Windows 10: HP Laptop freezing/crashing all the time

Discus and support HP Laptop freezing/crashing all the time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a brand new HP laptop 16.0 GB and 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM 17-1165G7 @ 2.80GHZ 2.80 GHZ just a couple of months ago and it has been crashing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tcVU, Mar 22, 2021.

1. tcVU Win User

HP Laptop freezing/crashing all the time

I bought a brand new HP laptop 16.0 GB and 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM 17-1165G7 @ 2.80GHZ 2.80 GHZ just a couple of months ago and it has been crashing way too often.

It mostly happens when I'm in Zoom and watching videos online while having other softwares like R and Excel open at the same time.

It is always like in the picture, nothing works, and I have to press and hold the power button to shut it down.

P.s.: I do use external wire keyboard, mouse and monitor.

HP Laptop freezing/crashing all the time [​IMG]

:)

2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 22, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 22, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

1. HP Laptop freezing/crashing all the time - Similar Threads - Laptop freezing crashing

2. Windows 11 freezes all the time on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes all the time on my laptop: My laptop freezes quite often. The only thing I can do to make it work again is to put it on the lock screen and then unlock it again. In the task manager you can see that whenever it freezes, the CPU load increases and then has a very short peak and then immediately goes...
  3. Windows 11 freezes all the time on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezes all the time on my laptop: My laptop freezes quite often. The only thing I can do to make it work again is to put it on the lock screen and then unlock it again. In the task manager you can see that whenever it freezes, the CPU load increases and then has a very short peak and then immediately goes...
  4. HP Omen laptop fan is ON all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Omen laptop fan is ON all the time: So I have an HP Omen laptop 15-dc1088nr, I updated it not realizing it was an update for Win11, I didn't mind it since I liked the way it looks now and so far no problem with Win11. But I have noticed that my fans are constantly on and would spin very loudly and would only...
  5. HP Omen laptop fan is ON all the time

HP Omen laptop fan is ON all the time: So I have an HP Omen laptop 15-dc1088nr, I updated it not realizing it was an update for Win11, I didn't mind it since I liked the way it looks now and so far no problem with Win11. But I have noticed that my fans are constantly on and would spin very loudly and would only...
  6. Freezing and crashing all of the sudden. Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing and crashing all of the sudden. Laptop: Hello!My name is Joseph.~ ~ ~ ~ and my laptop or computer has started to crash and freeze a lot lately.It wasn't happening to me before.I didn't download anything wrong; it was just the apps I always used to use for my entire life. I keep getting BSOD Blue Screen of Death for...
  7. Freezing and crashing all of the sudden. Laptop

Freezing and crashing all of the sudden. Laptop: Hello!My name is Joseph.~ ~ ~ ~ and my laptop or computer has started to crash and freeze a lot lately.It wasn't happening to me before.I didn't download anything wrong; it was just the apps I always used to use for my entire life. I keep getting BSOD Blue Screen of Death for...
  8. Freezing and crashing all of the sudden. Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Freezes All The Time

Freezes All The Time: I have been having a big problem with my computer freezing, I do not know if it is because I have caught a virus or simply because Windows 10 itself is actually crashing. Things started messing up after the December 11th 2020 update. But it has already frozen 4 times today...
  10. My laptop keeps freezing all the time

My laptop keeps freezing all the time: So I have this problem for few months already, it just randomly freezes, when I am on Chrome (or any other program, games or something like that) and get back to the Desktop i can´t click anything, I need to start my task manager and then I can click again. Does someone have...