Windows 10: HP Envy crashes often whenever I do screen sharing in MS Teams and/or use touch interface

Discus and support HP Envy crashes often whenever I do screen sharing in MS Teams and/or use touch interface in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have always had challenges running Hardware Virtualization on my HP Envy x360 laptop. Every time I enable it, the system won't boot and after several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SureshDookeran, Apr 19, 2020.

1. HP Envy crashes often whenever I do screen sharing in MS Teams and/or use touch interface

I have always had challenges running Hardware Virtualization on my HP Envy x360 laptop. Every time I enable it, the system won't boot and after several boot attempts the system will boot into recovery mode.

I ended up getting back into the BIOS and disabling the Hardware Virtualization and voila! The machine boots successfully!?

So I decided to uninstall the AMD Drivers from HP and reinstall the AMD Driver direct from AMD's site. This appears to have fixed the Hardware Virtualization issue sort of. I can enable the feature and run VMs on the computer, but now I have random failure during Microsoft Teams calls where I do screen sharing or when the touchscreen is in use.

:)

SureshDookeran, Apr 19, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Apr 19, 2020
  3. KLund1 Win User
    HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

Thanks for the long reply! The effort is much appreciated!
    My responses in bold

Again many thanks.
    Any other thoughts or suggestions, from anyone??

KLund1, Apr 19, 2020
  4. HP Envy crashes often whenever I do screen sharing in MS Teams and/or use touch interface

My touch screen suddenly does not respond HP Envy All In One

I don't know why but the touchscreen on my HP Envy All in One quit working today and I can find no resources on line to help. The only one I have found says to go to :

• Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.

• The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device.

• If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable.

When doing so, there is no"HID-Compliant Touch Screen" option. I don't know if something has happened in the last day to remove it.

It worked yesterday. Any advise out there. The bloody computer is only a couple of months old.

SharonDeatrick, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

HP Envy crashes often whenever I do screen sharing in MS Teams and/or use touch interface

1. HP Envy crashes often whenever I do screen sharing in MS Teams and/or use touch interface - Similar Threads - Envy crashes often

2. Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?: I have had this computer for a couple years now, and the touch screen and everything was working perfectly fine up until about a month and a half ago. When I look at my settings, it says "Pen and touch not available for this display" and when I go into device manager under...
  3. Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?: I have had this computer for a couple years now, and the touch screen and everything was working perfectly fine up until about a month and a half ago. When I look at my settings, it says "Pen and touch not available for this display" and when I go into device manager under...
  4. Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020: I have an HP Envy laptop HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba 2020 - the touch screen has stopped working.The system info shows no touchscreen. Word is also not detecting pen input.No pen or touch input is available for this display. The HID - Touch screen is not showing even when showing...
  6. Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020: I have an HP Envy laptop HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba 2020 - the touch screen has stopped working.The system info shows no touchscreen. Word is also not detecting pen input.No pen or touch input is available for this display. The HID - Touch screen is not showing even when showing...
  7. My HP Envy 13 laptop has started blue screening randomly but often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My HP Envy 13 laptop has started blue screening randomly but often: Product: Envy 13 Aq0003na Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) My laptop started bluescreening early December 2020. Random but oftern and getting more frequent to the point of being unusable. I have used HP assistent to check software and hardware. All good. I have...
  8. No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch: I have an hp envy 17" touch, bought in 2017. I also have a much older beat up hp laptop, that I needed files from. I turned it on. It fired right up, but wouldn't respond to anythingtouchpad, keys, etc., no matter how long I waited, or several restarts. I needed the files,...
  9. Microsoft Team Screen sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Team Screen sharing: Hello everyone, Im working with a support team currently and ever since this pandemic, majority of staff are working from home. As im working for a financial company, every month our laptop have to be patch to latest windows update for security reason, and for some reason,...
  10. Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy: After reviewing all the questions and responses, poking at every possible menu window I could find. I followed the suggestion of placing a mousepad over the touch pad. :-) I recommend one of thin mouse pads fold it in half, tuck one half under the notebook and the top half...