Windows 10: HP Envy Photo 7855 misprints after OS update and reinstalling printer and drivers doesn't work

Discus and support HP Envy Photo 7855 misprints after OS update and reinstalling printer and drivers doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I hope you can help me. My HP Envy Photo 7855 has worked well with my HP computer and MS Windows 10 for quite some time. Suddenly, yesterday,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BurrDL, May 2, 2019.

1. BurrDL Win User

HP Envy Photo 7855 misprints after OS update and reinstalling printer and drivers doesn't work

Hello! I hope you can help me. My HP Envy Photo 7855 has worked well with my HP computer and MS Windows 10 for quite some time. Suddenly, yesterday, the printer stopped working, freezing up on each print job for some minutes before only printing 1/3 of a page. HP worked with me for over 7 hours today, uninstalling and reinstalling both the printer and drivers and other sorts of maneuvers. Nothing worked. I believe this problem occurred after an OS update, or it may have been after trying to print an online pdf from an online course that had a video embedded in it? I don't know why that would create a problem, but it was near that time that the printer started acting up (and yet I recently also had an update). Thank you. I really need my printer to work!

:)

BurrDL, May 2, 2019
  2. Phrankfb Win User

Windows Update for HP Envy 7640 printer never works!

NO GOOD! This did NOT work. As logical as it sounds, it did not clear my problem I am sorry to say.

This is what I did:

1. Disconnected the printer power chord, then uninstalled it from "Control Panel, Devices & Printers".

2. Went into Programs and features and uninstalled HP Envy 7640 Basic Drivers (it doesn't show a FULL FEATURE package in here)

3. Shut down and restarted computer

4. Went into Windows Updates again and it still showed update available for "HP Enterprise WSD Multi-function printer, other hardware, NULL print, HP Envy 7640 series printer." SAME AS ALWAYS FOUND HERE!

5. I reinstalled what should have been the "Full feature software package" from the HP site for Windows 10.

6. I restarted the computer again for a 2nd time.

7. Went back to Windows Update, it still shows I need to update the printer, it STILL DOESN"T WORK. The message says, "There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later. HP Envy 7640 printer and fax error: 0x80070490."

This is where I have been all along. I am out of ideas and nothing is fixing this problem. For all I know its related to Windows Update? The printer DOES work in a network setting, both my wifes and my laptops can print to it, it's just annoying to keep
    seeing this ERROR notice every time I run Windows Update.

I should mention that when I right click the Envy 7640 Printer in the "Devices and Printers" screen, it shows it as the default, but always shows as "not connected" even when it's on.

I'm about to give up.

Phrankfb, May 2, 2019
  3. brucepolk Win User
    HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

I suggest you to kindly update your printer driver of HP Envy 5530 from official hp printer site. While downloading printer driver select proper printer model. Then install it. If will really help you out to solve your problem. if you are still not able to get the solution then please contact to HP Printer Technical Support Experts at 1-888-924-5460

brucepolk, May 2, 2019
  4. aakkam22 Win User

HP Envy Photo 7855 misprints after OS update and reinstalling printer and drivers doesn't work

HP Envy 5530 scanner not working

Some tips:

• When trying to scan from a computer, what is displayed on the printer?

• Try making a copy of something from the printer itself. If that doesn't work, then the problem is with the printer itself. Contact HP Support for that. However, if it works, then it is a software issue.

• Does the support guide for your printer have any instructions on resetting the printer, such as unplugging it?

See this thread on the HP Support Forums:

HP Envy 5530 will not scan - HP Support Forum

aakkam22, May 2, 2019
Thema:

1. HP Envy Photo 7855 misprints after OS update and reinstalling printer and drivers doesn't work - Similar Threads - Envy Photo 7855

2. hp envy 5055 printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp envy 5055 printer driver: have laptop with windows 10. Just purchased hp Envy 5055 printer. Downloaded it wireless but it's missing a driver. HP is beyond useless for support! Is there a safe download for this?...
  3. set up HP Envy 7855 printer with Windows 10 and WordPerfect

set up HP Envy 7855 printer with Windows 10 and WordPerfect: I am running Windows 10 via Parallels on a Mac. I have an HP Envy 7855 printer installed on the Mac, and it works with some of my Windows programs. But when I tried to set it up to print envelopes from my WordPerfect X3 (as it did when Windows 10 was running on my Dell), I...
  4. HP Envy 5034 Printer not working

HP Envy 5034 Printer not working: Since my last Windows 10 update this month my printer all of a sudden will not print from the computer or just copy. It just comes out blank. I have run the troubleshooter, HP Smart and HP printing and scan doctor and they all say there is no problem. Really got me...
  5. INSTALLING HP ENVY PHOTO 7855

INSTALLING HP ENVY PHOTO 7855: INSTALLING HP ENVY PHOTO 7855 TO A 'WIFI DIRECT' SETTING DOESN'T WORK; ONE WINDOW SAID I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT DRIVER; BUT I INSTALLED FROM THE WINDOWS APP STORE AND IT SAID IT INSTALLED...
  6. HP ENvy photo 7855 printer

HP ENvy photo 7855 printer: I got a new printer but I cannot get the old printer off of the list of printers to choose as default printers. How do I get the old one off the list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-photo-7855-printer/610aefdd-0254-4268-9d59-b37ec4a29b8a
  7. HP ENVY Photo 7800 Series Printer

HP ENVY Photo 7800 Series Printer: I am not sure if you all can help with this, but I will continue to list the ongoing problem I have been having. HP Printer No Sleep After 5 Minutes Issue I have an HP ENVY Photo 7800 Series Printer. This makes my 3rd HP printer that I have had to have replaced under...
  8. HP ENVY Photo 7800 Series Printer

in Windows 10 Support
    HP ENVY Photo 7800 Series Printer: I am not sure if you all can help with this, but I will continue to list the ongoing problem I have been having. HP Printer No Sleep After 5 Minutes Issue I have an HP ENVY Photo 7800 Series Printer. This makes my 3rd HP printer that I have had to have replaced under...
  9. HP Envy Photo 7855 misprints after OS update (reinstalling printer and drivers doesn't...

HP Envy Photo 7855 misprints after OS update (reinstalling printer and drivers doesn't...: Hello! I hope you can help me. My HP Envy Photo 7855 has worked well with my HP computer and MS Windows 10 for quite some time. Suddenly, yesterday, the printer stopped working, freezing up on each print job for some minutes before only printing 1/3 of a page. HP worked with...
  10. How to Fix Hp Envy 7855 Printer offline

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Fix Hp Envy 7855 Printer offline: *Mad I am facing hp printer offline problem from last 2 months . First time when offline problem arises i got it troubleshoot from technician but now i want this proper solution on my own. Please suggest me some instructions or manual to troubleshoot printer offline problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display panel not working on my hp envy photo 7855