" from the HP site for Windows 10.

6. I restarted the computer again for a 2nd time.

7. Went back to Windows Update, it still shows I need to update the printer, it STILL DOESN"T WORK. The message says, "There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later. HP Envy 7640 printer and fax error: 0x80070490."

This is where I have been all along. I am out of ideas and nothing is fixing this problem. For all I know its related to Windows Update? The printer DOES work in a network setting, both my wifes and my laptops can print to it, it's just annoying to keep
    seeing this ERROR notice every time I run Windows Update.

I should mention that when I right click the Envy 7640 Printer in the "Devices and Printers" screen, it shows it as the default, but always shows as "not connected" even when it's on.

I'm about to give up.

Phrankfb, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Windows Update for HP Envy 7640 printer never works!

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

Click on
    HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer
    , download the latest updates driver and install the same.

Let us know the result for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 18, 2019
  4. HP Envy 7640 printer not working under Windows 10

Windows 10 will not complete Windows Update For HP ENVY 7640HP Envy 7640 printer not working under Windows 10 :(

Since upgrading to Windows 10 My HP ENVY 7640 will not download UPDATE from Windows Update.

I repeatedly get this error:

Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP ENVY 7640 series - Error 0x8024200b

Has anyone else had this problem and know what is happening with this? How can I Fix?

TheRealNickRhodes, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

HP Envy 7640 printer not working under Windows 10

1. HP Envy 7640 printer not working under Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Envy 7640 printer

2. Problem installing driver for HP Envy 7640

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem installing driver for HP Envy 7640: Help! Something has happened to my long time running HP Envy 7640 series printer. All of a sudden it quit working. Tried to update drivers, delete and reinstall everything. Nothing worked. Finally my Dell computer recognized the printer but now the driver won't install. I...
  3. HP Envy Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy Printer: My HP printer is showing preparing to enter sleep mode and wont respond. How do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/ce691871-1005-45ad-940c-a9016057385e
  4. Driver unavailable for HP ENVY 7640 printer

Driver unavailable for HP ENVY 7640 printer: I returned to New York from winter in Florida and discovered my HP Spectre Laptop no longer prints to my HP ENVY printer. The IPhones print, but not the laptop. When I go through all the recommended steps, the message always comes back that the driver is unavailable, How...
  5. My printer stopped working HP ENVY 7640---- after I purchased the Microsoft 365

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My printer stopped working HP ENVY 7640---- after I purchased the Microsoft 365: I printed the Web Access Test Results and it states: This printer is currently configured with a Domain Name system DNS server address that cannot be accessed. On most networks, not having an accessible DNS server address can prevent the printer from accessing Web pages...
  6. HP Envy 5034 Printer not working

HP Envy 5034 Printer not working: Since my last Windows 10 update this month my printer all of a sudden will not print from the computer or just copy. It just comes out blank. I have run the troubleshooter, HP Smart and HP printing and scan doctor and they all say there is no problem. Really got me...
  7. HP Envy printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy printer: For some reason, suddenly I cannot print in colour from laptop, prints colour from pad but laptop, any suggestions. I have had printer for 2 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/0216a0cd-41e3-4c93-8530-d98865600657
  8. I cannot not get my HP ENVY Printer 7640 to print.

I cannot not get my HP ENVY Printer 7640 to print.: I get an error message from Windows Function address caused a detection fault. I have tried all types of problem solving with no success....
  9. HP Printer Offline Support +1-844-802-7535

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    HP Printer Offline Support +1-844-802-7535: Having the expert assistance and guidance to have a proper setup of the printer is very necessary. That is why we have made our HP printer customer support number +1-844-802-7535 toll-free and available 24x7 for your services so that you can get any of your queries resolved...
  10. HP Printer not working under W10S

HP Printer not working under W10S: A friend just got upgraded?? from Window 10 to W10S. I don't know how or why this happened. Anyway, his HP Office Jet Pro 6968 does not work anymore. Is this printer 10S compatible? I was thinking that perhaps using Services.Msc to change Function Discovery Resource...