Windows 10: HP Laptop fails to boot from USB

Discus and support HP Laptop fails to boot from USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP 14-cm0012la laptop on which the original hard drive has failed. I purchased a new 240GB SSD and inserted into the laptop. I downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobCox, Mar 16, 2021.

1. RobCox Win User

HP Laptop fails to boot from USB

I have a HP 14-cm0012la laptop on which the original hard drive has failed. I purchased a new 240GB SSD and inserted into the laptop. I downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool and ran that to create a bootable USB. However, the laptop is failing to boot from the USB. I have looked thru the BIOS and tried booting with Secure Boot disabled, with Legacy boot enabled but each time, the PC seems to read from the USB and keeps recycling back to the HP logo in a continuous loop. I have also tried creating the USB with Rufus 3.13. I have had no luck with anything I have tried. I even flashed the BIOS with software from the HP website but no luck. I'm fresh out of ideas as to what else I can try but I'm fairly convinced this is a BIOS problem. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Rob

:)

RobCox, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

HP Laptop fails to boot from USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, HP Laptop fails to boot from USB :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Ar3s Win User

HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

Thema:

1. HP Laptop fails to boot from USB - Similar Threads - Laptop fails boot

2. Laptop not booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not booting from USB: Hello.I just found an old laptop in my closet, a Sony Vaio VGN-TZ31VN. 2GB RAM, 32-bit Windows 7 Professional. It's extremely slow, and I just wanted to reinstall Windows or install another lightweight OS for old laptops \, such as Linux Mint, by creating a bootable USB Flash...
  3. Laptop not booting from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not booting from USB: Hello.I just found an old laptop in my closet, a Sony Vaio VGN-TZ31VN. 2GB RAM, 32-bit Windows 7 Professional. It's extremely slow, and I just wanted to reinstall Windows or install another lightweight OS for old laptops \, such as Linux Mint, by creating a bootable USB Flash...
  4. Window fail to boot, it wont go to Advance Startup and even booting from USB fail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window fail to boot, it wont go to Advance Startup and even booting from USB fail.: Hi,I have a Dell 7573 Laptop and 2 days ago it shutdown by itself while I was away for less than an hour. When I turn it on again, after the Dell logo, BSOD appear with stopcode of Machine Check Exception. I tried shutdown and restart a few times just so that the laptop will...
  5. HP Laptop Refuses to Boot to USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Refuses to Boot to USB: I have wasted the best part of a day searching for a solution. My ancient mother has a new HP laptop, thin as a rail and with no DVD drive; Windows 10. If it has a model name, I cannot find it. She has set it up herself and now has no idea what her password is; neither she...
  6. Boot from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot from USB: Hi All, I was flowing a thread from DaveM121 in regards to booting from USB, every step worked until I got to a certain point, does anyone know how I can contact DaveM121 for help? The thread was excatly what I needed help with so I’m sure he will be able to supoort me...
  7. Laptop freezing, won't boot from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop freezing, won't boot from usb: The laptop is a hp pavilion (unsure which exact one but it has an amd a8 and it says beatsaudio on it. It freezes when loading windows while booting, I can get into bios but when I try booting from my USB with windows on it it has these blue lines on the bottom of the screen...
  8. Windows 10 HP Laptop (HP 15-F272WM) will not boot + install Windows 10 from USB flash drive...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 HP Laptop (HP 15-F272WM) will not boot + install Windows 10 from USB flash drive...: Hello. For the past couple of weeks, I have been trying to fix my HP laptop that ran Windows 10. The exact type of laptop I have is an HP 15-F272WM. It was running decent for about two years but then the hard drive crashed for little to no reason. I had been having BSOD...
  9. HP Laptop fails to boot unmountable_boot_volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop fails to boot unmountable_boot_volume: My HP laptop got a issue where it was failing to boot but it souldnt be it has a healthy hard drive and has been updated normally the issue happened after I closed one of my games and shut the laptop down...
  10. UEFI laptop, booting from DVD or USB fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI laptop, booting from DVD or USB fails: Hi On this new laptop which appears to have UEFI and Legacy BIOS settings, setting UEFI settings to boot from DVD or USB first in order to run a bootable format disc to preformat before a clean install has thrown an error message that ..."boot from [xx device] failed."...