Windows 10: HP inkjet printer cartridges

Discus and support HP inkjet printer cartridges in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just installed new HP ink cartridges into my HP Officejet 6500 Model E709n printer and keep getting an error message saying inkjet failure on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by carolewoodford, Aug 28, 2018.

1. HP inkjet printer cartridges

I have just installed new HP ink cartridges into my HP Officejet 6500 Model E709n printer and keep getting an error message saying inkjet failure on the printer and it asks me to turn off and then back on, which i have done several times, including taking plug out of wall socket. Is there any way i can persuade the printer to recognise the ink cartridges? thanks.

:)

carolewoodford, Aug 28, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

HP Deliberately Cripples Third-party Inkjet Cartridges?

A legal storm is brewing for HP, one of the world's largest manufacturers of inkjet printers. Users around the world are adding to empirical evidence that HP programmed its printers to not play well with third-party ink cartridges. Apparently, HP Inkjet printers and PSCs (AIOs) are programmed to malfunction when a non-HP made ink cartridge is used, on an arbitrary date of 13/09.

The printers are programmed to recognize that a non-HP cartridge is installed, and tell the driver to report a "damaged cartridge" error to the end user. HP has been responding to individual support calls from end-users so far, that the problem is caused by using third-party cartridges. The company recently redacted this statement, replying that a firmware bug is causing this error. Users on online boards were quick to retort that printers with no Internet connection, and no scope for OTA firmware updates, too are exhibiting this behavior. The only explanation that make sense is that HP programmed this date to deliberately make third-party cartridges malfunction, and drive up sales of its own brand cartridges.

HP inkjet printer cartridges 74a_thm.jpg

Source: MyCE

btarunr, Aug 28, 2018
  3. HP Deliberately Cripples Third-party Inkjet Cartridges?

So was I, then they bought Samsung's printer business...

HP claims that they use a different, better black ink and that's why you should use HP ink only.

One thing that isn't a problem with HP printers though is clogged print heads, as they're part of the cartridge and this is in part why their cartridges cost more.

Epson offers a range of inkjet printers that have an external ink tank that you can easily refill, but it's quite messy. Maybe this is a Asian only thing though?

TheLostSwede, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Munki Win User

HP inkjet printer cartridges

Who makes a good inkjet printer?

My suggestion to you is buy a laser printer. Inkjets are money pits.

Munki, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

HP inkjet printer cartridges

1. HP inkjet printer cartridges - Similar Threads - inkjet printer cartridges

2. Is there an HP Wired Inkjet Printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an HP Wired Inkjet Printer?: I'm in the market for a new printer. My Canon which I had 2 years died on me because of the ink absorber.I used to buy HP inkjet printers all the time, but then I saw that the newer ones relied on the internet & wireless and didn't want it.Is there a "wired" HP inkjet...
  3. Is there an HP Wired Inkjet Printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there an HP Wired Inkjet Printer?: I'm in the market for a new printer. My Canon which I had 2 years died on me because of the ink absorber.I used to buy HP inkjet printers all the time, but then I saw that the newer ones relied on the internet & wireless and didn't want it.Is there a "wired" HP inkjet...
  4. Printer Cartridges

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Cartridges: Just got 2700 Series HP Printer Scanner. Installed non HP cartridge and can print nothing. What is the way to "get around" this or tell if there is no way to use non HP cartridges on this unit. Purchased 12/2020...
  5. hp inkjet printer...will not print

hp inkjet printer...will not print: test page printed alignment page printed pdf and pages will not pring nothing shows in print que What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-inkjet-printerwill-not-print/12c9bbbb-a92f-44b6-af04-b8559b6457af
  6. need to change inkjet cartridge on printer HP deskjet DJ 1112

need to change inkjet cartridge on printer HP deskjet DJ 1112: Need to change black inkjet cartridge on HPdesktop DJ1112 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-inkjet-cartridge-on-printer-hp/2c24d951-3e9b-43d7-a63c-dd4aa81f674d
  7. HP INKJET PRINER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP INKJET PRINER: Could you help 1. I have a HP Inkjet printer connected to my computer via a USB cable IT is not wireless. 2. I have a router and want this printer to be available for printing to be done from another computer. 3. How do I make it discoverable? 4. The other computer can...
  8. Inkjet printer

Inkjet printer: I want to get a tank refill inkjet printer, which brand of tank refill inkjet printer are durable and user friendly, canon, HP, or Epson ? 134804
  9. Inkjet printer

in Windows 10 Support
    Inkjet printer: I want to get a tank refill inkjet printer, which brand of tank refill inkjet printer are durable and user friendly, canon, HP, or Epson ? 134804
  10. Aftermarket ink for inkjet cartridges

Aftermarket ink for inkjet cartridges: Apologies for posting the thread in this subsection but I couldn't figure out where I should post. Admins, feel free to move the thread to appropriate section. I am wondering if anybody refills their inkjet cartridges using aftermarket ink? I usually use laser printer for...