Windows 10: HP Envy x360 convertible - upgraded to windows 11 and now SD card reader does not work

Discus and support HP Envy x360 convertible - upgraded to windows 11 and now SD card reader does not work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I've done a bit of research about this, and what I have concluded is that my HP Envy does not support Windows 11, so I shouldn't have upgraded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rob Essex, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Rob Essex Win User

HP Envy x360 convertible - upgraded to windows 11 and now SD card reader does not work

Hi,I've done a bit of research about this, and what I have concluded is that my HP Envy does not support Windows 11, so I shouldn't have upgraded from Windows 10. That is a bit frustrating as my computer suggested that I should upgrade it just came up on in the upgrade notifications, so I assumed I should - it's not like I actively seeked out the upgrade.Now months later I am starting to notice problems. The device drivers for the "other devices" all have "?" against them in Device manager, which I only noticed as I put a new SD card in the SD card reader slot and noting happened. The c

:)

Rob Essex, Jul 2, 2022

2. Pen for HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible laptop

I have HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible laptop, which I purchased last year. Can anyone recommend a pen that works with this model?

EngMohanad, Jul 2, 2022
  3. WINDOWS 11 UPDATE ON HP ENVY X360 LAPTOP

The on screen keyboard does not automatically appear on my HP Envy x360 laptop whenever I need to type something after updating to Windows 11.

When I flip my laptop like a tablet, the onscreen keyboard usually appears automatically but after I upgraded to Windows 11, it does not work anymore.

How can I fix it? It completely devalues my money when I bought a x360 laptop.

FLOREN VHER BENEDICTO, Jul 2, 2022
  4. bradleyb Win User

HP Envy x360 convertible - upgraded to windows 11 and now SD card reader does not work

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

1. HP Envy x360 convertible - upgraded to windows 11 and now SD card reader does not work - Similar Threads - Envy x360 convertible

2. HP Envy x360 convertible - upgraded to windows 11 and now SD card reader does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Envy x360 convertible - upgraded to windows 11 and now SD card reader does not work: Hi,I've done a bit of research about this, and what I have concluded is that my HP Envy does not support Windows 11, so I shouldn't have upgraded from Windows 10. That is a bit frustrating as my computer suggested that I should upgrade it just came up on in the upgrade...
  3. HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx laptop: So I bought this HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx laptop back in October 2018 and ever since August it's been giving me keyboard issues. I've updated the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and the keyboard still keeps giving random issues. For example, it...
  4. SD Card Reader won't work but now it does. Interesting solution.

SD Card Reader won't work but now it does. Interesting solution.: It functioned a few days ago but now it doesn't. The SD cards are new, they can be read in two other PCs and also in the device (a trail camera) they were formatted on. No Device Manager issues, drivers are all updated, cards were properly ejected, so what could the problem...
  5. SD card/SD card reader no longer working

SD card/SD card reader no longer working: Hi. New to this so not sure of category. I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit My SD card reader has stopped working. In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed. I can't format the card as it is not listed. I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere. I've...
  6. HP Envy X360 Convertible 15-ds0040au

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Envy X360 Convertible 15-ds0040au: I just bought an Envy x360 a little while ago, but when I try to set up Windows Hello Face the option says "This option is currently unavailable", and below, it says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown" I've troubleshot my device, and I have the...
  7. HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy x360: My desktop went down so I connected my monitor to the laptop, but every time I try to turn the screen around to the back the keyboard does not work. Any suggestions on how to keep keyboard from shutting down? I've already set it up to only show on the large monitor....
  8. SD Card Reader not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    SD Card Reader not working: My PC doesn't recognize my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-working/6a47076e-3cbc-4d69-85bf-53aeedfc23bf
  9. SD-card reader not working

SD-card reader not working: Hi I am having trouble accessing my SD card it work fine with another similar laptop, mine just keeps telling em to format the drive, and when i try to format it says it is not able to format it. Alex...
  10. SD card reader does not work

SD card reader does not work: I am using Asus UX330CA laptop with Win10 64 bit. After recent PC reset my SD card reader does not work. So far: - Installed all the drivers from ASUS support page (chipset, card reader, etc.) - I can see Alcor Micro USB 2.0 Card Reader under Device Manager USB Controllers....