Windows 10: HP installed Sweetlabs taskbar add-on start menu hanging

Discus and support HP installed Sweetlabs taskbar add-on start menu hanging in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Never mind this. It was nothing to do with Adobe. I posted the following in Adobe's own forum. I've just uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peter Dow, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Peter Dow Win User

HP installed Sweetlabs taskbar add-on start menu hanging

Never mind this. It was nothing to do with Adobe.
    :)

Peter Dow, Jan 22, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Unable to add searchable commands to start menu

To add Emacs to your Taskbar, try this:

• Drag the tile from the Start menu onto your Desktop
    • This will create a shortcut on your Desktop
    • Right click the shortcut on your desktop and choose 'Pin to Taskbar', then delete the shortcut from your desktop

The problem is that you did not install this software, you said you unzipped it into Program Files, is there not an installer for that software which will add the correct entries to the Windows Registry, so it appears on your Start Menu like all other software?

DaveM121, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Problems after downloading windows 10 on laptop with previous version of windows 7

Start menu not working. Taskbar not working. Desktop refreshes/restarts every 2 minutes. Laptop hangs. Any folder which is opened, automatically get closed.

Please HELP

Ranjan Dasgupta, Jan 22, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Do you really think Adobe cares that some lone person on a message board threatens their reputation? They have millions of users across hundreds of products. One person waving their hands is noise to them.

To be honest, the fact that you think your own posts carry so much weight as to put Adobe's reputation in a "crisis low" state seems kind of silly to me. Do you really believe that?

Look, the fact is, lots of programs have bugs, and a company like adobe is not going to jump to your demands to fix what may or may not be a bug, just because you threaten to discredit them.

I also suggest you lookup the definition of malware. Malware would mean that the application is doing something nefarious, such as stealing your passwords, or bank account details, or being used to spread spam. A program that uses too many resources due to a bug is not "malware".

Mystere, Jan 23, 2016
  5. Nothing to see here, move along.

nigelmercier, Jan 23, 2016
  6. Notice the poster is on Windows 8.1 and has only just joined.
    Having had no trouble on any of my systems from Adobe Reader then can only say it must be something to do either with his computer or his Windows 8.1 OS
    As well put if it is only the OP having that trouble then Adobe wont do nothing

hTconeM9user, Jan 23, 2016
  7. Peter Dow Win User
    Must be. I've withdrawn my complaint on Adobe's forum in the following terms.

So Windows 10. The Start menu works, does it?

Also what about restore points for recovery from operating system errors?

Windows 8.1 doesn't seem to offer me the restore to previous working state option I remember the early version of Windows XP had.

If I remember Microsoft stopped the restore point function at some XP update for some unknown reason, which I thought was a shame.

Are there restore points in Windows 10? Is it easy to fix operating system problems in Windows 10 or do you have to do a "Refresh your PC" (what a understatement that is!) and lose all your installed applications?

I loved the early versions of WIndows XP and it looks like some bad managers took over Microsoft and made things much worse.

Is Windows 10 anywhere near as good as the early versions of Windows XP or is it still a case of every "upgrade" is worse than the last?

Peter Dow, Jan 23, 2016
  8. Mystere Win User

I suggest you start a new thread.

Mystere, Jan 23, 2016
  9. Peter Dow Win User
    Well it looks like it is not even a Windows 8.1 problem but an issue with a taskbar add-on start menu developed by SweetLabs for HP, the PC manufacturer.

This posted with Sweetlabs

I've embarrassed myself so much by lashing out at Adobe then Microsoft, unfairly it looks like, I am reluctant to start a new thread here and embarrass myself even more. *Redface

The buck here stops with my PC supplier - HP - for supplying me with taskbar add-on start menu from Sweetlabs which has developed a fault.

I understand that Windows 10 has brought back the desktop start button which was removed from Windows 8 and PC manufacturers felt the need to reinstate.

Peter Dow, Jan 23, 2016
  10. hTconeM9user, Jan 23, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    ...............I understand that Windows 10 has brought back the desktop start button which was removed from Windows 8 and PC manufacturers felt the need to reinstate. ........................

Yes. MS has brought back the Start button. Not the same as in Windows 7.
    You will have to get used to it.

It is correct to ask you to start a new thread.
    You just go ahead and ask questions about Win 10 in a new thread and there is no call of embarrassment.
    You ask because you don't know. There is nothing wrong with that.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HP installed Sweetlabs taskbar add-on start menu hanging - Similar Threads - installed Sweetlabs taskbar

2. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  3. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  4. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar: I can only find directions on disabling and removing cortana which is NOT what i want to do. I want to be able to access cortana as easily as i did in windows 10. is there any way to add it back to the start menu or the taskbar?...
  6. Taskbar and Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar and Start menu: Hello Microsoft Community! I want a problem solve to the taskber, the problem is that I want to know what is the main thing to what apps are pinned to the task bar and how are they organized, I want the same thing in the start menu, I have a 21H1 version of windows 10....
  7. Add Calendar to Start Menu

Add Calendar to Start Menu: Using Office 2019 on Windows 10, how do I add a calendar to the start menu that when pinned to start displays only the number for today's date? i.e. 17 Moved from: Office Unknown/other Windows 10 Office 2019 ***Modified title from: Start Menu Calendar***...
  8. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  9. add "This Computer" on start menu

add "This Computer" on start menu: can I add "This Computer" on start menu, above the option "setting" 19725
  10. Windows Start Menu Hangs....

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Menu Hangs....: Ok, so when I update to the Fall Creators update as long as I leave the Fast Startup option on I’m fine. However, if I turn it off or restart the computer even with fast startup on the login screen hangs up and then unless I do a series of right and left clicks on the start...