Windows 10: HP Laptop 15-F278NR

Discus and support HP Laptop 15-F278NR in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am going to sell this what is the best way to clean everything up except windows 10 and HP drivers the best I can Thanks George.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeRodak1, Nov 29, 2019.

1. HP Laptop 15-F278NR

I am going to sell this what is the best way to clean everything up except windows 10 and HP drivers the best I can Thanks George.

:)

GeorgeRodak1, Nov 29, 2019
  2. eswardev Win User

My 2 months old HP laptop (HP 15-ay106ne) is suddenly shutting down

I'm from India. I bought a HP 15-ay106ne laptop through my uncle in Abu Dubai on 01-01-2017.

After a week I noticed that it didn't charge up to 100%. After 15 days I noticed that it suddenly shuts down when the charging reaches 15% without any notification about plug-in. After few days it shuts down in between 15% and 20%.

Now it's shutting down in between 36%-40% of charging. I found that the battery backup is also not good. Original backup is 10 hours but my laptop gives 5 hours of battery backup.

I gave my laptop in to a HP service centre and they said it has a hardware problem. In India the spare parts are not available so please go to Dubai with your laptop.

I preferred to buy it in Dubai because of its international warranty. But now they are not going to help me out of this problem.

Please help me to get my laptop in good condition. And suggest me how to decrease the cycle count.

eswardev, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Battery Problem { hp envy 15}

Hi Mohsin,

I am sorry to know that you have been facing battery issue for 2 months.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    If the issue persist, then I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below ad check. If you cant perform few steps on your own please check with HP.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10):

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge:

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge | HP® Customer Support

Please get back to us with the results to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Zeeba# Win User

HP Laptop 15-F278NR

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

HP Laptop 15-F278NR

1. HP Laptop 15-F278NR - Similar Threads - Laptop F278NR

2. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  3. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  4. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  5. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  6. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  8. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  9. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  10. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa