Windows 10: HP Envy cursor disappeared touchpad not working

Discus and support HP Envy cursor disappeared touchpad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; no battery on back... tried using fn keys and rebooting to no avail, but what worked was pressing the power button on the left side of the laptop at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OntChee, Mar 15, 2019.

1. OntChee Win User

HP Envy cursor disappeared touchpad not working

no battery on back... tried using fn keys and rebooting to no avail, but what worked was pressing the power button on the left side of the laptop at the same time as/along with the sound/mute button on the right side of the laptop makes it power off by force rather than by using "shut down" and so when the machine is powered on again, the touchpad is responsive and the cursor reappears.

:)

OntChee, Mar 15, 2019
  2. wittier Win User

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
    HP Envy x360

Frequently the cursor arrow / mouse pointer disappears from the screen. I sometimes can move the pointer up to the top of the screen using the touchpad and sometimes it will return to being viewable. It's as if the pointer/cursor is sometimes hidden when it's positioned in the body of the screen but reappears when it's up in the header. Moving my finger around the touchpad doesn't recover the pointer until I move to the top of the touchpad. I can see that the app is reacting as if the cursor is over items on the screen (they flicker for example) but the arrow does not appear.

The app I use most is Chrome. I don't think it's an app issue but will try to monitor whether it happens in other apps as well.

More effective in recovering the pointer is touching the touch screen and then the touchpad and the mouse pointer then reappears.

I've tried resizing and changing the color of the mouse pointer in Windows Settings, but this didn't change the issue.

How can I make the cursor / mouse pointer arrow disappear less often and, if it disappears, make it come back by just touching the touchpad?

wittier, Mar 15, 2019
  3. aakkam22 Win User
    HP Envy 5530 scanner not working

Some tips:

• When trying to scan from a computer, what is displayed on the printer?

• Try making a copy of something from the printer itself. If that doesn't work, then the problem is with the printer itself. Contact HP Support for that. However, if it works, then it is a software issue.

• Does the support guide for your printer have any instructions on resetting the printer, such as unplugging it?

See this thread on the HP Support Forums:

HP Envy 5530 will not scan - HP Support Forum

aakkam22, Mar 15, 2019
  4. jmcp225 Win User

HP Envy touchpad won't scroll with Windows 10

HP Envy touchpad won't scroll with Windows 10

jmcp225, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. HP Envy cursor disappeared touchpad not working - Similar Threads - Envy cursor disappeared

2. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  3. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  4. TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AND CURSOR DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AND CURSOR DISAPPEARED: my touchpad not working. I use Fn + F7 key but it can't help. then I go to device manager but there mice and other pointing device option is missing. Then I restart my laptop but it can't help. Then I try to install drivers from manufacturer's website and it's showing my...
  5. my touchpad cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my touchpad cursor disappeared: pls help my cursor suddenly disappeared!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-cursor-disappeared/8ee90a65-fe97-4c66-8ff4-c358714cced1
  6. How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360

How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360: How can I disable the touchpad on an HP envy x360 15m-cn0011dx? It is easy to find the right dialog to disable the touchpad on my other HP machines but on this one I haven't discovered where. I also have a zBook 15 and elitebook 840 G2 so I am somewhat familiar with how...
  7. How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360: How can I disable the touchpad on an HP envy x360 15m-cn0011dx? It is easy to find the right dialog to disable the touchpad on my other HP machines but on this one I haven't discovered where. I also have a zBook 15 and elitebook 840 G2 so I am somewhat familiar with how...
  8. Touchpad not working and cursor disappeared

Touchpad not working and cursor disappeared: Hello, I woke up today and turned on my hp laptop to find out that the cursor isn't showing, and the touchpad isn't working. I rushed to google hoping to find something to help and I stumbled upon a video in which the man says to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers...
  9. Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360

Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360: I never use the touchpad on my HP Envy x 360 because I just don't like it. I prefer the mouse. I had the touchpad disabled until I installed Windows 10. Now the touchpad has started working and I can't disable it. Can you help me?...
  10. HP Envy dv6 cursor spin busy

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Envy dv6 cursor spin busy: I have a HP Envy DV6, less then a year old with 10 GB RAM, upgraded from 8.1 to 10. Every time it boots up, the pointer turns and spins busy constantly. Is there a known issue as this did NOT happen ever with 8 or 8.1. And if so, is there a workaround/fix? 16906

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy touchpad not working

2. cursor keeps disappearing in surface pro 4

3. cursor not working windows 10 hp

4. hp envy x360 touchpad not working,
  5. why cant i see my mouse on my HP envy,
  6. hp envy mouse pad not working,
  7. touchpad not working hp envy,
  8. hp envy mouse not working,
  9. my touchpad cursor is gone on hp envy,
  10. hp envy missing cursor,
  11. hp envy x360 lost cursor,