Windows 10: HP ENVY Fingerprint scanner not working after newest Win10 update

Discus and support HP ENVY Fingerprint scanner not working after newest Win10 update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have never had any problems with my fingerprint scanner until this update with "Windows Hello". Usually on start up I can just swipe my finger across... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by John Hart Utah, Jun 16, 2020.

1. HP ENVY Fingerprint scanner not working after newest Win10 update

I have never had any problems with my fingerprint scanner until this update with "Windows Hello". Usually on start up I can just swipe my finger across the scanner and boom, I'm logged in. Now it doesn't do anything at all. I tried going into my account settings to configure Windows Hello, but when I click "add fingerprint" I get a Windows Hello popup, so I click "get started" on that, then the "get started" button disappears and nothing happens. I can't configure Windows Hello and I can't disable it either, so now my fingerprint scanner is useless.

How do I disable?

The below did not work.

The "Hardware and Devices under Find and fix other problem" does not exist

I downloaded and ran the diagnostics program nothing appears out of order.

Just want to turn it off. It show it is not on.

Also cannot figure why the my HP Envy 15 runs so extremely slow compared to Lenovo with less capability. Probably to much running in the background.

Researched l Reply:

Dhavelyn Mer

Replied on February 1, 2018

· Microsoft Agent

Hello,

Certain Windows features and drivers can get affected after a recent feature upgrade due to corruption with the Windows Update components and outdated/missing drivers. As such, we can try to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. This tool checks the hardware connected to your computer for common issues and gives details on how to rectify them. Here are the steps:

1. Using Search in Cortana, type Troubleshoot.

2. Choose Troubleshoot.

3. Click on Hardware and Devices under Find and fix other problems.

4. Select Run the troubleshooter and follow the prompt to run the troubleshooter.

Monitor the results afterwards. If there are any suggestions given by the troubleshooter, you may try those and check if it helps.

Moreover, we highly advise getting and installing the most recent fingerprint reader or scanner drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Let us know the result and progress of your troubleshooting.

:)

John Hart Utah, Jun 16, 2020

2. HP ENVY Fingerprint scanner not working after newest Win10 update

Hello,

Certain Windows features and drivers can get affected after a recent feature upgrade due to corruption with the Windows Update components and outdated/missing drivers. As such, we can try to run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. This tool checks the hardware connected to your computer for common issues and gives details on how to rectify them. Here are the steps:

• Using Search in Cortana, type Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices under Find and fix other problems.

• Select Run the troubleshooter and follow the prompt to run the troubleshooter.

Monitor the results afterwards. If there are any suggestions given by the troubleshooter, you may try those and check if it helps.

Moreover, we highly advise getting and installing the most recent fingerprint reader or scanner drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Let us know the result and progress of your troubleshooting.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Fingerprint scanner not working with latest update

I just did the latest update and now my fingerprint scanner is not working. I have an HP envy and this needs to be resolved quickly.

SashaCameron, Jun 16, 2020
  4. HP ENVY Fingerprint scanner not working after newest Win10 update

HP ENVY Fingerprint scanner not working after newest Win10 update

I have never had any problems with my fingerprint scanner until this update with "Windows Hello". Usually on start up I can just swipe my finger across the scanner and boom, I'm logged in. Now it doesn't do anything at all. I tried going into my account
    settings to configure Windows Hello, but when I click "add fingerprint" I get a Windows Hello popup, so I click "get started" on that, then the "get started" button disappears and nothing happens. I can't configure Windows Hello and I can't disable it either,
    so now my fingerprint scanner is useless.

Clovenclover, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

HP ENVY Fingerprint scanner not working after newest Win10 update

1. HP ENVY Fingerprint scanner not working after newest Win10 update - Similar Threads - ENVY Fingerprint scanner

2. Envy x360 fingerprint scanner not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Envy x360 fingerprint scanner not working: Hi there! I have a HP Envy x360 2020 model and ever since I installed the Windows 11 update the fingerprint scanner has not been working. in fact, none of the Windows Hello sign in options have been working, not even the PIN. The model number is HP ENVY x360 Convertible...
  3. Envy x360 fingerprint scanner not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Envy x360 fingerprint scanner not working: Hi there! I have a HP Envy x360 2020 model and ever since I installed the Windows 11 update the fingerprint scanner has not been working. in fact, none of the Windows Hello sign in options have been working, not even the PIN. The model number is HP ENVY x360 Convertible...
  4. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  5. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  6. Fingerprint scanner not working. HP Zbook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint scanner not working. HP Zbook: HP Zbook, Windows 10, SN# CND63676F4 I've tried ... 1. updating windows 2. deleting and reinstalling fingerprint drivers 3. rolling back to previous version of driver 4. stoping / starting in run.exe 5. restarting computer many times. Any other helpful hints?...
  7. Fingerprint scanner not working. HP Zbook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint scanner not working. HP Zbook: HP Zbook. Windows 10 pro. SN# CND63676F4 "we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint" Things I have tried: 1. Restarting the computer 2. updating ... everything to include fingerprint drivers 3. Removed fingeprint scanner driver and...
  8. Hp fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hp fingerprint scanner: I opened my Hp laptop and put my finger on the scanner and It didn't work.So I removed the fingerprint password and when I set it up again it says put fingerprint on the the reader but when I put it on It does nothing.Its enabled in device manager and I tried uninstalling and...
  9. HP ENVY FINGER PRINT SCANNER NOT WORKING

HP ENVY FINGER PRINT SCANNER NOT WORKING: After a recent update, my fingerprint scanner does not work on my HP ENVY x360 running Windows 10. I have done all of the recommendation, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Made sure I had all the recent updates, yet Windows Hello Fingerprint still stats that this...
  10. Hp Envy fingerprint reader stopped working after Win 10 Update

Hp Envy fingerprint reader stopped working after Win 10 Update: After the last Win 10 Pro update my HP Envy laptop fingerprint reader stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-fingerprint-reader-stopped-working-after/b279979d-0984-402f-9c04-8786856fe954