Windows 10: HP Laptop Booting and Legacy Mode

Discus and support HP Laptop Booting and Legacy Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I have a hp laptop with no OS on it, i formated the drive. I was trying to install the OS using windows media creation tool which i put on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MahdiZaini, Jan 29, 2021.

1. HP Laptop Booting and Legacy Mode

Hello

I have a hp laptop with no OS on it, i formated the drive. I was trying to install the OS using windows media creation tool which i put on a USB but when i plugged it to my laptop and turned it on, it still said "no bootable device found insert a boot disk". I tried to turn on legacy mode on my bios but it wasnt there - the whole option for secure boot wasnt there. If you could provide assistance please help!

:)

MahdiZaini, Jan 29, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

I just found out I'm running at "Legacy" boot mode.
    Are there any downsides running my Skylake system in "Legacy" boot mode?

I don't really want to reinstall windows.
    Also I have no problems with my SSD, speeds are as they should be.

Just booting up my system takes some time, maybe it just would be faster booting with UEFI?
    My Asus Gaming laptop is booting up faster.
    If thats the main difference *Oh Well HP Laptop Booting and Legacy Mode :eek:hwell:

P4-630, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Difficulty setting BIOS to boot in Legacy mode

I tried all that is suggested by HP but it makes no difference, the Legacy mode simply refuses to stay put. I always ensure that the settings are confirmed before exiting the Setup but that's just it ... the machine always goes back to Secure Mode. Annoyingly,
    prior to the iOmega software being installed and the consequential failure to boot, I could set the PC to boot into Legacy mode with no problem if I chose to.

Watchman-34, Jan 29, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

HP Laptop Booting and Legacy Mode

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

HP Laptop Booting and Legacy Mode

1. HP Laptop Booting and Legacy Mode - Similar Threads - Laptop Booting Legacy

2. Legacy or UEFI Boot mode for new SATA SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy or UEFI Boot mode for new SATA SSD?: Hello!! I am using a Lenovo V310 14ISK laptop which is set to Legacy boot mode by default. Now I want to install a SATA SSD in place of my old HDD and use it as a boot drive while keeping HDD in the DVD drive bay and use it for storing photos, videos etc.So will I have to...
  3. Blue screen corrupted Legacy mode laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen corrupted Legacy mode laptop: I never experienced blue screen before. It happened while downloading a steam game MK11. Issues known before BSOD is wireless network adapter which kept disappearing in the network tab. But i fixed it by installing network repair app from MSI site. Then blue screen suddenly...
  4. Blue screen corrupted Legacy mode laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen corrupted Legacy mode laptop: I never experienced blue screen before. It happened while downloading a steam game MK11. Issues known before BSOD is wireless network adapter which kept disappearing in the network tab. But i fixed it by installing network repair app from MSI site. Then blue screen suddenly...
  5. Blue screen corrupted Legacy mode laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. boot mode is set to : legacy ; secure boot : off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot mode is set to : legacy ; secure boot : off: when i start my laptop this image come . how to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-mode-is-set-to-legacy-secure-boot-off/3dc795a0-4f54-498b-a899-2309ae4addc1
  7. boot mode is set to : legacy ; secure boot : off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot mode is set to : legacy ; secure boot : off: when i start my laptop this image come . how to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-mode-is-set-to-legacy-secure-boot-off/3dc795a0-4f54-498b-a899-2309ae4addc1
  8. Boot manager legacy mode not working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot manager legacy mode not working?: Hi, I've got a computer running Windows 10 but sometimes want to boot to a different system i.e. grub bootloader and I want to use the legacy boot menu. I've set bootmenupolicy to legacy but it still seems to use the modern blue graphics based boot menu. Can anyone give me...
  9. Legacy Mode enabled but Windows still boots into UEFI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Legacy Mode enabled but Windows still boots into UEFI: I Have legacy support enabled in bios but Windows still boots into UEFI mode. And I need windows to be in legacy to make some changes. Is there something I am missing. I tried using bcdedit to change the boot manager to boot into the non-uefi version. But that didn't work....
  10. hp laptop/tablet. win 10 reset loop, no legacy mode to use usb.

in Windows 10 Support
    hp laptop/tablet. win 10 reset loop, no legacy mode to use usb.: I'm a bit of a pc man myself and have had pc's from the age of 8 but i decided to branch out a bit and embrace modern technology. i have been saving for a bit for something nice and modern and come across an HP hp x2 210 tablet/laptop thing. It was second hand but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Legacy boot not supported HP