Windows 10: HP Laptop Booting issue

Discus and support HP Laptop Booting issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HP Laptop is stuck on booting. I am unable to boot the window. Window reset is simply not working as the screen stucks on the same screen. I have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amitk94, Jun 2, 2021.

1. amitk94 Win User

HP Laptop Booting issue

My HP Laptop is stuck on booting. I am unable to boot the window. Window reset is simply not working as the screen stucks on the same screen. I have my bootable usb drive and I want to reinstall the windows 10 using the usd device while not loosing the files. How can I do this? Please help me.Thank you.

:)

amitk94, Jun 2, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Jun 2, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

HP Laptop Booting issue

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

HP Laptop Booting issue

1. HP Laptop Booting issue - Similar Threads - Laptop Booting issue

2. HP Laptop Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Boot Loop: I am encountering a boot loop problem with my HP laptop. Upon startup, it shows the HP logo and loading dots for about 11 seconds, then goes to a blank screen for approximately a minute before automatically restarting. The power button does not turn off during this...
  3. HP Laptop Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Laptop Boot Loop: I am encountering a boot loop problem with my HP laptop. Upon startup, it shows the HP logo and loading dots for about 11 seconds, then goes to a blank screen for approximately a minute before automatically restarting. The power button does not turn off during this...
  4. HP Laptop Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HP laptop won’t boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop won’t boot: I got an HP laptop last year and was using it for school and some light gaming and all of a sudden it just wouldn’t boot, So I started it up and went to try to reset it in system recovery and I got a blue screen with the stop code driver pnp watchdog. Does anyone know how to...
  6. HP laptop won’t boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop won’t boot: I got an HP laptop last year and was using it for school and some light gaming and all of a sudden it just wouldn’t boot, So I started it up and went to try to reset it in system recovery and I got a blue screen with the stop code driver pnp watchdog. Does anyone know how to...
  7. HP laptop won’t boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. HP Laptop boot loop .

HP Laptop boot loop .: Hello , I am experiencing a problem on my HP Laptop I was recently going to update to windows 10 and my pc randomly shut down . So just said oh well let me try again and it did it again so I canceld but i cant becuase its stuck in this loop I heard to update from a usb drive...
  9. HP laptop not booting up?

HP laptop not booting up?: Hello everybody I was just trying to turn on my laptop. Unfortunately, it won't boot. The fan runs like crazy and is totally loud, but the screen stays black. When I press the off button again nothing happens. Does anyone have any idea what you can do? The laptop is still...
  10. Sleep issue on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep issue on HP laptop: Laptop keeps going to sleep in every 5 minutes or so after doing the system recovery and upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. I changed the sleep options in power setting but it didn't help. It is really annoying and distracting. How can I fix this problem?...