Windows 10: HP Envy getting too hot to touch on sleep mode

Discus and support HP Envy getting too hot to touch on sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a HP Envy x360, and I bought it in January 2020. For some reason, when I close my laptop and it goes to sleep, if I leave it for awhile, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nathansaephan, Apr 24, 2020.

1. HP Envy getting too hot to touch on sleep mode

I have a HP Envy x360, and I bought it in January 2020. For some reason, when I close my laptop and it goes to sleep, if I leave it for awhile, it doesn't wake back up. I have to hold the power button to turn it off, wait 5 seconds, then turn it back on again. On top of that, if I leave it in sleep mode for too long, maybe 3-5 hours, the base becomes too hot to touch. It's like when you touch plastic that's been sitting outside in the sun on a hot summer day. I'm not exaggerating. Does anyone know what's wrong?

:)

nathansaephan, Apr 24, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Apr 24, 2020
  3. KLund1 Win User
    HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

Thanks for the long reply! The effort is much appreciated!
    My responses in bold

Again many thanks.
    Any other thoughts or suggestions, from anyone??

KLund1, Apr 24, 2020
  4. HP Envy getting too hot to touch on sleep mode

Battery Problem { hp envy 15}

Hi Mohsin,

I am sorry to know that you have been facing battery issue for 2 months.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    If the issue persist, then I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below ad check. If you cant perform few steps on your own please check with HP.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10):

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge:

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge | HP® Customer Support

Please get back to us with the results to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

HP Envy getting too hot to touch on sleep mode

1. HP Envy getting too hot to touch on sleep mode - Similar Threads - Envy getting too

2. HP Envy x360 goes into sleep mode whilst in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy x360 goes into sleep mode whilst in tablet mode: Good dayI have been experiencing this problem constantly where my laptop goes into sleep mode for no clear reason when in tablet mode. This random sleep mode bug only occurs when in tablet mode and then it requires me to fold the laptop to desktop mode, sign in and then go...
  3. HP Envy x360 goes into sleep mode whilst in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Envy x360 goes into sleep mode whilst in tablet mode: Good dayI have been experiencing this problem constantly where my laptop goes into sleep mode for no clear reason when in tablet mode. This random sleep mode bug only occurs when in tablet mode and then it requires me to fold the laptop to desktop mode, sign in and then go...
  4. Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020: I have an HP Envy laptop HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba 2020 - the touch screen has stopped working.The system info shows no touchscreen. Word is also not detecting pen input.No pen or touch input is available for this display. The HID - Touch screen is not showing even when showing...
  5. Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020: I have an HP Envy laptop HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba 2020 - the touch screen has stopped working.The system info shows no touchscreen. Word is also not detecting pen input.No pen or touch input is available for this display. The HID - Touch screen is not showing even when showing...
  6. HP laptop gets hot when charging in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop gets hot when charging in sleep mode: my HP envy 360 which i bought brand new, sometimes gets hot when charging in sleep mode is it normal or should i do something because it is really worrying me off. all my power settings are normal and the pc is set to better battery mode...
  7. No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch: I have an hp envy 17" touch, bought in 2017. I also have a much older beat up hp laptop, that I needed files from. I turned it on. It fired right up, but wouldn't respond to anythingtouchpad, keys, etc., no matter how long I waited, or several restarts. I needed the files,...
  8. Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.: I have an HP Envy X360 with a Ryzen 5 3500U, which I bought near November of last year. Everything with it was fine until 2 months ago when I noticed that whenever my laptop was in sleep mode it'd get really hot to the touch, even hotter than when I run a demanding game or...
  9. XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode: submitted by /u/FiziksMayMays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewsjlh/xps_13_gets_scalding_hot_in_sleep_mode/
  10. Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy: After reviewing all the questions and responses, poking at every possible menu window I could find. I followed the suggestion of placing a mousepad over the touch pad. :-) I recommend one of thin mouse pads fold it in half, tuck one half under the notebook and the top half...