Windows 10: HP Laptop Brightness

Discus and support HP Laptop Brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The brightness on my laptop ( HP 15 15-g029wm) seems to be stuck on max. The hot keys (f2 and f3) are not working to adjust the brightness levels,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brittney Weglarz, Jan 17, 2019.

1. HP Laptop Brightness

The brightness on my laptop ( HP 15 15-g029wm) seems to be stuck on max. The hot keys (f2 and f3) are not working to adjust the brightness levels, there is also no where in the settings to adjust this issue either. All display drivers have been updated (post issue) and this has not resolved the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. I work from my computer and this is killing my eyes. Thank you in advanced.

:)

Brittney Weglarz, Jan 17, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Brightness issue for HP laptop

Hello Prasad,

Thank you for providing us detailed information. We suggest you to check the steps below to find the Brightness settings under settings:

1. Click on the Start menu and select Settings.

2. Select System and click on Display tab from left panel.

3. Now you can see an option Adjust Brightness level.

4. Left click drag the bar to adjust the screen brightness.

You can also use your keyboard to increase or decrease screen brightness. You can find a F key where the brightness symbol will be present with + and - sign on it. Try using the keys and check.

Let us know if it works. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 17, 2019
  4. HP Laptop Brightness

brightness

Who can suggest a fix to brightness adjustments? I cannot change brightness on my laptop. The problem is that buttons and settings don’t respond. Thank you. (HP Steam, Windows 10 Home)

Bill Boesel, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

HP Laptop Brightness

1. HP Laptop Brightness - Similar Threads - Laptop Brightness

2. i cannot able to reduce my display brightness in my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    i cannot able to reduce my display brightness in my laptop: dear sir /madam, i cannot able to reduce my display brightness in my laptop isha pulintara https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-able-to-reduce-my-display-brightness-in/360eb2b1-c0a9-4446-82f7-f60b903ac624
  3. No option to disable auto brightness on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to disable auto brightness on my laptop.: I can't find any option to disable this. I've tried disabling through intel graphics and theres no option to disable through advance power settings. The only option there for display is 'turn off display after...' It can get irritating on the eyes when in a dark room. It'll...
  4. I can’t change my laptop brightness.

I can’t change my laptop brightness.: Just a few hours ago i used to be able to change it, i don’t know what happend. I tried to change the brightness in settings and from the keys on the keyboard but it only slides up and down without actually doing anything. submitted by /u/m501f [link] [comments]...
  5. 0% brightness is too much in a dark Room . How to configure minimum brightness on laptop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    0% brightness is too much in a dark Room . How to configure minimum brightness on laptop...: I would like to know if there is a way to continue to lower the backlight brightness when the brightness slider is already on the 0%. Since I need a dimmer screen. I'm using a laptop, so there's no physical buttons that control monitor brightness. I have correctly...
  6. I Can't Control My Laptop Brightness and My Task Manager not Working Properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Can't Control My Laptop Brightness and My Task Manager not Working Properly: Hy Guys ! My laptop brightness is not working if i rise and down it is still not working. And also my laptop task manager not show performance of my cpu or ram, disk any suggestion, My system is i7 2nd generation with NVidia Quadro 1000M Precision Dell M4600. Guy help me to...
  7. Unable to reduce brightness on Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to reduce brightness on Windows 10 laptop: Unable to reduce and change the brightness levels on windows 10 laptop, Winver : Version 20H2 OS Build 1042.610 Intel UHD Graphics version: 26.20.100.8141 NVIDIA Graphics version: GTX 1060 MaxQ version 27.21.14.5167...
  8. How do I increase the brightness on my laptop

How do I increase the brightness on my laptop: I was an idiot and decided to lower the brightness of my laptop to the max and now my screen is all black and I don't know what to do submitted by /u/Tousef_refuge [link] [comments]...
  9. Whenever I watch a movie on my HP Pavilion x360 laptop, the colors change from bright to...

Whenever I watch a movie on my HP Pavilion x360 laptop, the colors change from bright to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/orca1716 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl6g0b/whenever_i_watch_a_movie_on_my_hp_pavilion_x360/
  10. Laptop display brightness stuck in Balanced Power Mode

Laptop display brightness stuck in Balanced Power Mode: Hi all, Have a strange issue. As the title suggests, I can't change my laptop's display brightness when 'balanced' power mode is selected. Doesn't matter if I use my fn keys or the native windows slider. Changing the mode to 'high performance' unlocks the brightness slider...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. increase brightness on laptop