Windows 10: HP ENVY, Screen Brightness Not Adjustable, Additional Help

Discus and support HP ENVY, Screen Brightness Not Adjustable, Additional Help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey All, I recently had an issue and hope it helps someone. I've spent hours and searched through countless threads and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Breckton, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Breckton Win User

HP ENVY, Screen Brightness Not Adjustable, Additional Help

Hey All,

I recently had an issue and hope it helps someone. I've spent hours and searched through countless threads and nothing helped.

My issue was that on my newer HP Envy model I lost the ability to adjust the screen brightness (by scroll bar, through the menu, or even in control panel itself, or by the F3 key). I was told to update the software, uninstall or update my drivers, all of which I did. Nothing was working.

Just type in Device Manager, (click the one for your computer, don't search the web) and go to [Monitors] double-click, then to click on[Generic Pnp Monitor - (that's what mine says). On a good day it should open with the General Tab displayed first with a CAPTION in the display box for device status stating: "This device is working properly."

However mine didn't say that it said - well can't find the original note but that there was a conflict. I determined that a software program that I installed, in this case TEAMVIEWER was causing a conflict - I don't have enough Tech details at the moment, but when I deleted that program (removed it from the system) - I was able to change my brightness. I hope this help someone out there, but if you've tried everything else - it could be because of a program you've installed. Eventually I'll know why in the future but for now, good luck...

:)

Breckton, Apr 30, 2019

2. Adjust Screen Brightness and Resolution in Windows 10

The screen brightness adjustment keys of my HP Pavilion laptop are not recognized by Windows 10. It is so bright that it is harming our eyes. Also, I followed the suggested alternate steps from many websites and none of them worked as the brightness adjustment
    option is not at all available even not inside Control Panel.

Please note that before installing Windows 10, I got notification that my laptop is compatible for the upgrade. Can you please help?

Hirak Bhaumik, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Manually Adjust The Minimum Backlight Brightness on Windows 10 Desktop

Hi,

There are 2 options to adjust or changes the brightness of your screen. You can adjust it using the monitor button or use the Display settings. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried adjusting the brightness using the monitor buttons.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to changes the screen brightness.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 30, 2019
  4. HP ENVY, Screen Brightness Not Adjustable, Additional Help

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

HP ENVY, Screen Brightness Not Adjustable, Additional Help

1. HP ENVY, Screen Brightness Not Adjustable, Additional Help - Similar Threads - ENVY Screen Brightness

2. No screen brightness adjust.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No screen brightness adjust.: Ok so I have two AOC 24G2 monitors, and I have downloaded the drivers from AOC and installed them. I have fully updated windows, mobo, and gpu drivers. And I have followed this entire guideline, and still have no brightness adjuster anywhere. For the power options I do not...
  3. Can't adjust screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust screen brightness: Hi there, Right after I updated the latest version of windows 10, I can't change the screen brightness for my laptop. All display adapters are up to date. No brightness slidebar shown in "Settings"->"Display"->"Brightness and color". I also tried my hot key FN+F12 to adjust...
  4. Adjust the brightness of my screen?

Adjust the brightness of my screen?: i am trying to adjust the brightness of my screen. Have tried to adjust Settings but the picture is too bright & not sharp. Harg to read anything on the screen. What can i do?...
  5. help me adjust the brightness to my screen

help me adjust the brightness to my screen: How can I adjust the brightness in the windows settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-adjust-the-brightness-to-my-screen/802d794c-058e-47ea-8fec-d9ad9ef96be3
  6. Adjusting screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adjusting screen brightness.: Since I updated my laptop to the newest version of windows, I have found that I can't turn up/down the brightness. The brightness keys are not working, also in the notification panel there is no slider to adjust the brightness. Furthermore, the night light is also not...
  7. Unable to adjust screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to adjust screen brightness.: Dear Microsoft community, I got the following message when tried to update "display adapters" since there is no options available to adjust screen brightness either under "Display" or right corner of the task bar. Still there is exclamation sign on adaptors indicating...
  8. Screen brightness adjust problems

Screen brightness adjust problems: I couldnt adjust my screen brightness cause the brightness button didnt working, it stuck at 0% and i cant click on it At the setting display section it didnt show the screen brightness bar either. I dont remember this problem happenned after i updating window or not, it been...
  9. Screen brightness adjustment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen brightness adjustment: Facts: Windows 10, ASUS 430U. Recently my screen brightness can no longer be adjusted. Whether I go into settings or tap on my keyboard symbols or hit the screen brightness icon in notifications, the brightness does not adjust up or down. Called ASUS, they had me do a...
  10. Screen brightness keeps adjusting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen brightness keeps adjusting: Every 10 sec's I get a bleep and the screen brightens or darkens alternatively. Any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-brightness-keeps-adjusting/91282db6-c7be-414b-8073-2824d1714d84

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is brightness control missing from my hp envy 360

2. envy monitor how to adjust brightness

3. hp envy screen brightness

4. hp envy 13 brightness unable to adjust,
  5. windows 10 settings screen brightness hp envy 2019,
  6. hp envy brightness not working