Windows 10: HP laptop camera not working after installing driver and trying everything the website...

Discus and support HP laptop camera not working after installing driver and trying everything the website... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did a complete system restore on my laptop recently and today I decided I want to cam with some people and my camera built into the laptop won’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheBlankState, Dec 29, 2020.

1. HP laptop camera not working after installing driver and trying everything the website...

I did a complete system restore on my laptop recently and today I decided I want to cam with some people and my camera built into the laptop won’t register at all, I’ve tried the guide on the HP website to look for a switch or button, install drivers, and restart. Nothing works? This camera worked fine before I did a full system restore, how do I fix this?

submitted by /u/TheBlankState
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheBlankState, Dec 29, 2020
  2. PLSG08 Win User

Re-Installing HP drivers....

Hey guys!

So I just reformatted my Aunt's HP/Compaq Laptop (CQ42-292TX) and now I'm installing the drivers, but it looks like it won't

I've tried downloading and installing the drivers from the HP website, and all of them would just fail. (Even if they finished) Also the Intel driver would just show "This computer does not meet the requirements.." blah blah blah even if there's no driver installed.

the only drivers I need is:

Wi-Fi driver

what I have:
    Graphics Driver (I already have the latest from AMD and Intel...)

the AMD driver would just finish installing but Catalyst won't show up :/

I'll try safe mode

Quick replies and any suggestions are welcome (except setting it to Wumbo)

Thanks!

PLSG08, Dec 29, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Installing W10 on this Laptop

HP Stream 11 under Windows 10 - Touchpad not recognized.

Are you making sure you are trying the correct driver for the WiFi... They list Broadcom, Intel, and/or Realtek.

Also, try to run the installer as an administrator install.

If that fails... try extracting the files and manually install the driver.

95Viper, Dec 29, 2020
  4. HP laptop camera not working after installing driver and trying everything the website...

not able to get drivers for "PCI Simple Communication controller" for Laptop HP 15 r205TU -- SOLVED

I bought a Laptop HP 15 r205TU
    model no: K8U05PA

I downloaded and installed all the drivers listed on the HP website for this model no.
    although there was a lots of confusion about which driver being applicable for my lappy.. I downloaded all the listed ones.

most of the drivers got installed from these with some giving error saying not aplicable for this laptop.
    Some home I was not able to find and install the WIFI drivers.

I searched a lot on internet.. can came to a conclusion that I was not alone with this confusion... so I kept my search on for the wifi drivers ...
    (all thanks to HP to make things so complicated.... to search and install drivers for branded laptop.)

finally got a link to lenovo website for the wifi drivers of HP Laptop. (someone has posted this link)
    to my luck .. this got installed and worked perfect.

but still there was one thing named "PCI Simple Communication controller" under Other Devices for which I was not able to figure out the drivers... refer image attached for my device ,manager

Pls help me locate this and its drivers.

HP laptop camera not working after installing driver and trying everything the website... drivers-jpg.jpg

alivehunter, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

HP laptop camera not working after installing driver and trying everything the website...

1. HP laptop camera not working after installing driver and trying everything the website... - Similar Threads - laptop camera working

2. camera not working tried everything i swear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not working tried everything i swear.: error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>i uninstalled my camera in device manager and I clicked the box that says some driver. then after I scan for hardware something the camera didn't get back. can someone help me please I really my camera for tomorrow...
  3. camera not working tried everything i swear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera not working tried everything i swear.: error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>i uninstalled my camera in device manager and I clicked the box that says some driver. then after I scan for hardware something the camera didn't get back. can someone help me please I really my camera for tomorrow...
  4. Laptop Keyboard Not Working, Tried Everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Keyboard Not Working, Tried Everything: Hello,I have a Dell XPS 13 that is only two years old and I've been having some issues with the keyboard, as in - I turn the laptop on and none of the keys work.I took it in somewhere to get it fixed and they did a full diagnostic and scan and said it was fine. Now about...
  5. Camera not working at all on Windows 10, tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera not working at all on Windows 10, tried everything: Hi everyone,I bought my laptop a few months ago and my camera was working fine. Then today I was supposed to have a video call with a friend and my camera didn't work, this is what it looks like now. I have literally NO IDEA what is causing this. I looked for updates, it...
  6. Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it: im on windows 10 2009 my cam randomly stops working my bios has camera enabled i uninstalled my cam driver and rebooted no luck installed other drivers not my cam drivers but other camera drivers i knew that wasnt going to work my cam is just black submitted by...
  7. HP Laptop camera not working

HP Laptop camera not working: Intro details: Windows 10, HP ENVY x360 -15z-ds000 CTO Started my laptop up on Tuesday, and I was surprised to find that the camera was not found while I was on calls on Teams/Zoom/etc. It worked perfectly on Monday, and I didn't really do anything....
  8. HP Laptop camera not working

HP Laptop camera not working: Intro details: Windows 10, HP ENVY x360 -15z-ds000 CTO Started my laptop up today, and I was surprised to find that the camera was not found while I was on calls. It worked perfectly yesterday, and I didn't really do anything. 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> is the error...
  9. Windows 10 camera not working - have tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 camera not working - have tried everything: Hello, Yesterday June 17,2020 my camera was working fine, today I can't get it to work. I have tried multiple things, which I will list below and it still doesn't work. Is my computer broken? Method. Check for Windows updates >Go to Settings and select Update and...
  10. No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything: First time posting here and I feel this is my last resort. I appreciate anyone willing to help and I'm going to provide a detailed rundown of the situation. So about to 2 days ago I noticed all my USB ports don't work. I check my drivers and to my surprise they were...