Windows 10: Hp G62 black screen, fan and hard drive functioning fine

Discus and support Hp G62 black screen, fan and hard drive functioning fine in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an old Hp G62 laptop here. It has windows 7 on it but im thinking of replacing it with windows 10 at some point soon. This laptop was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TechSeven, Sep 11, 2020.

1. TechSeven Win User

Hp G62 black screen, fan and hard drive functioning fine

I have an old Hp G62 laptop here.

It has windows 7 on it but im thinking of replacing it with windows 10 at some point soon.

This laptop was working fine until a few weeks ago.

It powers on but shows a black screen. Fan spins fine and i hear the hard drive functioning too. The power light is blue so that looks good. The wireless wifi key shows red and next to the charging cord the light shows red, both solid red.

I tried a hard reset but no luck.

I did find some information in this video @ 7:09 about battery leak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw-HLxVpph8

I tried this last step once and the laptop worked.

After that it did not work and i did not try this again.

I might try that again but it is not a permanent fix.

Any ideas?

:)

TechSeven, Sep 11, 2020

2. HP Envy 20 Black Screen On Startup

On Friday, I updated my HP Envy 20 to Windows 10. Once the update was finished my computer started up fine, however, my antivirus software (AVG) said there was an update and I needed to restart. I did so and after the restart and HP logo screen I had a black, but luminescent screen. After a maybe ten minutes of the screen staying like this, I held the power button down to turn the computer off and then restarted it with no problems. I turned it off Friday night normally and it ran normally all day Saturday. Sunday when I turned the computer on the power light came on and I could hear the fans turn on, but the screen remained black. Just black, not even a luminescent black like when I did the antivirus restart. I tried a hard restart like before but nothing changed. I left the computer on like that for around an hour and nothing changed. Figuring it was maybe a heat issue, I opened up the case and dusted the fan and the heat sink but the problem remains. I posted this problem on the HP support board a few days ago and have heard nothing. Any suggestions on what's next?

murrayme89, Sep 11, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

You have probably checked HP's documents on this issue? If not, try Step 3 here: hp support document/c03518165

AndreTen, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Fourstaff Win User

Fourstaff, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Hp G62 black screen, fan and hard drive functioning fine - Similar Threads - G62 black screen

2. Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62: The D: or Recovery Drive partition on my hard drive is full, and I am getting constant alerts. Here is what I would like to do. 1. Copy files out of the D: Volume into C: Volume. 2. Delete the D: Volume. 3. Shrink the C: Volume by 10 GB 4. Create a new D: Volume adding...
  3. GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.: I was using my pc yesterday for gaming playing rome 2. The laptop worked fine all day with no issue unitl 10pm then I exit programs and go to start and manually selected shutdown. One hour later,I get power led light up, but the screen is black and fans are not working....
  4. hard drive on hp notebook laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive on hp notebook laptop: I recently acquired an hp laptop and it said install operating system and cannot find boot device. I ran the test on the hard drive and it failed so I replaced it with a 500gb hd I was using in my desktop for recording music for extra storage. I ran the test again and it came...
  5. Black screen no command functions working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen no command functions working: So I recently switched hard drives on my inspiring 15 5000 series sell which runs on Windows 10. I was trying to grab some files from my computer that doesn't work anymore. When I put the new hard drive back in all I can seem to do is run task manager there is a black screen...
  6. HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Black Screen on boot: I have a HP Pavilion 17-e019dx laptop running Windows 10 64 bit.... that all of a sudden will not boot. On start up, it just displays a black screen. There are no beeps or words, nor can I hit F8 or ESC or any other keys to get into the bios/utilities/safe mode. I have...
  7. HP 2570 Hard drive

HP 2570 Hard drive: My Hard drive seems to be always nearly full and I cannot account for what is on there. I am not a gamer and do not save any Video files. I suspect that backups are being saved automatically, but I don't know how to view or change this process. Can anyone tell me how I...
  8. How to confirm external hard drive function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to confirm external hard drive function: This seems an incredibly basic question but I'll ask anyway. I've finally decided to do a system image backup of ~250 Gb to my old external hard drive and confirmed there's sufficient space. It's been running for almost 24 hrs. but the length of the progress bar has barely...
  9. Changed a hard drive, now Windows logs in but screen is black

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed a hard drive, now Windows logs in but screen is black: I swapped my storage drive last night and now Windows logs in to a black screen and I can't do much of anything with it. The drive I swapped was a 2TB HDD with no part of Windows on it. I did have a swap file and File History folder on it, plus some library locations were...
  10. Black screen, no hard drive activity on win 10 installation

Black screen, no hard drive activity on win 10 installation: I'm having problems upgrading to Windows 10; on the install part with the circle it reaches 70% overall and goes to a black screen with no cursor or hard drive activity. I have tryed installing five times now and have been reverted back to Windows 8.1 each time. I don't have...