Windows 10: HP Envy, windows 10 installed. cannot player DVD via USB DVD drive

Discus and support HP Envy, windows 10 installed. cannot player DVD via USB DVD drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows media player doesn't recognise any DVD in ext player. VLC only produces green bars on screen. DVD works in other equipment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cradkl, Oct 7, 2018.

1. cradkl Win User

HP Envy, windows 10 installed. cannot player DVD via USB DVD drive

Windows media player doesn't recognise any DVD in ext player. VLC only produces green bars on screen. DVD works in other equipment

:)

cradkl, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Charl1122 Win User

HP Envy 23 DVD Drive no longer working

Hi, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 on my HP Envy 23 D116a and the DVD drive is not working.

It shows up in device manager as hp dvd a ds8a9sh, the driver is just a cd-rom driver though, I have tried updating the driver, deleting the driver and restarting.

When any disc is put in it does not show up in the drives list in file explorer.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks

Charl1122, Oct 7, 2018
  3. pjml98 Win User
    HP Envy Laptop- Windows 10- External DVD/CD Player?

Does anyone know of a good external dvd/cd player for a HP envy laptop or windows 10?

My problem is that we've had one before (external drive), however, you can, i suppose, play games with this player,

but you cant watch movies/ dvds? VLC does not work, i have tried. I don't know if it was compatible with

windows 8, but we've had the same issue since purchase (before upgrade to 10)....

The external drive is recognised by our laptops, and so are the dvds/discs, however, when you click

on the icon, it opens up to the content of the discs, thus you can never watch anything. this also happens

when actually in the applications and after dvd/ movie is selected, it opens up to the stored files.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

pjml98, Oct 7, 2018
  4. HP Envy, windows 10 installed. cannot player DVD via USB DVD drive

Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

HP Envy, windows 10 installed. cannot player DVD via USB DVD drive

1. HP Envy, windows 10 installed. cannot player DVD via USB DVD drive - Similar Threads - Envy installed cannot

2. external drive cd/dvd player installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external drive cd/dvd player installation: hi, please advise how to set up a new external drive cd/dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-cddvd-player-installation/74011b11-286d-4e2a-a09f-50887163dd15
  3. External usb slim drive cd/dvd player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External usb slim drive cd/dvd player.: I bought a USB 3.0 Portable Optical Slim CD/DVD Burner Player RW Drive. It's from Mekkoz. I bought it on Amazon. It's plug & play. That part works, but it won't recognize any media, even with discs I know works in other devices. The driver is up to date supposedly. It also...
  4. No DVD player with Windows 10

No DVD player with Windows 10: Why is there no DVD player available with my HP Windows 10 computer. How cheap can you get? I will never ever buy a crappy Windows PC ever again. Its al. about your stupid scheming BS to screw the aveerge person buying your 3rd grade computers. I wish I had never bought...
  5. DVD Player will not install

DVD Player will not install: Microsoft store sees my PC as a device but when I try to install DVD player that I paid $14.99 for it tells me there is no device to install it on? My DVD player worked just fine with Windows media player with Windows 7 but now with Windows 10 I have to buy DVD player and it...
  6. DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player

DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player: Can I change the region for DVD player in windows media player if I have DVD drive with windows dvd player installed? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-region-on-media-player-with-dvd-driver-and/cd23d83c-3505-402a-86bb-4eaf15c8f3cd
  7. My computer (HP ) and DVD player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer (HP ) and DVD player: I purchased a new laptop ( HP ) with Windows 10 It came with no DVD or CD player so I purchased a external DVD player but I cannot get the DVD to install the DVDs that I had on Windows 7 . Is there something else I must purchase ? I have followed all the instructions I can...
  8. Windows Media Player and DVD drive

Windows Media Player and DVD drive: Hi, I have a problem burning CD's in Windows Media Player, MP3 files. Not only is this an issue, but my BRAND NEW laptop refuses to read a blank disk. I have to open the device manager and open the DVD/CD rom drives to enable the DVD rom to read a disk.... Kind Regards...
  9. Windows 10 DVD Player

Windows 10 DVD Player: When I first upgraded to windows 10, you installed everything for free, even upgrades. Now, Microsoft, removed the DVD player from the Media Player, and expect us to pay for it if we want the dvd player back. Everything worked fine until that upgrade. Now you tell me WHY,...
  10. Windows 10 DVD Player

Windows 10 DVD Player: So I noticed that the Windows 10 DVD Player was released by Microsoft. However... why is it asking me to pay $14.99 for it? I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (so I have 10 Pro), and I had read that it would be free to those customers. 15894

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd player not working hp envy

2. hp envy cant play disc please change region

3. hp envy with windows 10 has no dvd drive how can I install an external drive

4. how to enable cd player for hp Envy laptop 17t with windows 10,
  5. dvd video play driver for hp envy,
  6. hp envy dvd player not working,
  7. hp envy my dvd player not working,
  8. how to install media player on HP Envy