Windows 10: HP Envy laptop plugged in not charging

Discus and support HP Envy laptop plugged in not charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As succinctly as I can, these are the issues, followed by what has been done. For the last year my HP Envy -serial # 5CG636416F Product #X7V40UA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MAKling, Jun 12, 2020.

1. MAKling Win User

HP Envy laptop plugged in not charging

As succinctly as I can, these are the issues, followed by what has been done.

For the last year my HP Envy -serial # 5CG636416F Product #X7V40UA is plugged in, but the battery does not charge. The battery level says it is at 14%. If I unplug the power cord the laptop automatically shuts down.

The laptop itself recognizes the charger is connected as the small LED next to the AC charger port, lights up white and blinks. Usually, when the laptop is turned on, this would be orange if the battery was charging.

Laptop purchased approx. 2, possibly 3 years ago. Purchased from BJ's brand new, never used.

Came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 18363.836 preinstalled

Laptop has never been upgraded.

McAfee application was installed but has since been uninstalled.

McAfee consumer products removal tool has never been completed, as of the writing of this forum statement. It will be completed, however.

Fixes Attempted:

• Battery Check - Says 14% Charging - Task bar says 14%, plugged in but not charging and doesn't charge
    • Power supply and cords replaced new two days ago. did not fix the issue-
    • Laptop plugged into several different outlets. No change.
    • The laptop is fully updated.
    • The BIOS has been updated and is current
    • From the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows, run as administrator, a full systems check was done.
    • Component tests completed. The battery test says: Canceled. Testing logs show that the battery test has canceled, though I do not know why. Test was rerun several times with same result.
    • Full system scans run. Everything Passed
    • From the Device Manager, the Battery drivers are current and updated as is the AC Adapter
    • From the device manager, the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery has been uninstalled reinstalled when shutdown and restart completed
    • Laptop was shut down, power cord removed, allowed 30+ minutes prior to restart Issue still unresolved

Each of these attempts to fix the issue has been repeated several times with shutdowns and restarts as required.

The issue still remains. Is there anything else I can do to resolve this issue?

:)

MAKling, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Jim48065 Win User

my hp envy is plugged in but doesnt seem to be charging. help

my hp envy is plugged in but doesnt seem to be charging. help

Jim48065, Jun 12, 2020
  3. DKahl96 Win User
    Windows 10 HP Envy plugged in not charging

I'm having the same problem with an HP Envy 15-u010dx model. I keep my laptop always plugged in, so never really have a battery drain. I noticed it for the first time about a month ago (guessing, around 12/15'ish?) when I saw my LED light blinking steady.
    Tom, is your LED light blinking or is it just on the whole time?

When plugged in, the battery says "plugged in, not charging". The only way I've been able to actually charge it, is when I unplug it and let the battery drain to 0% and then plug it in to charge.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with any patches, specifically with the "Windows 10 Fall Creator Updates"...

Dan

DKahl96, Jun 12, 2020
  4. HP Envy laptop plugged in not charging

Windows 10 HP Envy plugged in not charging

I have an HP Envy 15-ah151sa laptop. OS windows 10 64bit.

For the last 5 days my battery has not been charging whilst plugged in.

The laptop whilst asleep or turned off will charge up OK.

Only when the laptop is turned on, the battery icon shows up as if the machine is not on charge, when it is.

The laptop itself recognises the charger is connected as the small LED next to the AC charger port, lights up white. Usually, when the laptop is turned on, this would be orange if the battery was charging. For example, right now my battery is at 95% and
    draining, the charger is plugged in, the small LED is glowing white, yet the battery is not charging.

When i go to my device manager and uninstall the ACPI - compliant control method battery, turn off (not restart) my machine, and turn it back on, the battery icon shows "plugged in, not charging" - if i unplug the charger (in the same session) and put the
    charger back into the machine, the same issue as above.

I have run the diagnostic checker from start up (by hitting F2), and also the diagnostic checker in the HP support assistant and the reports come back that the battery is OK. I also spent £30.00 replacing the charger (the pin was slightly bent on the previous
    one), but unfortunately also, to no avail. I have reinstalled windows, but also to no avail. All updates and drivers are fully up to date.

Please help...

Thanks

Tom

TomRobinson__, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

HP Envy laptop plugged in not charging

1. HP Envy laptop plugged in not charging - Similar Threads - Envy laptop plugged

2. Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in?: Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-of-my-hp-laptop-not-charging-even-plugged/468b05a8-318d-4b3a-972a-264899e8c079
  3. Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in?: Battery of my HP Laptop not charging even plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-of-my-hp-laptop-not-charging-even-plugged/468b05a8-318d-4b3a-972a-264899e8c079
  4. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  5. Laptop plugged in but not charging

Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  6. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  7. Laptop plugged in but not charging

Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  8. hp envy laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp envy laptop: New hp envy laptop kb backlight wont stay on long enough. works ok but goes to sleep to soon. press any key works fine but once the kb is lighted is goes dark in a few seconds. not windows issue since there is no settings for it. it is driving me nuts.. haven'tt found a hp...
  9. HP Envy Laptop -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Envy Laptop -: How do I TURNOFF the Touchpad?? HP Envy laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-laptop/c37915bf-15bf-4f00-bd1a-8d6f60b2728f
  10. laptop plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop plugged in not charging: laptop plugged in but not charging displayed. What next to get it to charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-plugged-in-not-charging/8a96a914-66f3-47c6-beae-b657b2d146c4