Windows 10: HP Hotkey Service Error

Discus and support HP Hotkey Service Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've started getting the error shown blow on my HP laptop after updating various drivers. Has anyone else noticed the same problem and have a fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve C, May 26, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

HP Hotkey Service Error

I've started getting the error shown blow on my HP laptop after updating various drivers. Has anyone else noticed the same problem and have a fix?

HP Hotkey Service Error [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, May 26, 2020
  2. N4ppeL Win User

HP Hotkey UWP Service

So before in- or uninstalling anything I checked the notebook's keyboard and tried all the F1-F12-keys (that without pressing Fn all have different functions - I believe those are what HP means by hotkeys). I checked if they do what they're supposed to do and I couldn't find any "hotkeys" that don't work.

If this is the case the solution is very simple:

1. open "Services"
    2. find the entry "HP Hotkey UWP Service"
    3. left click on it -> stop
    4. left click on it -> properties -> set startup type to "disabled"

N4ppeL, May 26, 2020
  3. N4ppeL Win User
    HP Hotkey UWP Service

As I am having this problem for the second time already, I want to post my own solution here so I can just look it up next time.

Im using a HP Eliteobook on which I did a clean Windows10 installation after receiving it. After that clean install I got this error described here which I solved back then. Now, after upgrading to Windows 10-1809 the same error pops up again:

so, the link they provide is not even valid anymore, and I have absolutely no intention of re-installing HP bloatware anyway. There are some people in the HP forum thread I referenced above that report using other HP software like "HP Support Assistant" solved their problem. However I don't have all these available since I did a clean windows installation.

N4ppeL, May 26, 2020
  4. nafets Win User

HP Hotkey Service Error

atikmdag opengl error

I should have asked, what OS are you using? Vista, should have figured.

----

Check and see if you have either of these services running; Ati Hotkey Poller and/or ATI Smart.

To do this go to the Start button ---> Run. Type in services.msc.

Double click on both services listed above and change their Startup type in the pulldown to Disabled.

Reboot your PC and try your OpenGL games again.

Just a suggestion... Don't expect any miracles from me.

nafets, May 26, 2020
Thema:

HP Hotkey Service Error

1. HP Hotkey Service Error - Similar Threads - Hotkey Service Error

2. HP hotkey support popup meaning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP hotkey support popup meaning: why do I get a "HP Hotkey support" popup when i press the fn and f5 keys together to enable the keyboard's backlight? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-hotkey-support-popup-meaning/bf759213-005b-4666-9acf-8c0de904b5ba
  3. HP hotkey support popup meaning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP hotkey support popup meaning: why do I get a "HP Hotkey support" popup when i press the fn and f5 keys together to enable the keyboard's backlight? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-hotkey-support-popup-meaning/bf759213-005b-4666-9acf-8c0de904b5ba
  4. Windows Driver Update Breaks HP Hotkey Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Driver Update Breaks HP Hotkey Support: I have a HP Elitebook 745 G5 with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and I had manually installed HP hotkey support because Windows Update's keyboard driver doesn't had support for Fn functions. I worked well for a while, till Windows Update installed in second plane an update of HP...
  5. Windows Driver Update Breaks HP Hotkey Support

Windows Driver Update Breaks HP Hotkey Support: I have a HP Elitebook 745 G5 with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and I had manually installed HP hotkey support because Windows Update's keyboard driver doesn't had support for Fn functions. I worked well for a while, till Windows Update installed in second plane an update of HP...
  6. Windows Driver Update Breaks HP Hotkey Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. HP HotKey UWP Service High Memory and CPU Usage on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    HP HotKey UWP Service High Memory and CPU Usage on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some HP users are reporting that the HP HotKey UWP Service is using high CPU and Memory on their Windows 11 or Windows 10 computers. In this guide, we have a few solutions to fix the issue. What is the HP HotKey UWP Service? The HP HotKey UWP service on your HP PC is...
  8. Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys: I downloaded to Windows 11 and some of my hotkeys aren't working. For instance my mic key on the actual laptop and my camera key won't work. I use this as an extra layer when on teams or zoom meetings to make sure I'm muted or camera off. anyone else having this issue? Have...
  9. Hotkeys

Hotkeys: I downloaded to Windows 11 and some of my hotkeys aren't working. For instance my mic key on the actual laptop and my camera key won't work. I use this as an extra layer when on teams or zoom meetings to make sure I'm muted or camera off. anyone else having this issue? Have...
  10. Hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotkeys.: Now I am the kind of person that tries to delay updates as much as possible because of things like this. But the latest one changed the start key view, as well as a search bar, and now every other time when I press escape witch I use at least 200 times a day, it throws me out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com