Windows 10: HP Laptop Brightness

Discus and support HP Laptop Brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The brightness on my laptop ( HP 15 15-g029wm) seems to be stuck on max. The hot keys (f2 and f3) are not working to adjust the brightness levels,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brittney Weglarz, Jan 17, 2019.

1. HP Laptop Brightness

The brightness on my laptop ( HP 15 15-g029wm) seems to be stuck on max. The hot keys (f2 and f3) are not working to adjust the brightness levels, there is also no where in the settings to adjust this issue either. All display drivers have been updated (post issue) and this has not resolved the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. I work from my computer and this is killing my eyes. Thank you in advanced.

:)

Brittney Weglarz, Jan 17, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Brightness issue for HP laptop

Hello Prasad,

Thank you for providing us detailed information. We suggest you to check the steps below to find the Brightness settings under settings:

1. Click on the Start menu and select Settings.

2. Select System and click on Display tab from left panel.

3. Now you can see an option Adjust Brightness level.

4. Left click drag the bar to adjust the screen brightness.

You can also use your keyboard to increase or decrease screen brightness. You can find a F key where the brightness symbol will be present with + and - sign on it. Try using the keys and check.

Let us know if it works. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 17, 2019
  4. HP Laptop Brightness

brightness

Who can suggest a fix to brightness adjustments? I cannot change brightness on my laptop. The problem is that buttons and settings don’t respond. Thank you. (HP Steam, Windows 10 Home)

Bill Boesel, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

HP Laptop Brightness

1. HP Laptop Brightness - Similar Threads - Laptop Brightness

2. Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...: My "Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6" laptop is malfunctioning, I seem to have encountered a crash of some display system. I was using Steam a videogame library and launcher when my screen went black and stopped responding. I powered down the computer, then powered it back up....
  3. Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...: My "Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6" laptop is malfunctioning, I seem to have encountered a crash of some display system. I was using Steam a videogame library and launcher when my screen went black and stopped responding. I powered down the computer, then powered it back up....
  4. i cannot change my laptop's brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot change my laptop's brightness: Recently I got windows 10 Pro on my laptop and now I cannot change my laptop's brightness. I have tried updating driver but nothing is working. what should i do now?...
  5. i cannot change my laptop's brightness

i cannot change my laptop's brightness: Recently I got windows 10 Pro on my laptop and now I cannot change my laptop's brightness. I have tried updating driver but nothing is working. what should i do now?...
  6. i cannot change my laptop's brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  8. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  9. Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...

Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...: System:Framework 13 with:-CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 7640U-SSD: WD Black SN770 1TB-RAM: Crucial 32GB 2x16 5600mhz CTK16G56C46S5-Dock: ugreen usb c hub ethernet hdmi 4k 60hz SKU:10919I can't change the brightness of my screen, no matter what I do. The buttons don't work, settings don't...
  10. Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...: System:Framework 13 with:-CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 7640U-SSD: WD Black SN770 1TB-RAM: Crucial 32GB 2x16 5600mhz CTK16G56C46S5-Dock: ugreen usb c hub ethernet hdmi 4k 60hz SKU:10919I can't change the brightness of my screen, no matter what I do. The buttons don't work, settings don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. increase brightness on laptop