Windows 10: HP Laptop fails to boot unmountable_boot_volume

Discus and support HP Laptop fails to boot unmountable_boot_volume in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP laptop got a issue where it was failing to boot but it souldnt be it has a healthy hard drive and has been updated normally the issue happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thefuzz1234555, Oct 10, 2018.

1. HP Laptop fails to boot unmountable_boot_volume

My HP laptop got a issue where it was failing to boot but it souldnt be it has a healthy hard drive and has been updated normally the issue happened after I closed one of my games and shut the laptop down

:)

Thefuzz1234555, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

How to fix error unmountable boot volume

Hi James,

It is possible that you received the error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME due to a damaged file system which failed to mount. This error also means that sub-system on machine failed to mount the boot volume. To efficiently assist you, we'd like
    to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you you follow the steps shared by Michelle Her and
    Billion Debbarma on this threads below to troubleshoot your concern:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 10, 2018
  3. HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

i tried booting with a win 10 disc and the HP usb but still nothing....esc, f2, 10, 11 does nothing on boot

shagadelic45, Oct 10, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

HP Laptop fails to boot unmountable_boot_volume

HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

Power on the computer and open the BIOS UEFI diagnostics.
    This may be the F10 key (repetitively click during power on)
    The default UEFI diagnostics are drive and memory.
    If the UEFI diagnostics were downloaded from the HP website then there are substantially more tests including component tests. If there are available then run the extensive testing or if available the loop until failure testing.
    Run this overnight.
    The testing is designed to abort if there is problem found and post a code.
    If the loop until failure is running the next morning then this is typically a good sign as one or more loops should have completed. Then press the escape key to abort the testing.

There are different versions of the HP UEFI diagnostics.
    Open the website for HP and click on support and drivers > enter the product or serial number or model > select the operating system > view drivers > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread
    The HP UEFI diagnostics can be installed on a flash drive and used for testing:
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8 GB)
    Create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    Download Windows 10

Insert the windows 10 iso flash drive into any USB port
    Power on the computer and boot to the widnows 10 iso clicking the applicable keyboard key.
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    Alternatively, temporarily modify the BIOS boot order so that the external USB HD is on top.
    It may take 5 - 10 minutes for the iso to load while viewing the Microsoft Windows icon
    Select language, time, currency, and keyboard, or click next
    In the left lower corner click repair your computer (do not click install as this is the method of clean install)

In the windows 10 troubleshooting menu on the iso start with startup repair.
    It may fail and display that it created a srttrail.txt file
    See if you can save this file to a flash drive and then transfer the flash drive to a working computer to upload into the thread.

Next click system restore. Start with the oldest system restore point and keep repeating as necessary until there are no more system restore points. If there are no system restore points or if system restore fails advance to the next step.

Click command prompt
    This should open a black box with title bar: Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe and prompt: X:\Sources>

Find a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures of commands and results. Then post images into the thread.

These are commands to type. For comments they will be in parenthesis.

1) bcdedit /enum
    2) bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    3) c:
    4) dir
    5) d:
    6) dir
    7) e:
    8) dir
    9) x:
    10) diskpart
    11) list disk
    12) list volume
    13) select disk 0
    14) detail disk
    15) list partition
    16) select partition 1
    17) detail partition
    18) select partition 2
    19) detail partition
    20) select partition 3
    21) detail partition
    22) select partition 4
    23) detail partition
    24) (if there are any additional partitions then continue in the same fashion)
    25) select disk 1
    26) detail disk
    27) list partition
    28) exit
    29) bootrec /fixmbr
    30) bootrec /fixboot
    31) bootrec /scanos
    32) bootrec /rebuildbcd
    33) (reboot and check boot) (if boot fails then reopen command prompt and advanced to next steps)
    34) chkdsk /r P: (change the letter P to the drive letter displayed in step #2 for the partition)
    (this may take many hours and typically displays ETA)
    (reboot as necessary to run the chkdsk command)

There are additional commands that depend upon the commands and results.
    Please make sure to post images into the thread for additional troubleshooting steps.

zbook, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

HP Laptop fails to boot unmountable_boot_volume

1. HP Laptop fails to boot unmountable_boot_volume - Similar Threads - Laptop fails boot

2. HP Laptop fails to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop fails to boot from USB: I have a HP 14-cm0012la laptop on which the original hard drive has failed. I purchased a new 240GB SSD and inserted into the laptop. I downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool and ran that to create a bootable USB. However, the laptop is failing to boot from the USB. I...
  3. Can UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOlUME Be A Sign Of A Failing Hard Disk

Can UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOlUME Be A Sign Of A Failing Hard Disk: On One Of My Windows 10 Benchmarking Computers While Testing The CPU Virtualization The Computer Randomly Crashed With UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME Then I Couldn't Access Windows So I Reinstalled Then Testing It Again I Got Multiple Error Messages Saying A Disk Opeation Failed...
  4. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hello all, My pc recently stopped working and goes to a blue screen of death, the stopcode is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DEVICE, I cannot access my startup settings, chkdsk isnt working, and bcdedit to get into safe mode ins't working either. I feel like I'm stuck in a corner, can...
  5. BSOD error "unmountable boot volume"

BSOD error "unmountable boot volume": I've had my Acer Aspire and used Windows 10 with no problems until recently. When I first saw this error screen I'd just manually turn off my laptop, wait a while, turn it back on and voila, it would boot up and work fine until it crashed again. Now Windows will not boot...
  6. BSOD Unmountable Boot Volume

BSOD Unmountable Boot Volume: Hello, I got this BSOD after running the scanner from Microsoft then leaving it overnight then when I woke up it shows a BSOD Unmountable Boot Volume. The machine can't go to Automatic Repair/System Restore because after loading it just shows a black screen. So I've...
  7. Windows 10 BSoD unmountable_boot_volume

Windows 10 BSoD unmountable_boot_volume: Hello ^_^ My original os is win7 then i upgraded to 10... After a while of using it... It opens the Blue screen saying unmountable boot volume.. Also i dont have win7 cd since the os was built in... Next i rebooted it, it says "preparing automatic repair" i tried to...
  8. BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P

BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P: Hi folks I'm new to the forums to please excuse me. I'm currently posting from my phone so when my laptop comes on I'll attach the debug file. Basically I set my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down and when I went back to resume my work (about 20 hours later) it...
  9. Unmountable boot volume

Unmountable boot volume: Hello all, Currently at my wits end with my Acer Aspire E1-570 so I'm turning to you for help! The problem begin with a plain black screen and only a cursor visible. My girlfriend was using the laptop at the time so I am unsure as to how we got here. I was able to open...
  10. Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hi I really need you help! My ASUS UX31E Motherboard went dead recently and after ordering a new one and installing it the old SSD an ASUS sdsa5jk 256Gb is being very difficult. I was hoping it might plug and play but this was of course foolish. It won't boot, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unmountable_Boot_log

2. hp laptop will not start up unmountable boot