Windows 10: HP Inc. - HIDClass Update Fails

Discus and support HP Inc. - HIDClass Update Fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All other updates work fine. Only this one update fails. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. HP Inc. - HIDClass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johny w, Jan 17, 2019.

1. johny w Win User

HP Inc. - HIDClass Update Fails

All other updates work fine. Only this one update fails.

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later.

HP Inc. - HIDClass - 10/30/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.8.1 - Error 0x800703e3

HP Inc. - HIDClass Update Fails 26d45b16-43b2-4144-9970-648a19fb1c6b?upload=true.png

How to fix?

Also asked here

On Windows 10 x64

:)

johny w, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Lance Oak Win User

HP - HIDClass driver "HP - HIDClass - 6/20/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.1.20.1

After "HP - HIDClass - 6/20/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.1.20.1" installed today it seems to affect all programs and app window sizing. I can't resize any windows. Anyone else having this problem?"

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Lance Oak, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Lance Oak Win User

HP - HIDClass driver "HP - HIDClass - 6/20/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.1.20.1

Vanessa,

Thank you so much for your response. I am still not sure if it is hardware or software. I did contact HP and they could not figure it out - they did not have any knowledge of this latest HP -HIDClass 1.1.20.1 driver release. The Microsoft site while listing
    it (and I guess the source of the auto download, as I never selected it) did not reveal any 'information' about this new driver but did list it as the latest and available for download. What I noticed after more trials/observations is that the laptop (a convertible)
    seemed to be stuck in 'tablet mode'. After two restarts and 'taking it out of tablet mode' it reverted back to normal laptop mode and I am now able to resize all windows. However, when I put it back into 'tablet' mode I cannot size any windows which seems
    odd as my Surface Pro 4 certainly resizes window regardless of mode. It may be idiosyncratic to this HP Spectre 360 for the time being. A minor inconvenience for now anyway. Thanks again for taking the time to address this issue.

Lance

Lance Oak, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. HP Inc. - HIDClass Update Fails - Similar Threads - Inc HIDClass Update

2. HP Inc Software Component

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Inc Software Component: Though I have uninstalled all HP bloatware from my HP laptop as it was causing occasional problem, today through Microsoft update there were two HP inc software component updates in my laptop. Is this safe for my device? Is there any way of stopping HP updates coming via...
  3. HP Inc Software Component

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Inc Software Component: Though I have uninstalled all HP bloatware from my HP laptop as it was causing occasional problem, today through Microsoft update there were two HP inc software component updates in my laptop. Is this safe for my device? Is there any way of stopping HP updates coming via...
  4. HIDClass Error 0x800703e3; Update failed to install

in Windows 10 News
    HIDClass Error 0x800703e3; Update failed to install: [ATTACH]Many HP users have complained that they received an HIDClass device driver update to their Windows 11/10 laptop/desktop in Windows Update but the update failed to install. While other updates are installed easily, this driver update remains failed and an HP HIDClass...
  5. HP Inc firmware update 15.58.0.0

HP Inc firmware update 15.58.0.0: About two years ago I woke up to find my HP desktop was bricked. It wouldn't even post, let alone try to boot. I tried a few things with the bios and cmos to no avail. The computer was about six years old, so I decided to buy an HP 17" laptop from Costco. About a year later,...
  6. Preinstalled Software HP Inc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preinstalled Software HP Inc.: Hi! So recently, I used three softwares to remove malware a trojan virus specifically from my laptop. One of the softwares brought to my attention the existence of several pre-installed softwares from HP Inc. I was wondering if I should delete these? They are......
  7. HP Inc firmware update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Inc firmware update: hello while updating windows updates there was HP Inc firmware update waiting in the list in hp laptop [HP 15 da0327tu] I immedietly paused the update as I was scared of updating the BIOS SOME EXPERT ADVISE NEEDED I also unistalled HP support assistant because of...
  8. HP HIDClass fails to install with error 0x800703e3 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    HP HIDClass fails to install with error 0x800703e3 on Windows 10: It looks HP has once again started pushing HIDClass driver to its devices, but for some reasons, it fails to install on Windows 10. According to various reports, HP HIDClass driver fails to install with error 0x800703e3 on Windows 10 and the ‘retry’ button does nothing. The...
  9. Window Update Fails on HP Inc. - HIDClass

Window Update Fails on HP Inc. - HIDClass: All other updates work fine. Only this one update fails. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. HP Inc. - HIDClass - 10/30/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.8.1 - Error 0x800703e3 [ATTACH] How to fix? On Windows 10 x64...
  10. HP Inc. - HIDClass - 10/30/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.8.1 -Error 0x800703e3

HP Inc. - HIDClass - 10/30/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.8.1 -Error 0x800703e3: I have Windows 10 pro installed on my HP laptop. Windows 10 Update gives following error code, HP Inc. - HIDClass - 10/30/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.8.1 -Error 0x800703e3, how do I clear it so I can proceed with updates?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp hidclass update stuck