Windows 10: Hp gave me short key function to reset bios yet I dont have an operating system to install...

Discus and support Hp gave me short key function to reset bios yet I dont have an operating system to install... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hp helped me with resetting my bios with short keys yet I dont have an operating system to upgrade both bios or os. need help. thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Duboua1, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Duboua1 Win User

Hp gave me short key function to reset bios yet I dont have an operating system to install...

Hp helped me with resetting my bios with short keys yet I dont have an operating system to upgrade both bios or os. need help. thank you

:)

Duboua1, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Heekz Win User

No operating system

I dont have a little thing around mine down there - MSI m97 motherboard

Heekz, Jul 20, 2020
  3. ELI
    Eli Win User
    No operating system

You screwed it up that Always happen to me when playing with linux
    I revive it with usb stick
    Try to reset bios

Hp gave me short key function to reset bios yet I dont have an operating system to install... [​IMG]

4. Hp gave me short key function to reset bios yet I dont have an operating system to install...

I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving prompts to enter Bit-Locker key when booting the PC.

It could be possible that a firmware/BIOS update might have enabled the Bit-Locker on your PC.

I would suggest you to try enabling secure boot on the PC. Follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

1. Power the device off and then back on.
    2. Look for a message on the boot screen just before or after the manufacturer logo appears. You may need to press the
      F1, F2, or Delete button, whatever key is indicated on the boot screen to enter
      BIOS Settings.
    3. Inside BIOS, look for a tab called BOOT and select that page. Depending on the
      BIOS manufacturer, this page could be BOOT,
      ADVANCED
      , STARTUP, etc.
    4. Look for a setting for UEFI Secure Boot. Each BIOS could have a different name for this. These are the keywords to look for:
      UEFI, Secure Boot, Legacy Boot.
    5. Toggle the Secure Boot setting to enabled and attempt to boot the machine.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on issues related to Bit-Locker, to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Hp gave me short key function to reset bios yet I dont have an operating system to install...

1. Hp gave me short key function to reset bios yet I dont have an operating system to install... - Similar Threads - gave short key

2. Hi, my friend gave me a hp elitebook 850 g3 without a operating system. I was trying to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my friend gave me a hp elitebook 850 g3 without a operating system. I was trying to...: Hi, my friend gave me a hp elitebook 850 g3 without a operating system. I was trying to install windows 11 without the charger plucked in and it turned off. Now it wont turn on at all just the light on caps lock turns on after i hold power button for a while.. Any...
  3. Hi, my friend gave me a hp elitebook 850 g3 without a operating system. I was trying to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, my friend gave me a hp elitebook 850 g3 without a operating system. I was trying to...: Hi, my friend gave me a hp elitebook 850 g3 without a operating system. I was trying to install windows 11 without the charger plucked in and it turned off. Now it wont turn on at all just the light on caps lock turns on after i hold power button for a while.. Any...
  4. I dont have that fancy BIOS as others have.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have that fancy BIOS as others have.: I have a HP Pavilion Gaming 15 and i simply dont have that BIOS where can i set like RAM frequency and things like that.Do i need to have a desktop pc for that?...
  5. I dont have that fancy BIOS as others have.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont have that fancy BIOS as others have.: I have a HP Pavilion Gaming 15 and i simply dont have that BIOS where can i set like RAM frequency and things like that.Do i need to have a desktop pc for that?...
  6. how to system activation i dont have product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to system activation i dont have product key: Hi kindly give to me solution for system activation. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-system-activation-i-dont-have-product-key/98984f2b-7d71-4348-aad4-5b155ab42ebd
  7. I DONT HAVE PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I DONT HAVE PRODUCT KEY: error code>0xC004F074 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-product-key/47a14c88-56d5-46f8-8179-00dad7e283a8
  8. What are the functions of an operating system?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What are the functions of an operating system?: Microsoft Windows is a computer operating system in which the programming code is not available to the public. Operating System (OS) is one of the core software code/programs thatrun on the computer hardware which makes and helps a user to interact with hardware, and then it...
  9. Used laptop and now require activation yet i dont have the activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Used laptop and now require activation yet i dont have the activation key: I bought this laptop couple of year back and running window 10 till now and recently my laptop show I have activation issue on the screen but I do not have the product key. Please help....
  10. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me: So I have a lenovo ideapad 100s. I've updated it from 8 to 10. It's been quite a while like one year since I've updated it. Now its asking for bitlocker recovery key. The thing is I havent even set up bitlocker and I'm the only one who uses this laptop. When i used the...