Windows 10: HP laptop can not complete install of version 8.36 of Skype

Discus and support HP laptop can not complete install of version 8.36 of Skype in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It goes through the install process and gets to testing webcam then nothing. Everything progress normally but when it gets to testing video, it stays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by txstoby, Jan 3, 2019.

1. txstoby Win User

HP laptop can not complete install of version 8.36 of Skype

It goes through the install process and gets to testing webcam then nothing. Everything progress normally but when it gets to testing video, it stays on that screen and you can not even log in or out. You must use task manager to exit the program.
    Any help will be appreciated.

:)

txstoby, Jan 3, 2019
  2. malware Win User

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Completely disable skype on startup?

This is factually incorrect for current Skype. This option is unavailable. There appears to be no way to disable Skype from automatically running in the current version of WIndows 10,

I guess Microsoft knows better that we do what is good for us.

Ken Wallewein, Jan 3, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond HP laptop can not complete install of version 8.36 of Skype :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. HP laptop can not complete install of version 8.36 of Skype - Similar Threads - laptop complete install

2. Installing windows frozen at 36%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows frozen at 36%: I was playing starfield until my pc froze so I turned off my pc and turned it back on again to find my display blank and my keyboard and mouse unresponsiveWaited a couple hours and turned it back on which finally allowed my display, keyboard and mouse to work but froze after...
  3. Installing windows frozen at 36%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows frozen at 36%: I was playing starfield until my pc froze so I turned off my pc and turned it back on again to find my display blank and my keyboard and mouse unresponsiveWaited a couple hours and turned it back on which finally allowed my display, keyboard and mouse to work but froze after...
  4. Installing windows frozen at 36%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 2 Skype installs - version 7.9 and version 8.58

2 Skype installs - version 7.9 and version 8.58: I had upgraded my ProStar laptop from WIN 7 to WIN 10 earlier this year, and all went well. However, I recently noticed that in Control Panel - Programs and Features, it shows 2 Skype installs - version 7.9 and version 8.58. Since my understanding is that Skype is now...
  6. Skype not working on HP Laptop.

Skype not working on HP Laptop.: I am using a Windows 10 HP Laptop, I have the latest version of Skype, sometimes if I get a message I will hear the sound but when I look there is no message, then after an hour or so the message appears, or sometimes the message does not make a sound, also calls don't always...
  7. New Skype MSI version 8.0 for IT Admins to Distribute Skype 8

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype MSI version 8.0 for IT Admins to Distribute Skype 8: Today, we are rolling out an updated version of Skype MSI version 8.0 on desktop app for Windows that will replace Skype MSI version 7.0. If you are an IT administrator, you can now download an MSI for Skype version 8.0. You can use the new MSI to distribute the latest...
  8. How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8

How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8: I already delete chat by delete conversation... But when i login again.. Some of chat that i already deleted reappear... any Solution?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-chat-history-in-skype-version-8/d1a54404-4966-4280-a3d2-791c638f417d
  9. Microsoft shares more info on the update to Skype version 8

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shares more info on the update to Skype version 8: Hello, Skype community! We hope you're all enjoying the latest updates to Skype version 8 for desktop, mobile, and tablet devices. We wanted to share a few more details on the ongoing update to Skype version 8 to keep you up to speed on the latest info. Why update everyone...
  10. How Can I Install a desktop version of Skype on Windows 10?

How Can I Install a desktop version of Skype on Windows 10?: Windows 10 apps don't really work properly on my computer. When I launch them they pop up then force close. I generally stick to desktop installs so this hasn't been an issue until Skype. I try to install a desktop version, I get re-directed to the store and it makes me...