Windows 10: HP G6 gives Hard Disk error

Discus and support HP G6 gives Hard Disk error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have updated from Windows 20H2 to Windows 21H1. Today I cloned the HDD to a Crucial MX500 SSD when I installed the SSD I get "Hard disk error" I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scopio, Jun 16, 2021.

1. scopio Win User

HP G6 gives Hard Disk error

I have updated from Windows 20H2 to Windows 21H1. Today I cloned the HDD to a Crucial MX500 SSD when I installed the SSD I get "Hard disk error" I have run the System Diagnostic for the SSD and it passes the SMART Check and Short DST. I have changed from Legacy to UFEI but have the same error. Is there anything else I can change in the BIOS or any where else to have the SSD to boot into windows?

:)

scopio, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Jess Bor Win User

HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR

Hi Aditya,

In order for us to help you with your concern about hard disk drive error, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What specific error are you getting? Are you getting an alpha-numeric error codes such as 0x80070057? If possible, kindly post here a screen shot of the actual error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • For initial troubleshooting steps, kindly access this
      support link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Jun 16, 2021
  3. 3rd master hard disk error

Ugh, i just got that on my dads pc, he was ripping a dvd to his external hdd to play off the ps3, when we rebooted it he got a 3rd master hard disk error.

Anybody got any suggestions?

I reset the cmos for about 5 minutes thinking thats all i needed to do, but that didn't happen.

freaksavior, Jun 16, 2021
  4. OtopC Win User

HP ML150 G6 not detecting HD4850

I have a HP ML150 G6 Server that has a curious problem. As soon as I put a specific HD4850 in the inside, the card's D1601 LED comes on and the card does not startup. But this card works perfectly in any other PC. I have tried other display cards in this server and they work without any problems. These include an X1950, HD3870 and a HD5770. Thinking that it may power supply, I tried a new power supply but still no success. Next I tried a bios update and still no joy. Anyone have any idea how I can solve this?

The Specs of the G6 Server

1 x Xeon 5504 running at standard clocks of 2 GHz
    2 x 2 GB ddr3
    3 x 320 GB Seagate hard disks
    running windows 7 ultimate
    750 watt power supply
    and the HP MB whatever it’s called.

OtopC, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. HP G6 gives Hard Disk error - Similar Threads - Hard Disk error

2. HP 250 G6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 250 G6: hi, Microsoft Community. i have a HP 250 G6 That has Windows 7 Professional installed not preinstalled and i want to downgrade to vista which i successfully installed by running setup.exe on windows and i want to ask if windows 7 drivers work on windows vista or can anyone...
  3. HP 250 G6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP 250 G6: hi, Microsoft Community. i have a HP 250 G6 That has Windows 7 Professional installed not preinstalled and i want to downgrade to vista which i successfully installed by running setup.exe on windows and i want to ask if windows 7 drivers work on windows vista or can anyone...
  4. HP 450 G6 admin lock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP 450 G6 admin lock: The computer boots up, but it doesn't allow me access to the bios or anything. I bought the computer from someone almost 2 years ago, the computer had some stickers, announcing that it was school property, but when they graduated they were allowed to keep the computer, i...
  5. HP Pavilion g6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion g6: My friend gave me a HP pavilion g6 that needed all information deleted off the hard drive but i accidentally deleted the operating system how do i redownload it[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-g6/e780dc6f-e218-4a2a-bd4a-4e7d3aa1c35c
  6. Hard Disk Error

Hard Disk Error: Good afternoon My computer has been having a blue screen since last week, out of the blue. Before it happens there are clicking sounds on the right side of it followed by the sound something makes when you turn it off. It stays alert for like 5 seconds before it does this...
  7. reading a CD on an HP Pavilion g6

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reading a CD on an HP Pavilion g6: my HP pavilion g6 has a DVD reader, but I can't read a CD. shouldn't it read both a CD and a DVD??? or do I need new equipment? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-a-cd-on-an-hp-pavilion-g6/2c68a371-5944-45ce-950b-2b25d86632b6
  8. 03f0 hp pavilion g6

03f0 hp pavilion g6: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop HP PAVILION G6. First, when i turned on the laptop, the system (windows 10) was starting up, after pushing enter the windows circle was turning, but after that - the screen of the laptop tuned off and it wasnt highlighted (the diode and...
  9. Hard Disk Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Disk Error: Hard Disk Error Hard Disk 6 (3F6) (Disk tests OK in Diags but won't Boot) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-error/d1182320-c9d2-4f43-8b98-17f66d446577
  10. HARD DISK WITH ERRORS

HARD DISK WITH ERRORS: Windows detected a hard disk problem. The following was included: Disk Name: WDC WD10s21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB; Volume: C:\D:\ Do you know what this is indicating?...