Windows 10: HP Integrated webcam not detected and unknown UBS device - Windows 10

Discus and support HP Integrated webcam not detected and unknown UBS device - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently performed clean windows 10 reinstall on HP elitebook 840 G5. The integrated webcam was working post windows reinstall, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RockArnie, Oct 27, 2020.

1. RockArnie Win User

HP Integrated webcam not detected and unknown UBS device - Windows 10

Hello,

I have recently performed clean windows 10 reinstall on HP elitebook 840 G5. The integrated webcam was working post windows reinstall, however it stopped working soon after windows automatic updates, etc. I tried to reinstall the driver in device manager but the webcam icon was frozen, so I removed the device and restarted the device and the integrated webcam device did not reinstall and is no longer visible in device manager. However under UBS controllers, an 'unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed)' is visible. I have tried to run all the troubleshoot options, however the webcam doesn't show anymore. I suppose these 2 things are linked? Would appreciate any suggestion to address this problem. Thanks!

:)

RockArnie, Oct 27, 2020

2. HP Pavilion dv7-6c95dx HP TrueVision HD webcam no longer detected.

After updating my Hp Pavilion dv7-6c95dx from windows 7 64 bit to windows 10 64 bit home, my laptop no longer detects my webcam. In Device Manager, I'm getting the following errors: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), 0xA00F4244(0xC00DABED).
    I've searched thru the internet and have tried the listed fixes but have had no luck. Please help

RonaldBaudoin, Oct 27, 2020
  3. TeKola Win User
    Laptop Integrated Webcam not seen in Windows 10

Webcam that worked in Windows 7 is not even visible in Device manager, under imaging devices in Windows 10.

Cannot go back to Windows 7, it's been too long. There are NO drivers from HP for webcam (HP Pavilion DV6).

Original software for Cyberlink Youcam says NO WEBCAM DETECTED. HP Media"Stupid" Software agrees. BIOS has no way of turning on or off INTEGRATED webcam. There is nothing to connect. No previous answers address this situation. Nothing new installed
    (it is a laptop), only Windows 10 updates. (Windows 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 7 Pro)

TeKola, Oct 27, 2020
  4. HP Integrated webcam not detected and unknown UBS device - Windows 10

Webcam not being detected

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop which is running Windows 10.

Starting a few days ago, the built-in webcam that comes with the laptop stopped working completely. Programs like Skype, TestWebCam, and others fail to detect the webcam.

HP Integrated webcam not detected and unknown UBS device - Windows 10 DY6aP.png

I have tried all the steps from Dell's official troubleshooting guide:

1. Updating drivers for the Integrated Webcam in Device Manager gave the
      message "The best drivers for your device are already installed."
    2. Uninstalling the drivers for the Integrated Webcam.
    3. Updating to the latest BIOS A12 had no effect.
    4. Updating to the latest Chipset 16.400.3601 also had no effect.
    5. Dell's PC Diagnostics more than 1 hour scan didn't find any webcam related issues.
    6. Access to the camera is enabled in Windows 10's privacy settings.

Nathan Avery, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

HP Integrated webcam not detected and unknown UBS device - Windows 10

1. HP Integrated webcam not detected and unknown UBS device - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Integrated webcam detected

2. integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  3. integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  4. Cannot detect integrated webcam on XPS 12-9Q33 with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot detect integrated webcam on XPS 12-9Q33 with Windows 10: Cannot detect integrated webcam on XPS 12-9Q33 after installing Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-detect-integrated-webcam-on-xps-12-9q33/b27c6103-acac-4afc-97ca-457bcd955364
  5. Integrated webcam

Integrated webcam: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 500 series 2 in 1 and am no computer geek. I have a recurring integrated camera issue where I manage to fix it but then a day or two later it reoccurs. It starts with code 0xA00F4244 showing on the camera app with either the camera not showing in...
  6. integrated webcam

integrated webcam: I have an HP 15 ac 103na laptop. When I try to open camera or virtual webcam I am told it cannot We can't find hour camera. Have tried for three days now everything correct re apps. Any help appreciated....
  7. My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager,

My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager,: My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager, is not operating onDell Inspiron R 53537. How do I reinstall Integrated Webcam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-integrated-webcam-is-not-listed-in-device/d9feb144-2ef4-4173-b395-bdccfd009366
  8. Integrated Webcam Windows 10

Integrated Webcam Windows 10: I just purchased two Dell Inspiron all-in-one computers. They have integrated web cameras. When I open the cameras, I get a black screen. Even when I record video, I see only black. I checked the privacy settings and I don't see anything privacy related that could be...
  9. Integrated webcam not being detected Dell PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated webcam not being detected Dell PC: Integrated webcam not being detected Dell PC Drivers are fine, Camera App is installed and enabled, I reset the Camera App and re-started the PC, when I go to Microsoft store and try to install camera app it says that the app is already installed but then when I go to a...
  10. Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager

Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager: I have a Sager NP8275-S (Clevo P170SM) laptop running Windows 10 and the integrated webcam is not getting detected by the machine. I tried to look at the state of the drivers on device manager, but not only was the device not showing up in "Sound, video and game controllers",...