Windows 10: HP Envy Printer Will Not Print anything but test page

Discus and support HP Envy Printer Will Not Print anything but test page in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Regardless of app used, nothing but lousy test pages will print! I have TRIED the silly troubleshooter TOO MANY TIMES I have stopped and restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CJ_001, Mar 20, 2020.

1. CJ_001 Win User

HP Envy Printer Will Not Print anything but test page

Regardless of app used, nothing but lousy test pages will print!

I have TRIED the silly troubleshooter TOO MANY TIMES

I have stopped and restarted the print spooler

WHAT is needed to get this printer to work?

Please help! In this time of ncovid19 things are crazy!

:)

CJ_001, Mar 20, 2020

2. Unable to print using HP Envy 5055 printer

when I print a test page it works fine. but when I try to print excel document it does not print.

any suggestions?

thanks

Franco Goodman

***Modified title from: i have a new HP ENVY 5055 printer***

FrancoGoodman, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to print using HP Envy 5055 printer

Hi Franco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to print using HP Envy 5055 printer. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you facing this issue only while printing Excel documents?
    • Do you receive any error code/message?
    • Were you able to print documents earlier?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try running
    HP Print and Scan Doctor
    on your computer this will diagnose the issues with Printing.

You may also want to try reinstalling the drivers from HP website:
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5000-all-in-one-printer-series/14095644/model/14095768
    . Try installing the recommended drivers and check.

For additional information, see
    HP Windows 10 Support Center - Printing
    and

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 20, 2020
  4. HP Envy Printer Will Not Print anything but test page

HP printer not showing in printer list

I have a new HP Envy x360 laptop and I just added an HP 5540 printer. (This printer works fine with my other laptop)

The printer shows in my Printers and Scanners and shows as my default printer and the Test Page prints just fine.

However when I try to print anything else the printer does not on my list of printers?

Thanks

***Original title: HP Envy 5540 printer***

SusanKelly7, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

HP Envy Printer Will Not Print anything but test page

1. HP Envy Printer Will Not Print anything but test page - Similar Threads - Envy Printer Print

2. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  3. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  4. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.: I tried to troubleshoot but it did not find a problem, i followed the advise to restart the print spooler, but it did not help. The only change made between the time when the printer printed my docs and now when it does not print was that windows updated itself. What can I do...
  6. my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.: I tried to troubleshoot but it did not find a problem, i followed the advise to restart the print spooler, but it did not help. The only change made between the time when the printer printed my docs and now when it does not print was that windows updated itself. What can I do...
  7. my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.

8. Windows 10 HP computer printing blank pages on HP printer - test page ok.

Windows 10 HP computer printing blank pages on HP printer - test page ok.: Windows 10 HP computer printing blank pages on HP printer - test page ok. I did Remove Device and reinstalled. Prints fine from my Apple ipod....
  9. HP Envy 5034 printer does not print anything in black

HP Envy 5034 printer does not print anything in black: My HP Envy 5034 will not print from computer or copy anything that is in black or grey. If I print a document from my laptop only the coloured part will print. I can copy or type anything in color and that is fine. My black cartridge is half full so surely I don't have...
  10. after adding a printer, test page will not print

after adding a printer, test page will not print: I added a printer to my Windows 10 Surface Book system. It tells me to print the test page and that fails. When I try to navigate to the suggested troubleshooting page, Edge intervenes and will not allow me to continue. Eventually, I'm able to escape Edge's handcuffs. But to...