Windows 10: HP laptop cannot wake up from sleep

Discus and support HP laptop cannot wake up from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Good day, folks. The laptop was working fine until it went to sleep; then the screen remains blank even I do the followings:- 1. press the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HWW-WT, Jun 17, 2020.

1. HWW-WT Win User

HP laptop cannot wake up from sleep

Good day, folks.

The laptop was working fine until it went to sleep; then the screen remains blank even I do the followings:-

1. press the power button until the laptop powers off, but when I release the button, the laptop will power up screen remains blank, only the light on the CAP key flashed about three times, no disk activity can be seen ... and remains blank.

2. I try all other buttons but none will 'wake up' the laptop to display anything on the screen, it remains blank.

The Windows 10 was updated recently.

Any help I can get will be appreciated. Thanks.

HW

:)

HWW-WT, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

HP laptop cannot wake up from sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Jun 17, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 17, 2020
  4. capnp72 Win User

Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance.

capnp72, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. HP laptop cannot wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - laptop cannot wake

2. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  3. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  4. Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed: Hello, hope you can help me when my Asus laptop lid is closed using an outside keyboard and screenand I put it to sleep. when I wish it to wake up, I must open the lid to do so.is there a way to wake it up without open the lid?when it sleeps it does not respond to the outside...
  5. HP Probook doesn't wake up from sleep

HP Probook doesn't wake up from sleep: I have to keep rebooting it to open again. What's wrong with sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-probook-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep/f27345ca-48b0-4278-b0ff-e462a4f426d7
  6. HP Laptop not waking up from sleep

HP Laptop not waking up from sleep: My HP laptop model is 15g-br106tx. My laptop goes to sleep but does not wake up from sleep. I've searched various articles and tried few solutions. But the problem still persists. The first solution is to enable the device keyboard or touchpad to enable it to wake the...
  7. Laptop won't wake up from sleep

Laptop won't wake up from sleep: Hi Everyone, I use a HP Pavilion HP-cc-134TX When laptop is connected to power-cord and left idly for certain amount of time, Laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. I have to manually hard-restart the system. I tried: 1. ' powercfg -h off ' but this did not help 2....
  8. Laptop waking up from sleep at night

Laptop waking up from sleep at night: I tried following this post, but when I execute this command: powercfg/waketimers, I get a different result: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg/waketimers Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  9. Laptop waking up from sleep

Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  10. Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed

Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed: Since the Windows 10 May 2019 update, the laptop cannot wake up when the lid is opened. The power button lights up and fans start up but the screen stays black and the computer doesn't respond to any button (not even the power button which would normally put it to sleep), or...