Windows 10: HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart

Discus and support HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; this is driving me nuts, but recently my computer will not shutdown. i get the normal shutdown screen, then my display goes black but the light on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/millhouse1982, Jan 27, 2021.

1. HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart

this is driving me nuts, but recently my computer will not shutdown. i get the normal shutdown screen, then my display goes black but the light on the power button never goes out. it will force shutdown if i hold down the power button. tried to restart instead and it just gets stuck on the blue restart screen with the spinning dots...any suggestions?

submitted by /u/millhouse1982
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/millhouse1982, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Big John3 Win User
    hp envy laptop

New hp envy laptop kb backlight wont stay on long enough. works ok but goes to sleep to soon. press any key works fine but once the kb is lighted is goes dark in a few seconds. not windows issue since there is no settings for it. it is driving me nuts.. haven'tt found a hp number call for help. it is still under warranty. I would hate to return it since I spent a lot of time setting it up. any sage wise advice out there??

hp envy laptop 13 ba-oxxxx
    fiq99duo
    product 00325-96708=02228-aaoem

Big John3, Jan 27, 2021
  4. HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart

HP ENVY shutdown

Hi have a HP ENVY laptop that has always gone into sleep/hibernation mode but can't wake it up without a shutdown & restart.

All display settings are as I set (Sleep Battery - 10 mins / Plugged in - never)

Seems to be getting worse as now going 'dead' after 20min after no use.

All boxes ticked but ??

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows settings]

BillWorthy, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart

1. HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart - Similar Threads - ENVY laptop wont

2. HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown: this issue appeared in Dec 2023, any idea why this is happening to only HP laptops - Updates are up to date - no policy conflicts - Up to date HP BIOS updates...
  3. HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown: this issue appeared in Dec 2023, any idea why this is happening to only HP laptops - Updates are up to date - no policy conflicts - Up to date HP BIOS updates...
  4. hp envy laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp envy laptop: New hp envy laptop kb backlight wont stay on long enough. works ok but goes to sleep to soon. press any key works fine but once the kb is lighted is goes dark in a few seconds. not windows issue since there is no settings for it. it is driving me nuts.. haven'tt found a hp...
  5. HP Envy Desktop Won't Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Envy Desktop Won't Restart: Hello, I recently bought a newly desktop HP ENVY Desktop in less than a month ago. My issue is when i restart the computer. In the beginning, i was able to restart very quickly in fact without any issues. Then on my last restart, my desktop icons were small. About a week...
  6. HP Envy 5540 wont print color

HP Envy 5540 wont print color: I have an HP Envy 5540 All In One and it has stopped printing color. I have tried remove and add the device. It will print one item in color and reverts back to B/W. I did the power cycle. No fix I downloaded newest install package and drivers. Reinstalled the...
  7. HP Envy Laptop -

HP Envy Laptop -: How do I TURNOFF the Touchpad?? HP Envy laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-laptop/c37915bf-15bf-4f00-bd1a-8d6f60b2728f
  8. HP 6968 Printer wont install on HP Envy but will on ACER laptop

HP 6968 Printer wont install on HP Envy but will on ACER laptop: My HP 6968 stopped printing from my HP Envy 700-310 desktop. I tried to reinstall, but it would not. I followed a couple of the suggestions in the HP Community. Still no printing. When I was trying to install it, did put the printer in Bluetooth and Other devices, but not...
  9. Windows wont shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows wont shutdown or restart: Hello, I am currently running a new Windows 10 education edition install after my last one suddenly died. Now my current problem is that no matter the method of trying to shutdown my computer through windows its just gets stuck. Trying to shut down via the start menu doesn't...
  10. My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!: i have an asus x550lc which i recently upgraded to windows 10 x64. My pc is having a serious problem. it wont shutdown or sleep or restart properly. Sometimes it works all fine but most of the time after i shutdown or sleep the pc... the pc will turn off the screen and the...