Windows 10: HP Laptop Elan touchpad

Discus and support HP Laptop Elan touchpad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidFto, May 11, 2022.

1. DavidFto Win User

HP Laptop Elan touchpad

I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also checked in the registry and that shows correctly too. If I go to settings, select touchpad and additional settings, the touchpad immediately disables and stays that way until the next time I restart the laptop. Any clues?

:)

DavidFto, May 11, 2022

2. Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

I have tried every one of the suggestions to disable this touchpad. My issue is that the ELAN tab doesn't show up like on my other computer under the additional settings. The last tab i see is Hardware. It does show the Elan Touchpad under the hardware tab,
    just like my other computer but no additional tab with the Elan title which has the checkbox to disable it when an external mouse is connected. I have windows 10 home and an hp laptop. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I have already reinstalled the
    drivers 2x and it did nothing to change the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Completely Frustrated!!

HP User Lawbirdy, May 11, 2022
  3. RayLear Win User
    Elan touchpad on my HP laptop

Since my laptop was in the shop and new Windows updates were downloaded, I cannot get rid of the Elan touchpad. I prefer to never use the touchpad. How do I disable this annoying device?

RayLear, May 11, 2022
  4. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad

I have an HP laptop I purchased in January 2019. I spent three days last year working with a tech person to disable the Elan touchpad that came installed. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and enabled the touchpad. Please tell me how to disable it again.
    It is a constant problem and annoyance!!! None of the instructions on the web worked. I've even tried uninstalling the driver, but it's reinstalled when I restart the computer. This is not an event that endears Microsoft, HP or Elan.

ChrisLane2, May 11, 2022
Thema:

HP Laptop Elan touchpad

1. HP Laptop Elan touchpad - Similar Threads - Laptop Elan touchpad

2. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  3. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  4. ELAN Touchpad not working "device not present" on HP laptop

ELAN Touchpad not working "device not present" on HP laptop: The touchpad on my HP laptop HP -14ck0xxx running Windows 10 is unresponsive. The buttons and the pad are not working. When I check my Device Manager, I have to select "Show hidden devices" to see the touchpad under Mice and other pointing options. The touchpad has a warning...
  5. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  6. Elan Touchpad not working on HP Stream 14

Elan Touchpad not working on HP Stream 14: My PC's touchpad doesn't work anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, installing it from the HP Support page. The last time it worked was about 2 weeks ago. The touchpad doesn't seem to be recognised by the system, it doesn't show up on settings and...
  7. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: I have an HP laptop I purchased in January 2019. I spent three days last year working with a tech person to disable the Elan touchpad that came installed. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and enabled the touchpad. Please tell me how to disable it again. It is a constant...
  8. Elan touchpad on my HP laptop

Elan touchpad on my HP laptop: Since my laptop was in the shop and new Windows updates were downloaded, I cannot get rid of the Elan touchpad. I prefer to never use the touchpad. How do I disable this annoying device?...
  9. Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop: I have tried every one of the suggestions to disable this touchpad. My issue is that the ELAN tab doesn't show up like on my other computer under the additional settings. The last tab i see is Hardware. It does show the Elan Touchpad under the hardware tab, just like my other...
  10. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64