Windows 10: HP Inc firmware update 15.58.0.0

Discus and support HP Inc firmware update 15.58.0.0 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About two years ago I woke up to find my HP desktop was bricked. It wouldn't even post, let alone try to boot. I tried a few things with the bios and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WesPayne, Aug 26, 2020.

1. WesPayne Win User

HP Inc firmware update 15.58.0.0

About two years ago I woke up to find my HP desktop was bricked. It wouldn't even post, let alone try to boot. I tried a few things with the bios and cmos to no avail. The computer was about six years old, so I decided to buy an HP 17" laptop from Costco. About a year later, the same thing happened with the laptop. I sent the laptop in to HP three times. Under warranty, they fixed it by installing a new motherboard each time. It appeared that each time the laptop bricked, there was a Windows 10 update involved which was an HP firmware update The same update each time. From what I have read, these firmware updates modify the bios, which causes the computer to brick. HP sent me a new laptop, and after about a year, another HP firmware update has bricked this laptop. I sent it to HP and they replaced the motherboard. The computer is working fine now, but I notice that the firmware update is still lurking as an optional update.

At this point, I am postponing updates for seven days and then allowing them each morning, making sure no firmware updates get installed.

Is it possible that a virus could be causing these updates to corrupt my bios? It seems to me that a virus would have to be waiting around for a bios update to occur to do its damage. Is that even feasible? I've read something about viruses hiding in a network. Is that possible? I use the hard drive out of my old desktop for a backup, after I reformatted it. I also connect two different ipads and an iphone to this computer at different times.

I am afraid to buy a new computer in case there is a virus in one of my other devices or my network. If I did buy a new computer, it probably wouldn't be an HP just so I could get away from these firmware updates. Maybe all computer manufacturers push these bios updates out through Windows 10 updates??

I have read on the internet about other people having this same issue bricking with an HP firmware update, but not on more that one computer.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

WesPayne, Aug 26, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Pinscher Win User
    Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Aug 26, 2020
  4. SOHO1 Win User

speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware !?

I am seeing several messages in the event log shortly after I boot (the adapter message appears earlier than the processor messages):

• A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond.
    • The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.
      The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
    • The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.
      The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
    • The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.
    • The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.

What could be causing this? My firmware is up-to-date.

SOHO1, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Inc firmware update 15.58.0.0 - Similar Threads - Inc firmware update

2. Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...: Hello, I appreciate any help, I'm reaching out for assistance with a persistent issue that's been plaguing my system. Randomly while in use, my computer crashes for apparently no reason, necessitating the removal of the power cable and its subsequent reconnection to restart....
  3. Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...: Hello, I appreciate any help, I'm reaching out for assistance with a persistent issue that's been plaguing my system. Randomly while in use, my computer crashes for apparently no reason, necessitating the removal of the power cable and its subsequent reconnection to restart....
  4. Update stuck at 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update stuck at 0: I dont think it is still progressing. My windows 11 update to the latest stuck at 0% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stuck-at-0/6ccedd5a-8e70-40f2-a498-d5760eeefbf1
  5. Update stuck at 0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck at 0: I dont think it is still progressing. My windows 11 update to the latest stuck at 0% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stuck-at-0/6ccedd5a-8e70-40f2-a498-d5760eeefbf1
  6. Update stuck on 0%

Update stuck on 0%: I just updated my windows 10 laptop and right it’s “cleaning up”. It’s stuck on 0%. Someone please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stuck-on-0/9c052ff1-e8da-44ec-a07b-4f3a815d0617
  7. Update stuck on 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update stuck on 0%: I just updated my windows 10 laptop and right it’s “cleaning up”. It’s stuck on 0%. Someone please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stuck-on-0/9c052ff1-e8da-44ec-a07b-4f3a815d0617
  8. windows update 0%

windows update 0%: Hi I cannot download anything from windows update or miscrosoft store,if i want to downl;oad an update i have to go to the microsoft download catalogue however now it has found an apple update USBDevice - 486.0.0.0 but i get error 0x8024001e failed . how can i download...
  9. HP Inc firmware update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Inc firmware update: hello while updating windows updates there was HP Inc firmware update waiting in the list in hp laptop [HP 15 da0327tu] I immedietly paused the update as I was scared of updating the BIOS SOME EXPERT ADVISE NEEDED I also unistalled HP support assistant because of...
  10. Srttrial.txt 0×0 error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrial.txt 0×0 error: When i go advanced settings and repair windows from loadind i get this error..and when i open the file it says hdd errors 0×0 long page..how i fix that?i tried to put every command in cmd doesnt help..and tried many youtube guides ..i thought the prob was on hdd so i bought...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP Inc. - Firmware - 15.63.0.0