Windows 10: Hp G62 black screen, fan and hard drive functioning fine

Discus and support Hp G62 black screen, fan and hard drive functioning fine in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an old Hp G62 laptop here. It has windows 7 on it but im thinking of replacing it with windows 10 at some point soon. This laptop was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TechSeven, Sep 11, 2020.

1. TechSeven Win User

Hp G62 black screen, fan and hard drive functioning fine

I have an old Hp G62 laptop here.

It has windows 7 on it but im thinking of replacing it with windows 10 at some point soon.

This laptop was working fine until a few weeks ago.

It powers on but shows a black screen. Fan spins fine and i hear the hard drive functioning too. The power light is blue so that looks good. The wireless wifi key shows red and next to the charging cord the light shows red, both solid red.

I tried a hard reset but no luck.

I did find some information in this video @ 7:09 about battery leak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw-HLxVpph8

I tried this last step once and the laptop worked.

After that it did not work and i did not try this again.

I might try that again but it is not a permanent fix.

Any ideas?

:)

TechSeven, Sep 11, 2020

2. HP Envy 20 Black Screen On Startup

On Friday, I updated my HP Envy 20 to Windows 10. Once the update was finished my computer started up fine, however, my antivirus software (AVG) said there was an update and I needed to restart. I did so and after the restart and HP logo screen I had a black, but luminescent screen. After a maybe ten minutes of the screen staying like this, I held the power button down to turn the computer off and then restarted it with no problems. I turned it off Friday night normally and it ran normally all day Saturday. Sunday when I turned the computer on the power light came on and I could hear the fans turn on, but the screen remained black. Just black, not even a luminescent black like when I did the antivirus restart. I tried a hard restart like before but nothing changed. I left the computer on like that for around an hour and nothing changed. Figuring it was maybe a heat issue, I opened up the case and dusted the fan and the heat sink but the problem remains. I posted this problem on the HP support board a few days ago and have heard nothing. Any suggestions on what's next?

murrayme89, Sep 11, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

You have probably checked HP's documents on this issue? If not, try Step 3 here: hp support document/c03518165

AndreTen, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Fourstaff Win User

Fourstaff, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Hp G62 black screen, fan and hard drive functioning fine - Similar Threads - G62 black screen

2. Black Screen, whirling fans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen, whirling fans: I have HP with following: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz; NVDIA RTX 2060 SUPER driver is updated and latest ; 16GB RAM; Running Windows 11.Have recently got into World of Warships and game keeps crashing my PC, happens at no other time. Screen goes Black, fan...
  3. Black Screen, whirling fans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen, whirling fans: I have HP with following: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz; NVDIA RTX 2060 SUPER driver is updated and latest ; 16GB RAM; Running Windows 11.Have recently got into World of Warships and game keeps crashing my PC, happens at no other time. Screen goes Black, fan...
  4. Computer fans spin but black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  5. Computer fans spin but black screen

Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  6. Can an old HP G62 run Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can an old HP G62 run Windows 10?: Hello,I have this old HP G62 that was on Windows 7 Ultimate. I recently upgraded it to Windows 8.1, and it's working fine.Now, I want to upgrade to Windows 10, but I'm not sure if the computer can handle it. Specs:2nd Gen Intel Core i3 370M6GB RAM300GB 5400RPM HDDCan it...
  7. Can an old HP G62 run Windows 10?

Can an old HP G62 run Windows 10?: Hello,I have this old HP G62 that was on Windows 7 Ultimate. I recently upgraded it to Windows 8.1, and it's working fine.Now, I want to upgrade to Windows 10, but I'm not sure if the computer can handle it. Specs:2nd Gen Intel Core i3 370M6GB RAM300GB 5400RPM HDDCan it...
  8. Can an old HP G62 run Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62

Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62: The D: or Recovery Drive partition on my hard drive is full, and I am getting constant alerts. Here is what I would like to do. 1. Copy files out of the D: Volume into C: Volume. 2. Delete the D: Volume. 3. Shrink the C: Volume by 10 GB 4. Create a new D: Volume adding...
  10. HP 2570 Hard drive

HP 2570 Hard drive: My Hard drive seems to be always nearly full and I cannot account for what is on there. I am not a gamer and do not save any Video files. I suspect that backups are being saved automatically, but I don't know how to view or change this process. Can anyone tell me how I...